Texas Clinic Apologizes to Muslim Woman for Headscarf Ban

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
A Texas health clinic operator says it regrets telling a Muslim doctor applying for a job that she couldn't wear her traditional headscarf.

Coppell, Texas-based CareNow called the ban a misunderstanding. It said in a statement it plans to clarify its policy and continue training current workers to prevent confusion in the future.

Dr. Hena Zaki of Plano says she was shocked when CareNow officials told her last month in person and later by e-mail that a no-hat policy extended to her hijab.

The Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations wrote to CareNow, explaining federal law requires employers to reasonably accommodate religious practices of an employee.

Top Headlines, U.S., World, Politics, Entertainment and Sports News - AOL News

Texas Clinic Apologizes to Muslim Woman for Headscarf Ban

I don't mind as long as it's not some gaudy color or style. And if the woman is unattractive, I'd recommend the following:

Muslim-headscarves_1002867c.jpg

It should be.

I wouldn't let that woman anywhere near me or my family with a hijab on.

But that's just me....

Why?

Would you be afraid of her?

Who said I'm afraid? I didn't.

I said I wouldn't let her anywhere near me with a hijab on.

She wants to worship a Pedophile child molester, fine. Do it on HER time. Not my time.

When she's the "Doctor", the focus is on ME and MY issues, not her false hate-filled "prophet" Big-Mo or her stupid ass "religion".

'Nuff said.

It should be.

But that's just me....

Why?

She wants to worship a Pedophile child molester, fine. Do it on HER time. Not my time.

When she's the "Doctor", the focus is on ME and MY issues, not her false hate-filled "prophet" Big-Mo or her stupid ass "religion".

'Nuff said.

ahhh.. so it's a religious hatred thing. I'm betting you'd act less cavalier if your kid were choking and a muslim doctor were your only option.

then again, knowing how batshit crazy christians are you might just let your progeny die just to make a point about your hatred of islam.

:cuckoo:

'Nuff said.

So I'm going to assume this will extend to all of the medical advancements that the Muslims invented or helped invented? Hell, the father of Algebra is a Muslim. Looks like you can't do math either unless you want to do that math (or anything beyond it) and use the medical advancements of people who "worship a Pedophile child molester."

http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/176/10/1467

Last edited:
I don't see any reason to be concerned about women wearing the head scarf. Obvious exceptions would be something like a driver's license or other identification where it is necessary to demonstrate that the person in a photo is the person carrying in the card, but that's just a practical reality. Apart from that I don't see why anyone should be concerned whether someone else decides to wear one or not.

It should be.

But that's just me....

Why?

'Nuff said.

Do you have the same attitude towards Jewish/Christian/Buddhist/Hindu/etc. doctors as well?

Didn't think so ...

'Nuff said only to prove that you're a total bigot.

So I'm going to assume this will extend to all of the medical advancements that the Muslims invented or helped invented? Hell, the father of Algebra is a Muslim. Looks like you can't do math either unless you want to do that math (or anything beyond it) and use the medical advancements of people who "worship a Pedophile child molester."

Islam's forgotten contributions to medical science -- Hehmeyer and Khan 176 (10): 1467 -- Canadian Medical Association Journal

Actually, algebra predates that by quite a period of time and was found in numerous cultures. The word 'algebra' that we use now comes from the arabic word, though, and the Muslim mathematician you are talking about made some important contributions to the discipline.

Actually, algebra predates that by quite a period of time and was found in numerous cultures. The word 'algebra' that we use now comes from the arabic word, though, and the Muslim mathematician you are talking about made some important contributions to the discipline.

That's right about the invention of Algebra. That's why I said Father of Algebra and that Algebra is a Arabic word instead of inventing it. :lol:

That's right about the invention of Algebra. That's why I said Father of Algebra and that Algebra is a Arabic word instead of inventing it. :lol:

Ah...I got ya.

I used to know the name of the guy, but can't think of it now (though I suppose I can Google it).

Why?

'Nuff said.

Do you have the same attitude towards Jewish/Christian/Buddhist/Hindu/etc. doctors as well?

Didn't think so ...

'Nuff said only to prove that you're a total bigot.

Only the ones who wear it on their sleeve and bring it to work.

Religious faith is private, personal and has NO place in the workplace. Including a medical facility (unless you are the Chaplin). It certain has no place in a doctor patient relationship--unless the PATIENT decides to open that door.

I am selective about who I open that door to.

If you have a problem with that, it would be...ah yes, YOUR PROBLEM! :D

Religious faith is private, personal and has NO place in the workplace. Including a medical facility (unless you are the Chaplin). It certain has no place in a doctor patient relationship--unless the PATIENT decides to open that door.

Care to explain how this woman wearing a headscarf makes her any less of a doctor and you wouldn't want her to help you? What? Are you afraid that she's gonna blow you up or something? Humor me.

'Nuff said.

So I'm going to assume

Assume all you want. You would be wrong.

You *do* know what happens to those who ASS-U-ME too much? :lol:

I don't see why people should be intolerant of religious expression, even if they're not religious or belong to another religion. I wouldn't be upset with a physician who wore a necklace with a cross on it, or who had a headscarf, or a hindu woman with a bindi on her forehead. Who cares? She's a good doctor? Great. That's all I care about.

Assume all you want. You would be wrong.

You *do* know what happens to those who ASS-U-ME too much? :lol:

That's right, don't respond to the rest of it. You sure got quite the record here already. You hate African Americans and you hate the Muslims. Did I miss anyone? :eusa_eh:

The city I live in has alot of Jewish Doctors.

Many wear the little round hat on their head as a symbol of their religion.

I don't hear anyone complaining about them doing this.

The city I live in has alot of Jewish Doctors.

Many wear the little round hat on their head as a symbol of their religion.

I don't hear anyone complaining about them doing this.

I've never seen a doctor wearing a yarmulke, so I've never had to confront that issue.

I *have* been attended by a Moslem shit who didn't know his butthole from a hole in the ground about medicine.

He told me I had hepatitis and I just had to learn to live with abdominal pain. I changed doctors and we discovered I had gallstones and didn't have to live with the pain at all.

The Moslem shit left me far less than impressed.

Forum List

Back