Texas Lawmakers Want EMTs And Firefighters To Carry Handguns

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
What an outstanding idea. Keep them being meat for the unhinged who have no appreciation for what they do.

Firefighters and EMS crews are often first to arrive on the scene, Captain Rick Rutledge, of the Austin-Travis County EMS, explained in an interview with KXAN. “You never really know what you’re getting into,” he said. “There are certainly risks.”

More of the story @ Texas Lawmakers Want EMTs And Firefighters To Carry Handguns

Guns, the great panacea for all of society's ills.

---SARCASM ALERT---

So, will EMT's and Firefighters be required to follow a use of force policy, take non lethal training and qualify in the classroom and on the range four times a year? Will these FF's and EMT's be requried to take the expensive psychologial evals required by most LE Agencies? At what cost? Where will the "lawmaker" secure the funds necessary to arm and train thousands of new law enforcers?

---SARCASM ALERT---

So, will EMT's and Firefighters be required to follow a use of force policy, take non lethal training and qualify in the classroom and on the range four times a year? Will these FF's and EMT's be requried to take the expensive psychologial evals required by most LE Agencies? At what cost? Where will the "lawmaker" secure the funds necessary to arm and train thousands of new law enforcers?

If you would've bothered to READ the OP, you would see it referred only to those first responders who already have firearms permits.

---SARCASM ALERT---

If you would've bothered to READ the OP, you would see it referred only to those first responders who already have firearms permits.

I didn't read the link; that said a permit to carry is insufficient and exposes an agency and the hiring authority to an enormous risk. Maybe in Texas this is of no concern, but I suspect LE in Texas requires the same protocol as do we in CA.

Today I'm a gonna to take my dog to the gun show and get her a gun - too many cats and wild squirrels around to risk she get injured. The she and me gunna go shot dem varmets.

any adult who can pass a background check should be able to carry a concealed weapon anywhere he wants
and if anyone is carrying a concealed weapon all of you people who are afraid of guns would never know anyway so you might was well stop whining about it

I don't see any problem over allowing more first responders to carry firearms.

any adult who can pass a background check should be able to carry a concealed weapon anywhere he wants
and if anyone is carrying a concealed weapon all of you people who are afraid of guns would never know anyway so you might was well stop whining about it

Anyone who is so scared they feel the need to be armed with a gun at all times, is a coward.

Anyone who is so scared they feel the need to be armed with a gun at all times, is a coward.

You think that about Dylan Roof's victims or the Pulse Nightclub victims?

What an outstanding idea. Keep them being meat for the unhinged who have no appreciation for what they do.

Firefighters and EMS crews are often first to arrive on the scene, Captain Rick Rutledge, of the Austin-Travis County EMS, explained in an interview with KXAN. “You never really know what you’re getting into,” he said. “There are certainly risks.”

More of the story @ Texas Lawmakers Want EMTs And Firefighters To Carry Handguns

Since they put themselves in danger I also agree with this

I don't believe most citizens are scared little bunny rabbits. Why are you?

I imagine Texas lawmakers wouldn't mind garbagemen, nurses, and construction workers carrying handguns either. Maybe even children.

Yep. Other than the children I agree with you. It is far better to have a gun and not need it, than it is to need a gun, and not have it.

They should certainly have a firearm in their rigs.

I don't believe most citizens are scared little bunny rabbits. Why are you?

We're not scared. We're prepared./ Funny how you try and make it a personal attack instead of addressing the very real reason to carry a weapon and that is the police are minutes away when your attacker is seconds from your nose. Who better to defend yourself than yourself? And, add to that the Supreme Court decision that states categorically that the police are not responsible for your protection and i feel that the more good people who are armed the better. The bad guys already are.

Forum List

Back