Texas Justice: Woman given body cavity search for littering

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by rightwinger, Dec 19, 2012.

1. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,471
    Pulled over for littering, women given body cavity searches - U.S. News

In the lawsuit, Dobbs said the trooper conducted the cavity search on the roadside, illuminated by the police car's headlights, in full view of any passing motorists

Dobbs said she never gave consent for the trooper to "frisk, pat-down, search, or otherwise touch her" and that she never gave consent for Farrell to search her vehicle -- which he can be seen doing in the dashcam video while the cavity search was under way.

The lawsuit further alleges that Helleson performed searches on both women, touching both their anus and vaginas, without changing the latex gloves between searches.

"I don't think anybody needs to have to feel, or go through what we went through," Ashley Dobbs said. "It crosses my mind every day. It's humiliating

After searching the entire car and finding no narcotics, Farrell then administered a DWI test which Dobbs passed, the lawsuit said. The women were then issued warnings for littering and released at the scene.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. Zoom

Zoom BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +276
    Wow. So because the driver flicked a ciggy butt, she was cavity searched on the side of a road in front of everyone. Her and her neice. I hope there are two new millionaires running around and two less cops. This story infuriated me. Those cops were wrong.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. lovemymutts

lovemymutts Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Zoom,:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Bravo

4. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,035
    Did you guys see the pictures? OMG right at the side of the road. Holy toledo! I almost stroked out that Officers would even consider doing this.

The stills I saw had my hair stand on end.

Appalling, disgusting, power tripping behavior. All for a flicked cigarette out the window. Yikes.

And I hope the women win mucho buckolas in their case. I also hope we can keep track of this one, because if they win I'll be doing cyber cartwheels for them.

5. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,471
    What I couldn't believe was that she could perform body cavity searches on two women and not change her gloves......Yuk

6. Samson

Samson Póg Mo Thóin Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,210
    I wonder if they've been fined.

[​IMG]

7. Zoom

Zoom BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +276
    This story is amazing.

8. Zoom

Zoom BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +276
    A fine is all well and good but two cavity searches for a fig. Butt? Are you kissing me. At the very least pleas.say you are not a cop.

9. oldfart

oldfart Older than dirt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +527
    You missed the part where the lady filed a cpmplaint with the troopers superior and were threatened with arrest for purjury because the sargeant "Knew the troopers involved for fifteen years and knew they wouldn't do anything like that."

There's now a DA and grand jury looking at whether this was a case of simple assault, sexual assault, or a violation of civil rights under color of law. Personally I think the sargeant should also be charged with obstruction of justice and witness intimidation. In addition to being fired, I hope all involved lose their law enforcement pensions under Texas law and get serious jail time. Corruption is bad, but police corruption is expecially heinous. If the people we authorize to use lethal force and to protect us become the predators of society public support for law enforcement will fall into even greater depths than it has so far. And good cops who protect bad cops are nothing more than bad cops themselves. Their duty is to the public, not their cronies.

Let's hope the DA does his or her job and throws the book at the whole bunch, and they investigate the entire division to see how deeply rooted this corruption is and how many similar cases warrant serious jhail time. Forty years in Parchman would be a good start.

10. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,035
    When my husband saw the pictures and realized the officer hadn't changed the gloves, I thought he was going to bazooka barf this morning.

Wow.