Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Who's going to see it tomorrow? I sure as heck am! I'm also gonna see Kill Bill this weekend. Even though I'm kinda nervous to see how bad they massacre the original (no pun intended), the trailer was really really scary and was actually sort of the inspiration for my horror script, so I'll be there tomorrow.

Going to see this one Sunday. My friend Collins is out of town this weekend and I promised her I'd see it with her, so I'm waiting til then. My roommates saw it and said it was really really really scary, so I'm anxious to see it.

Yep, I saw this sunday night. Obviously, it wasn't as good as the original, but if you're dumb enough to think it would be, you probably don't need to be watching it anyway. Just like I expected, they basically took the original's framework and crafted a more slick-looking, more extensively plotted film. I loved the more ragged look of the original because it gave the movie an added feel of realism. While most people don't really realize it, the original wasn't very gory at all, but the new one has a lot of gore. Overall, the acting was good enough (it's hard to act well in these kinds of movies), and the two girls (Jessica Biel, and I don't know the other's name) were pretty hot. The script was pretty horrible, though it did give R. Lee Ermery (the drill seargant in Full Metal Jacket) a few good lines. The cinematography really saved this movie, they really crafted a suspensful and creepy atmosphere. One minor problem I had with the movie was that they showed Leatherface with his mask off. While his face was honestly very disturbing, I'm still a firm believer that what you don't see is scarier than what you do. I jumped a few times throughout the movie, but it wasn't all that scary. When the movie ended, Collins and I saw a girl in the lobby that was crying. I guess it was pretty scary for her! THere were also a lot of people that bought into the whole "based on a true story" angle, which was more or less BS. Anyways, it was pretty scary, but not as good as the original. I give it 3 stars.

Finally out on dvd I saw it last night! I agree Dan, not as good as the original! I think it was a worthy watch, but would take the original anyday!

Yeah. Best Buy was having a deal yesterday where if you bought the new one on DVD, they gave you the old one for free. I wish I'd had some extra money!

As far as being based on a true story if not mistaken It was to a degree! I think it was a twist on the life of Ed Gein! I could be wrong though!

Yeah, it was based on Gein to a degree (I hear there's a good documentary on him on the SE of the new one), but all I was saying was, there was never a Leatherface, or a vanful of kids who got killed then mutilated in 1974 is all.

Another thing that bugged me was that they showed Leatherface's face in the new one. It was a cool effect, but it blew a lot of the creepiness from the first one. Also, the glossiness and the fact that Jennifer Biel was the star kinda took away from the grittiness the original had. But, like I said it was good.

Originally posted by Dan
Also, the glossiness and the fact that Jennifer Biel was the star kinda took away from the grittiness the original had.

Thats the main reason I wathced. She is HOT!!

Decent movie. 2.5 stars.

I do have a dvd called ED GIEN, dont know if that is the one you are talking about but it's not a documentary! And I agree, that is why I said it was a twist on the life of Ed Gein! that man was a sicko! ED GEIN is played by Steve Railsback, he did a good job!

I heard that was good! No, I'm talking about on the new TCM, the special edition DVD has a documentary about Gein, supposed to have lots of crime scene photos and stuff, fairly in-depth.

That sort of thing fascinates me and disgusts me at the same time. Like, on the Wonderland DVD, they have a crime scene walkthrough shot right after the murders, and it made me sick to my stomach, yet I was strangely fascinated by it.

Forum List

Back