Texas AG: To stop school shootings use Israeli model

So...you're all in agreement that we should or should not use the Israeli model?
I agree we need strong gun control just like Israel!

School shootings are not a problem in countries with strong gun control.

So who is going to pay for all those things? Texas has cut school funding drasticly over the last several years. They can't even afford books for all their students.

While the Israelie model ain’t the way to go, Texas and the rest of the country can fund real school security just fine by simply turning off the lights in their huge 3 million dollar sports complex’s. It’s all about priorities. Professional polititions need these mass killings and the high body counts that come with them to Saturday in power and keep getting your money so they can buy all their cool stuff. Look here, Kary ISD has a 70 million dollar stadium. Glad to see Texans have their priorities right. As long as money is spent on bull shit and not security every politition who speaks on this issue is a filthy liar and piece of shit liar.

Sneak peek inside Katy's $70 million high school football stadium

Katy's Legacy Stadium, which opens Aug. 31 when Katy Taylor plays Foster in the first regular season high school football game of the year, ended up costing about $70.3 million. The stadium itself cost $58 million, but then there was another $12.3 million spent on the new fieldhouse attached to the stadium, the parking lot, exterior lighting, surrounding roadwork, drainage and utilities.
And when schools are locked down with military like security shooters go to churches? Soccer fields? Parks? We can’t have super security everywhere. But countries with strong gun control don’t have a mass shooting problem....

Aha....maybe the billions of dollars that the US hands isrsel every year can fund school books at least. Some schools are in bad shape to begin with. Besides when a country starts to follow the Israeli example, that means they are doomed.
Or the billions handed out to illegal aliens which is waay more than what we give to our only true ally in the Middle east.

So...you're all in agreement that we should or should not use the Israeli model?

I think we should try locking up crazy people.

Then look at the likely hood that our child rearing is deeply, DEEPLY flawed and leading to poor development particularly a lack of sufficient rough housing in the formative years (mostly due to lack of fathers)

And when schools are locked down with military like security shooters go to churches? Soccer fields? Parks? We can’t have super security everywhere. But countries with strong gun control don’t have a mass shooting problem....

Yes we can lock down all public buildings. Private facilities are the problem of those who own and/or choose to frequent those places.

Well, then, how about those of us who homeschool.....do we get our school taxes refunded???

Actually. I feel the tax payers with kids should pay an extra fee for the 13 years their kids are in school to pay for it. Reduce the burden on those who don't utilize the system.

I would do away with public schools completely and make education a totally private business.

But you ignored my query....how about those of us who homeschool.....do we get our school taxes refunded???
Why would you? Do you get a refund from the taxes that pay for roads if you don't drive on them? Do you get a refund from the taxes that pay for firemen if you never have a fire?

Many localities list 'school tax' separately.....why charge it if I don't avail myself of same.

Or....how about you pay the tolls on the George Washington Bridge....whether you use it or not.

Send in that $15, cheapskate.

It is the most vitale part. Countries with strong gun control do not have this problem.

Exactly. Places like the UK and Australia have no history of a RIGHT to self defense or gun ownership so it wasn't a big deal to them if they lost their guns. The USA does have that history and legal protection. We're not giving up our guns.

Well, then, how about those of us who homeschool.....do we get our school taxes refunded???

Actually. I feel the tax payers with kids should pay an extra fee for the 13 years their kids are in school to pay for it. Reduce the burden on those who don't utilize the system.

I would do away with public schools completely and make education a totally private business.

But you ignored my query....how about those of us who homeschool.....do we get our school taxes refunded???
Why would you? Do you get a refund from the taxes that pay for roads if you don't drive on them?
No, you simply do not pay them. (Tag fees, fuel taxes, and car excise taxes.)

So who is going to pay for all those things? Texas has cut school funding drasticly over the last several years. They can't even afford books for all their students.

While the Israelie model ain’t the way to go, Texas and the rest of the country can fund real school security just fine by simply turning off the lights in their huge 3 million dollar sports complex’s. It’s all about priorities. Professional polititions need these mass killings and the high body counts that come with them to Saturday in power and keep getting your money so they can buy all their cool stuff. Look here, Kary ISD has a 70 million dollar stadium. Glad to see Texans have their priorities right. As long as money is spent on bull shit and not security every politition who speaks on this issue is a filthy liar and piece of shit liar.

Katy's Legacy Stadium, which opens Aug. 31 when Katy Taylor plays Foster in the first regular season high school football game of the year, ended up costing about $70.3 million. The stadium itself cost $58 million, but then there was another $12.3 million spent on the new fieldhouse attached to the stadium, the parking lot, exterior lighting, surrounding roadwork, drainage and utilities.

But they do. And they spend millions on sports complex’s, but can’t pony up for school security? And I mean REAL security, not old ragged out over weight piles of fat Mexican and black slobs like the TSA hides.

Forum List

Back