Texas livid over not getting gov't handout :-(

I don't know what pisses them off more, not getting the federal handout or that it may be going to New York.

What it boils down to is that when push comes to shove these tough talking Conservatives have their hand out just like everyone else. :up:

it is not a handout...but nice spin.
They are not upset that they were not chosen to receive it.
They are upset as to why they were not considered to receive it.
And I agree.....there is no place for that type of childish game playing in Washington.

And I agree.....there is no place for that type of childish game playing in Washington.

Let me guess. They're putting the shuttle in NY because of a liberal conspiracy?

Maybe because NY has a bigger tourism industry than Houston does?

Let me guess. They're putting the shuttle in NY because of a liberal conspiracy?

hmmm..so put it where it is NOT needed to increase tourism.

Sounds like a plan.

DO you even read what you write before you write it?

Maybe Houston is the home to our space program, and there's no good reason as to why they shouldn't be considered?

Sounds to me like this whole thing is going to be done to curry favor with politicians to get their support on legislation.

Maybe Houston is the home to our space program, and there's no good reason as to why they shouldn't be considered?

Sounds to me like this whole thing is going to be done to curry favor with politicians to get their support on legislation.

I personally agree completely, Houston should get the shuttle.

I just think it's pretty stupid to make a conspiracy out of it. There's a pretty simple explanation as to why it's going to NY: Tourism. The Intripid is already one of the biggest federally-owned tourist attractions in NY, this move will raise awareness and funding for NASA, which is clearly what they're trying to do.

hmmm..so put it where it is NOT needed to increase tourism.

Sounds like a plan.

DO you even read what you write before you write it?

NASA isn't trying to increasing NY's tourism, they're trying to take advantage of it.

I thought the Republic of Texas didn't need anything from anybody???

Texas lawmakers: NASA, we have a problem - CNN.com
(CNN) -- Texas lawmakers are demanding to know why the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center in Houston was not chosen to be a permanent home of a retired space shuttle.

Wasn't Gov. Perry talking about secession last year anyway? :eusa_eh: :lol:

That's it?

Houston was the heart, brain and soul of the space program.

Off hand, I'd think they earned the right to keep a shuttle there.

Damn, this is a pathetic reach to slam some people. Truly one of the worst attempts ever.

The ONLY tourism that Houston has is NASA

It calls itself, "The Space City."

It has The Rockets (Pro Basketball), The Astros (Pro Baseball)

The first word spoken from the Moon: "Houston"

But, its in a Red State that will never vote for Obama, and the shuttles go to NY, LA, DC, and FL. Actually, I'm only surprised Chicago didn't get one.

No, no politics here, folks, just keep movin':eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
How many people in the Space Program were actually from Houston?

Gee...ya think?
Chuck Shumer has been Obama's butt sniffer since the day he won the primaries.
NYC does not only NOT need the Shuttle for tourism, but it is going to cost more to get it there than anywhere else.
Houston is the home of the Space Program. It deserves it. But, alas, Texas has not been one of your more "supportive states" of this administration.

I just think it's pretty stupid to make a conspiracy out of it. There's a pretty simple explanation as to why it's going to NY: Tourism. The Intripid is already one of the biggest federally-owned tourist attractions in NY, this move will raise awareness and funding for NASA, which is clearly what they're trying to do.

The USS Intrepid makes sense in NYC. It's a major port, and one that many naval vessels have used over the last century.

Just like it makes sense for Houston to have the shuttle.

I can't think of a single reason other than stupid political games as to why Houston won't be considered.

Tourism? Bah. That wasn't a consideration. That was the political camouflage.

Then one should have gone to Chicago.

I mean, after all, it is a bigger city than Cape Canaveral.

You do realize NY is getting Enterprise, which was a test model with no engines, was never in space, and has its greatest achivement being that it was jettisoned off a 747 and landed sucessfully?

The other places won shuttles. NY won a glider.

Forum List

Back