Texas: Conservative Paradise, 25 Billion dollars in the hole.

No education and no health care. This is the Republican "Recipe for Success".

no its not....prove what you just said dickhead......show me a Republican who says he doesnt want some kind of an Educational System in place and wants no health care....here is your chance Dean....show us one of your fabled links....or do like you usually do and start Dancing....

Texas will solve their problem for one reason alone. It is dominated with elected officals who are callous conservatives. Not giving a damn about people, and able to get away with dismissing human suffering with a causal, "it's all about personal responsibility" will give them cover.
Not that your post has a fuckin thing to do with the thread....But if it's not personal responsibility ,what is it then?...Really?....If one is not held responsible for themselves then who's job is it?
Do you work? Own a home? Pay your bills on time? Care for your family?
If yes to all 4 you then are exhibiting personal responsibility.
Are you now saying this is not necessary? That government should be your caretaker and that you can shirk your duties?

Texas is the asshole of the country.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in that hellhole.

California is dominated by True Believer liberals and is even deeper in the hole with no end in sight.

Thanks to people like Wry Catcher, who collect obscene public employee pensions.

so should Wry give it back?....would you if you put in your time with that pension being promised at the end and you worked and got there....would you give it back?....i sure as hell would not.....
"put in your time".....And that...is the union mentality. It isn't "work"..it's putting in one's time.
A problem that has created resentment of public worker unions by taxpayers.

No, these people do NOT deserve pensions that the taxpayers can no longer afford. There is no more money.
BTW why should those who public workers are supposed to serve, those who do not have cushy benefits and bulbous pensions NOT resist having more of their hard earned dollars confiscated to fund these unsustainable perks?
It is time for overpaid government workers to start giving back.

lol I remember Hannity verbally blowing Texas a few months back and I thought wow...How are those policies keeping that place afloat? Come to find out they're not..makes sense now

Yes, further cuts, government has suffered enough. To burden government with further decreases in spending is tyranny.

Imagine the cruelty.

The whole thing sorta went whoosh..

I will break it down for you.
-Low taxes.
-More back from the Federal Government then they put in.
-Oil.
-Poor or non-existent public services.

And STILL in the hole.:lol:
first ,you claim that Texas is not a donor state is false.
What public services are you referring to?
Over stuffed municipal payrolls with more workers than there is work to do? Political patronage jobs paying well into six figures with bonuses? Deferred pay? Ability to save up unlimited amounts of sick and vacation time over an entire career?
My town tax rate is a paltry 12 cents per $100 of assessed value.
We have more than adequate law enforcement. Weekly trash collection, water, sewer, very few municipal workers( not needed).Volunteer FD. It's called limited government. Council members are not paid full time employees. They are paid a modest stipend. This is designed to eliminate the specter of "career politicians". There is no political patronage.
Everything works just fine.
Our system is efficient and inexpensive. We have parks which are on land donated by the private sector. The people in town who use the ball fields maintain them on their own time and own dime. There is no need to hire people at taxpayer expense to cut the grass.
We do not need nor want the kind of overstuffed expensive government seen in big union states. In fact most of us here moved away to escape big government. We are happy to not be paying over $1000 per month in property taxes. Most of us pay that in a year.
I live in a very nice neighborhood surrounded by other nice neighborhoods.
So there. High taxes and huge municipal payrolls does not a good town make.
BTW, public sector workers are prohibited the right to collective bargaining. That's called salary control. Public workers earn market wages and serve because they wish to serve. Not because service presents a financial windfall.

Yes, further cuts, government has suffered enough. To burden government with further decreases in spending is tyranny.

Imagine the cruelty.

-Low taxes.
-Oil.

no matter how its spun, this is what happened

Sallow was already proven full of shit on the notion that Texas receives more Federal dollars than it pays in taxes.

map.gif

While it's true that Texas pays like a "Blue" State, a couple of things do come to light. Alaska gets a lot of government subsidies when they have so much oil money they pay their citizens to live there. Thank Gawd for half governor Sarah Palin.
And Texas, for a state that also has oil, why are they in the hole? The are nothing like Blue States. They are so hostile to "education" they want to redefine science and re-write history.
They don't pay for almost anything and they have many military bases the government is paying them rent for.

So, the Texas equation: Oil Money + Government Money + plus paying nothing on Education + Paying nothing on infrastructure = Bankrupt. This is how conservatives govern. How many examples do we need?

Keep piling up the obfuscation bullshit...
First off genius the royalty payment for Alaska residents was part of the Oil Pipe Line deal which was negotiated LONG before Sarah Palin was out of grade school.
And Texas is certainly NOT hostile to education. The state has one of the finest public university systems in the US and is home to many of the best private universities in the nation.
You will now provide examples with links to the alleged hostility to education.
Military bases are US Property ,dumb ass.
Oh you enviro nazis have made oil production in the US so God damned expensive with your idiotic regulations and lawsuits, most of the wells in Texas produce NOTHING...Enjoy your Obama caused $4 gas ....
What the hell does this have to do with the Krugman op ed piece? Not a thing.....

Thenn stay in New York, asshole, where you pay a lot more in taxes and get the same non-existent services.

Does that make you happy?

Hey, is it snowing again? Are the rats looking to fatten up on all the uncollected garbage again?

Awww..

Hurt much Revere?

Your hero shit state is a sinkin..

I don't live there.

What good are all your higher taxes if your city still stinks when you need those services?

yeah...ain't that a hoot. These union nut suckers are spewing all kinds of crap about how non union states have no municipal services and other backwash. Hmm,.ok so why then does for example New Jersey with some of the highest taxes in the nation have a crumbling infrastructure? There are very few, if any rest areas open on the interstates. The roads are in horrible condition. Roadside trash never gets picked up.
When Thomas Kean was governor he proposed letting jail inmates do roadside cleanup. The state residents were all for it. The unions representing municipal and state highway maintenance workers went ballistic.They claimed the prison inmates would be taking food off the worker's tables....There was enough resistance from the democrat dominated state government to scrap the plan. The roads remained filthy.
Big union states do not have better services. Just more expensive services.

Sallow was already proven full of shit on the notion that Texas receives more Federal dollars than it pays in taxes.

map.gif

While it's true that Texas pays like a "Blue" State, a couple of things do come to light. Alaska gets a lot of government subsidies when they have so much oil money they pay their citizens to live there. Thank Gawd for half governor Sarah Palin.
And Texas, for a state that also has oil, why are they in the hole? The are nothing like Blue States. They are so hostile to "education" they want to redefine science and re-write history.
They don't pay for almost anything and they have many military bases the government is paying them rent for.

So, the Texas equation: Oil Money + Government Money + plus paying nothing on Education + Paying nothing on infrastructure = Bankrupt. This is how conservatives govern. How many examples do we need?

First off genius the royalty payment for Alaska residents was part of the Oil Pipe Line deal which was negotiated LONG before Sarah Palin was out of grade school.
And Texas is certainly NOT hostile to education. The state has one of the finest public university systems in the US and is home to many of the best private universities in the nation.
Oh you enviro nazis have made oil production in the US so God damned expensive with your idiotic regulations and lawsuits, most of the wells in Texas produce NOTHING...Enjoy your Obama caused $4 gas ....
What the hell does this have to do with the Krugman op ed piece? Not a thing.....

Any military base pumps money into the local economy. I thought EVERYONE knew that. Guess I was wrong.

As far as "hostile" to education, we will let Texas speak for itself:

Start with the Republican State of Texas Party Platform:

http://static.texastribune.org/media/documents/FINAL_2010_STATE_REPUBLICAN_PARTY_PLATFORM.pdf

Historians speak out against proposed Texas textbook changes

Texas schools board rewrites US history with lessons promoting God and guns | World news | The Guardian

Now a battle looms in Texas over science textbooks that teach evolution, and the wrestle for control seizes on three words. None of them are “creationism” or “intelligent design” or even “creator.”

The words are “strengths and weaknesses.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/us/04evolution.html

Texas ranks in the bottom third of states—34th nationally—in a state-by-state study of our children's well-being, according to the 2010 KIDS COUNT Data Book. The study reveals that Texas has the third highest teen birth rate in the nation, and a child poverty rate well above the rest of the U.S.

CPPP Article List: KIDS COUNT

And like Krugman, you bought into the notion that the movement toward getting rid of expensive union contracts in the public sector is purely political. Nonsense. It's about the fiscal survival of states and fending off angry taxpayers.

Unions will not now or ever be illegal. Get use to it.

Outlaw Unions and you can look forward to France..circa the revolution.
I never said unions would be illegal.
I stated the movement to eliminate public worker union perks is unstoppable. \The taxpayers are pissed off. They are demanding the scales be balanced. They are no longer able to have their taxes increased every year to pour money into the wages and pensions of those who are supposed to be serving the taxpayers.
We can no longer afford to pay office workers six figure salaries.....Read the link I provided..
Get this.. over 50% of the teachers in my 8 town school district in NJ are paid over $100,000 per year... There are people who've been employed with town's depts. of public works, street sweepers, drive snow plows, clean the parks that make six figure salaries and thats's BEFORE overtime. That is far too much money.
I am not implying that government work should make one a pauper. I support bringing public sector wages and benefits in line with the private sector. These should be balanced.
The unions need to go. The unions are the reason why the workers have poor attitudes. The unins have permitted government workers to forget who it is they serve. The general public are essentially customers of government services. A worker with civil service protection can tell a citizen to go piss up a tree and nothing will happen to that worker. If a manager tries to discipline that worker, the worker yells "grievance" and "union rep" and the manager goes back to his office. It's bullshit.

Imagine the cruelty.

-Low taxes.
-Oil.

first ,you claim that Texas is not a donor state is false.
What public services are you referring to?
Over stuffed municipal payrolls with more workers than there is work to do? Political patronage jobs paying well into six figures with bonuses? Deferred pay? Ability to save up unlimited amounts of sick and vacation time over an entire career?
My town tax rate is a paltry 12 cents per $100 of assessed value.
We have more than adequate law enforcement. Weekly trash collection, water, sewer, very few municipal workers( not needed).Volunteer FD. It's called limited government. Council members are not paid full time employees. They are paid a modest stipend. This is designed to eliminate the specter of "career politicians". There is no political patronage.
Everything works just fine.
Our system is efficient and inexpensive. We have parks which are on land donated by the private sector. The people in town who use the ball fields maintain them on their own time and own dime. There is no need to hire people at taxpayer expense to cut the grass.
We do not need nor want the kind of overstuffed expensive government seen in big union states. In fact most of us here moved away to escape big government. We are happy to not be paying over $1000 per month in property taxes. Most of us pay that in a year.
I live in a very nice neighborhood surrounded by other nice neighborhoods.
So there. High taxes and huge municipal payrolls does not a good town make.
BTW, public sector workers are prohibited the right to collective bargaining. That's called salary control. Public workers earn market wages and serve because they wish to serve. Not because service presents a financial windfall.

Yeah..I was wrong about the Federal tax thing..oh well.

But all the austerity..hasn't kept Texas from being as in the hole as states that provide good services.

Last edited:

map.gif

Get-Over-It-Eagles[www.savevid.com]_WMV V9_WMV V9.wmv

We can no longer afford to pay office workers six figure salaries.....Read the link I provided..
Get this.. over 50% of the teachers in my 8 town school district in NJ are paid over $100,000 per year... There are people who've been employed with town's depts. of public works, street sweepers, drive snow plows, clean the parks that make six figure salaries and thats's BEFORE overtime. That is far too much money.

Yep, here is the kind of guy that hires you to build him a fence, and then can't pay his bill when you finish the job. He is the type that buys a house and then can't afford to make the payments. He is the type of guy who's credit history is marred in unpaid debts after breaking agreements he never meant to keep. Oh yeah, he wanted a swimming pool, but he wanted to mooch it off the builder. He wants a steak dinner, but he has to slip out the restroom window because he can't afford it. So naturally you find him here trying to get his state out of a contract and fuck the workers who signed on in good faith. Is he all about paying higher taxes to see these workers are paid?? Hell No!!

California is dominated by True Believer liberals and is even deeper in the hole with no end in sight.

Thanks to people like Wry Catcher, who collect obscene public employee pensions.

so should Wry give it back?....would you if you put in your time with that pension being promised at the end and you worked and got there....would you give it back?....i sure as hell would not.....
"put in your time".....And that...is the union mentality. It isn't "work"..it's putting in one's time.
A problem that has created resentment of public worker unions by taxpayers.

No, these people do NOT deserve pensions that the taxpayers can no longer afford. There is no more money.
BTW why should those who public workers are supposed to serve, those who do not have cushy benefits and bulbous pensions NOT resist having more of their hard earned dollars confiscated to fund these unsustainable perks?
It is time for overpaid government workers to start giving back.

so if you were working at a place and the pension you are supposed to get when you get to 30 years is NOW considered extravagant,but 20-30 years ago....no one thought diddly squat about it....you would say..."ok, knock it down 50%"?....the new guys coming in might have to settle for something different....but those who worked a hell of a long time...deserve what they were working for....

New Topics

Forum List

Back