Texas Justice: Woman given body cavity search for littering

Did you guys see the pictures? OMG right at the side of the road. Holy toledo! I almost stroked out that Officers would even consider doing this.

The stills I saw had my hair stand on end.

Appalling, disgusting, power tripping behavior. All for a flicked cigarette out the window. Yikes.

And I hope the women win mucho buckolas in their case. I also hope we can keep track of this one, because if they win I'll be doing cyber cartwheels for them.

I watched the video and it didn't seem like he was some rougue cop getting his jollies over fingering a couple of women. It seemed like SOP to call in a female trooper and have her do a body cavity search right by the side of the road

What I couldn't figure was....what was he trying to find by doing a body cavity search? He smelled marijuana, did he expect to find a joint rammed up her ass?

Oh I should have clarified that the "appalling, disgusting, power tripping behavior" was referring to the policewoman. She was so, so out of line. Glad to see she was suspended.

Where I fault the male policeman was that he was clearly over zealous. How I got that impression was from reading this in the Daily Mail.

The women were initially stopped by Helleson's colleague David Farrell after he saw one of them throw a cigarette butt out the window.

Farrell can be heard in the disturbing video questioning the pair about marijuana after supposedly smelling the drug in the women's vehicle, though he failed to find any evidence of it in the car.

Despite that, he requested the women be searched because they were 'acting weird.'

And this is why I think he knew this was not going well and that this was a screw up. Again I'm only going on the reports I've been reading at DM.

The lawsuit states he then tried to 'morph this situation into a DWI investigation,' according to the Dallas Morning News.

Angel Dobbs passed a roadside sobriety test and the women were given warnings for littering.

Clearly the police woman was seriously out of line. The policeman just screwed up and realized it by then trying to turn it into a DWI.

But surely I hold him at fault for even allowing a roadside cavity search. I've never heard of any thing like it.

Kelley Helleson suspended: Texas trooper suspended after BODY CAVITY search that was caught on tape | Mail Online

And those that investigated and did nothing are really asses kicked in court.

The two women are also suing the director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, Steven McCraw, who they claim ignored previous complaints about 'unlawful strip searches, cavity searches and the like.'

The Dobbs' lawyer, Scott H. Palmer, said the shocking incident, which was filmed on one of the trooper's dash-mounted cameras, was a roadside 'sexual assault.'

He said the Texas Rangers investigated his clients' complaints but failed to take any action against the troopers.

'You can see what's happening clearly,' he told the Dallas Morning News of the video. 'No one's ever seen the likes of this. We can't let them get away with it.'

On the bright side, now that this story has made international headlines, I can see highway littering becoming non existent.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back