Texas Gov. Rick Perry Indicted For Abuse Of Power

Oh yes, and a lot of those companies don't even pay taxes, or pay less than a middle class guy. So I am giving my money to toyota, so they can hire people who will pay taxes. I keep seeing where middle class people are paying for middle class people to pay for schools? i'd rather take the $40 million and put it in the school budget.

You do realize forty million is chump change when you're looking at one large school district right?
Forty million to bring thousands of decent paying jobs and tax payers is a bargain when you compare it to obamas job stimulus package. And it's not a one time payment,those jobs will put money into the economy for years to come. That one time 40 mill to the school district is gone once it's spent.

And thats a no brainer.

Try $19 Billion of taxpayer money.

You are using the example I gave of 40 million to one company. There are many companies over 3 or 4 or more slush funds (taxpayer money)

The PIU had been investigating the Cancer Research and Prevention Institute (CPRIT), a $3 billion dollar taxpayer funded project that awarded research and investment grants to startups targeting cancer cures. The entire scientific review team, including Nobel Laureate scientists, resigned because they said millions were handed out through political favoritism. Investigations by Texas newspapers indicated much of the money was ending up in projects proposed by campaign donors and supporters of Governor Perry. In fact, one of the executives of CPRIT was indicted in the PIU investigation for awarding an $11 million dollar grant to a company without the proposal undergoing any type of review.

Perry might have been the next target.

The same cronyism appeared to be at work in two other large taxpayer accounts called the Emerging Technology Fund (ETF), and the Texas Enterprise Fund, (TEF), which were supposed to be used to help technology startups and assist companies wanting to move to Texas. In total, the governor and his appointees had purview over about $19 billion and where they wanted it invested.

yeah but it wasn't so you are being dishonest

And you know that ... how?
why would unit be there only because she is a partisan hack?

I was just joking, we all know only Republicans are partisan. Liberals are not, they are just open minded truth seekers.
sure thats only true if you are retarded

You understood me perfectly, way to go!

Why Perry will be convicted

Huffington Post

Why Rick Perry Will Be Convicted|James Moore

Do you believe that linking to a hate-site will convince anyone of your POV?
I have other posts from the Houston Chronicle and other sources that say the same facts about CPRIT and the other 2 funds. I just thought this one summarized it well in one concise factual post. It is not a point of view or opinion that the head of CPRIT has already been indicted for giving 11 million of taxpayer money that was not authorized etc. The Houston Chronicle has been reporting that and the problems with the other 2 funds for months now.

Forum List

Back