Texas heat wave: "Dangerous"

Nothing to fear... it's not any kind of man made climate change.... right? because we all know we can trust Corporate paid scientists more than academic scientists. Just ask the Tobacco industry.

BTW... I live in Pennsylvania.... and my wife and I drove up on a nearby mountain(hill... for those of you that live near the Rockies). We haven't drove up there in about two years. There is this area that boasts a modest waterfall... we took the dog and hiked a little ways to the fall.... just a trickle... nothing like it was just two years ago... and we have had plenty of rain this year. We haven't had hardly any decent snow for 5-6 years now.

I'm sorry... I believe it's our own doing.

Yea, I'm here in KC and its like 105 today with a heat index around 113. Sucks

Yeah.........well..........summer still hasnt come to New York yet........we've been freezing our asses off at night. Weird..........must be global warming.

Where in NY? I live in Central PA and the heat and Humidity is stifling.... and I live in a very rural area.

We've been industrialized for what, about a hundred years or so right?

The earth has been here for billions of years right?

Dino's have farted more methane into the ozone than we could dream of. Volcanos and mother nature in general have produced far more toxins than we have in our measly 100 years.
The earth goes through natural cycles every 10k years or so.
Mini ice ages occur naturally. Etc, etc

And its our fault? Right

Dino's have farted more methane into the ozone than we could dream of. Volcanos and mother nature in general have produced far more toxins than we have in our measly 100 years.

And its our fault? Right

Yes... we've been industrialized for about 100+ years. So what? The dinosaurs have nothing on our collective pollution. Volcanoes only happen every so often... but Industry runs 24/7/365 days a year for 100 years.

Yep... Those Corporate scientists are way better than the rest of them... I'm going to go grab another pack of cigarettes.... they are good for you.

And its our fault? Right

Yes... we've been industrialized for about 100+ years. So what? The dinosaurs have nothing on our collective pollution. Volcanoes only happen every so often... but Industry runs 24/7/365 days a year for 100 years.

Yep... Those Corporate scientists are way better than the rest of them... I'm going to go grab another pack of cigarettes.... they are good for you.

Volcanic activity releases gases without any eruptions. And early in earths history eruptions were a daily thing. Sometimes the volcanoes flowed and erupted for weeks and even months without interuption. And Dino farts as funny as that sounds contributed millions of tons of methane. As did their decaying bodies. There are bodies of water on this earth that release huge amounts of methane gas. Enough to kill entire villages of sleeping humans. If your going to join the global warming club you need all the facts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJSSx37h4mE&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪Methane gas rises from ocean depths off Costa Rica([/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM5WPl69Z18&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪Methane Bubbles to the Surface of an Arctic Lake‬‏[/ame]

Yep... those are naturally occurring phenomena that have always been there. We, on the other hand...have added to that naturally occurring phenomena at an incredible pace.

If it were ONLY the naturally occurring phenomena...we probably wouldn't be having this problem.

the weather channel hypes every one degree deviation from normal temperatures for viewership on their website and ratings on TV, worst is when their reporters pretend to be blown away by tropical storm winds and people walk normally behind them

separately, if a Texas heat wave in mid-July is anyone's proof of global warming, then they must be running out of data or better arguments

Back in the day, we used to call this "summer".
Now it's some kind of apocolyptic event.
In five months you'll be bitching about the cold.
And so it goes... on and on and on...

Back in the day, it made for idle conversation.
Now it's front page news.
But just as then, it's still good for my tomatos (hold the "e").

Forum List

Back