Texas added more jobs than the other 49 states combined

from 2001 to last June.

And since the recovery began 2 Junes ago- Texas has created 37% of America's net new jobs.

per 6-27-11 George Will column on Rick Perry - longest serving governor in his 11th year.

Rick Perry does indeed rock as a governor! Veteran, rancher. Good guy. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the White House. Texas is the model of balancing budgets, cutting spending, and keeping taxes low. That's a fact.

He looks at secession as an option.

In my book that makes him a traitor. Of course Texans feel differently.

That's fine. I'm pro-usa and proud of my state.

Secession is not a constitutional option.

from 2001 to last June.

And since the recovery began 2 Junes ago- Texas has created 37% of America's net new jobs.

per 6-27-11 George Will column on Rick Perry - longest serving governor in his 11th year.

And texas has the 5th smallest debt to gdp ratio of the 50 states.

Rick Perry is looking as good as Romney as far as the economy is concerned.

Out of the 500,000 jobs created in the entire USA 240,000 were created in texas! thats wild right there.

Thanks to energy subsidies and the invasion of Iraq.

Jobs are good only if they can be credited to Obama.

Jobs created under Republicans are bad.

At least, that's what the Obamabots are saying here, proving that they don't actually give a damn about people.

Among hourly-paid workers in Texas, 550,000 had earnings at or below the prevailing Federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour in 2010, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. (See chart 1 .) Nearly 5.8 million workers were paid at hourly rates, representing 55.7 percent of all Texas wage and salary workers.1 . Regional Commissioner Stanley W. Suchman noted that the number of Texans paid at or below the Federal minimum wage increased as the number of workers earning the exact Federal minimum wage rose, while the number of Texans paid below the minimum wage declined. Combined, these workers accounted for 9.5 percent of all hourly-paid workers in Texas.

In the United States, 72.9 million workers were paid at hourly rates in 2010, representing 58.8 percent of all wage and salary workers. Of those paid by the hour, 1.8 million earned exactly the prevailing Federal minimum wage and about 2.5 million additional workers earned wages below the minimum. Together, the nearly 4.4 million workers with wages at or below the Federal minimum made up 6.0 percent of all hourly-paid workers in the nation, up from 4.9 percent in 2009.

With the exception of 2003, the number of hourly-paid workers at or below the Federal minimum wage declined steadily in Texas from 1998 to 2006. (See chart 1 .) However, annual increases in the Federal minimum wage from 2007 through 2009 contributed to increased numbers and higher percentages of workers in the State receiving pay at or below the mandated level. Although the Federal minimum wage was unchanged in 2010, the number of workers with pay at or below the minimum wage increased in both the State and the nation.

The number of Texas workers with hourly pay at or below the Federal minimum rose by 76,000 in 2010, with men and women accounting for nearly equal portions of the rise. The number of men earning at or below the Federal minimum wage rose by 36,000, an increase of almost 20 percent from 2009. The number of women earning at or below the Federal minimum rose by 39,000, an increase of less than 14 percent. As a result, men accounted for nearly 41 percent of the State’s workers with wages at or below the mandated level in 2010, their highest share since 2003. However, women continued to have a higher percentage of workers earning at or below the Federal minimum wage than men, 11.9 percent compared to 7.4 percent.

The median hourly earnings for all hourly-paid wage and salary workers in Texas stood at $11.20 per hour in 2010; nationally, the median was $12.50.3 . For men and for women, the median hourly rates in Texas were $12.13 and $10.24, respectively. (See table 1 .) Nationally, the median hourly rates were $13.76 for men and $11.83 for women.

Texas, at 9.5 percent, tied with Mississippi for the highest proportion of hourly-paid workers earning at or below the prevailing Federal minimum wage among the 50 states and the District of Columbia in 2010.

Alabama and West Virginia followed, each at 9.3 percent. Washington, Oregon, Alaska, and California had the lowest percentage of workers earning at or below the Federal minimum wage (2 percent or less).

Texas accounted for 12.6 percent of all U.S. workers paid at or below the Federal minimum wage in 2010, down from 13.3 percent in 2009.

It should be noted that as of January 1, 2011, 17 states and the District of Columbia had laws establishing minimum wage standards that exceeded the Federal level of $7.25 per hour; on January 1, 2010, that number stood at 144 .
source

So those people are better off being unemployed? Is that what you're trying to say?

So if we have a miracle economic recovery by this time next year and unemployment is down to 5%, those millions of people back at work better all be making $100k a year or Obama failed, right?

It always amazes me how low Republicans "set the bar". Like Michelle Bachmann, "When I'm president, I will remove the EPA". Instead of using government office to promote "incentives" to create jobs, Republicans are willing to turn the country into a cesspool.

Why? Because they have no "plans". No "vision". They don't understand "investment" or "supply and demand". They only know how to "squeeze money" from an ever shrinking base of middle class with jobs. Well, that pool is "finite".

fi·nite (fnt)
adj.
Having bounds; limited

Once it's gone, it's gone.

They look at the Chinese who are being paid 51 cents an hour and living in dorms and say, "Yea, but at least they have jobs".

Rick Perry does indeed rock as a governor! Veteran, rancher. Good guy. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the White House. Texas is the model of balancing budgets, cutting spending, and keeping taxes low. That's a fact.

Yep another Texan in the WH the others have done so well...

Based on that mindset I take it your against Herman Cain too since obama is black and all :eusa_eh:

HUH? Skintone is not the topic here, Texicans attitudes are.

So those people are better off being unemployed? Is that what you're trying to say?

So if we have a miracle economic recovery by this time next year and unemployment is down to 5%, those millions of people back at work better all be making $100k a year or Obama failed, right?

It always amazes me how low Republicans "set the bar". Like Michelle Bachmann, "When I'm president, I will remove the EPA". Instead of using government office to promote "incentives" to create jobs, Republicans are willing to turn the country into a cesspool.

Why? Because they have no "plans". No "vision". They don't understand "investment" or "supply and demand". They only know how to "squeeze money" from an ever shrinking base of middle class with jobs. Well, that pool is "finite".

fi·nite (fnt)
adj.
Having bounds; limited

Once it's gone, it's gone.

They look at the Chinese who are being paid 51 cents an hour and living in dorms and say, "Yea, but at least they have jobs".
What incentives are Democrats offering to create jobs? "Be successful so we can tax you more!"?

How many jobs were paid for with govt mony?

Lots...Brooke Army Medical Center[BAMC] expansion will make BAMC a premier medical center with a world class burn unit for our troops and the general public. Ft. Sam Houston renovation is making Ft. Sam the new home of the Army's Southren Command. Electronic surveillance headquarters comming to Southcentral Texas.

He still has budget issues, is weak on illegal immigration, and has some shady deals that the National media will throw in his face. As for jobs here, Texas will run its self pretty good, and Rick Perry can take very little credit for its success. Would he be better then Obama ? Most likely yes, but he is not the guy most think he is. As time go's on, and more skeletons come out on our candidates opinions will change. His dealings and those of his lieutenant Governor with the Merik drug company need to be addressed right away or they will be used against him right off. I liked Cain, but dont like that I cant find allot on him that has not come from the media. As for Texans doing OK in the white house, if Bush is who whom you refer it needs to be remembered that the Auto bail out was done by his guy Henry M. Paulson ? We need to know who the candidates are and where they stand or we are not fixing any of the mess the last two Presidents made with our votes. If it were Perry or Obama, I would vote Perry. He will at least listen to voters to preserve his political position. It needs to be remembered that we are dealing with Politicians who have proven that power trumps the well being of the country. Not so much with Bush, and Clinton, but definitely with Obama and his Congress and Senate.

Last edited:
GodBlessTexas2.jpg

erry’s biggest tool for job raiding is controversial. Beginning in 2003, he persuaded the Texas legislature to give him control over several massive, largely unsupervised funds that provide subsidies to businesses that move to Texas. His office proudly claims that the two biggest funds have created more than 54,000 jobs in the past eight years. “They’ve been immensely important to our state’s economic development,” says Catherine Frazier, Perry’s deputy press secretary. “This is about attracting jobs and making Texas a destination for companies to relocate and expand.”

The largest fund, the Texas Enterprise Fund, was created in 2003 and has awarded some $412 million in subsidies to companies nominally to create jobs. A December 2010 analysis by the Texas comptroller found that $119 million of that money went to companies that didn’t deliver on the jobs they promised. The governor’s office took back only $21 million from those underperformers, often choosing to define downward the job-creation requirements. GOP Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, whom Perry beat in last year’s GOP gubernatorial primary, called revelations that taxpayer-funded contracts sent money overseas to create jobs “disturbing” and “unacceptable.”

Read more: The Cracks in Texas Governor Perry's Job-Growth Record | Swampland

Among hourly-paid workers in Texas, 550,000 had earnings at or below the prevailing Federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour in 2010, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. (See chart 1 .) Nearly 5.8 million workers were paid at hourly rates, representing 55.7 percent of all Texas wage and salary workers.1 . Regional Commissioner Stanley W. Suchman noted that the number of Texans paid at or below the Federal minimum wage increased as the number of workers earning the exact Federal minimum wage rose, while the number of Texans paid below the minimum wage declined. Combined, these workers accounted for 9.5 percent of all hourly-paid workers in Texas.

In the United States, 72.9 million workers were paid at hourly rates in 2010, representing 58.8 percent of all wage and salary workers. Of those paid by the hour, 1.8 million earned exactly the prevailing Federal minimum wage and about 2.5 million additional workers earned wages below the minimum. Together, the nearly 4.4 million workers with wages at or below the Federal minimum made up 6.0 percent of all hourly-paid workers in the nation, up from 4.9 percent in 2009.

With the exception of 2003, the number of hourly-paid workers at or below the Federal minimum wage declined steadily in Texas from 1998 to 2006. (See chart 1 .) However, annual increases in the Federal minimum wage from 2007 through 2009 contributed to increased numbers and higher percentages of workers in the State receiving pay at or below the mandated level. Although the Federal minimum wage was unchanged in 2010, the number of workers with pay at or below the minimum wage increased in both the State and the nation.

The number of Texas workers with hourly pay at or below the Federal minimum rose by 76,000 in 2010, with men and women accounting for nearly equal portions of the rise. The number of men earning at or below the Federal minimum wage rose by 36,000, an increase of almost 20 percent from 2009. The number of women earning at or below the Federal minimum rose by 39,000, an increase of less than 14 percent. As a result, men accounted for nearly 41 percent of the State’s workers with wages at or below the mandated level in 2010, their highest share since 2003. However, women continued to have a higher percentage of workers earning at or below the Federal minimum wage than men, 11.9 percent compared to 7.4 percent.

The median hourly earnings for all hourly-paid wage and salary workers in Texas stood at $11.20 per hour in 2010; nationally, the median was $12.50.3 . For men and for women, the median hourly rates in Texas were $12.13 and $10.24, respectively. (See table 1 .) Nationally, the median hourly rates were $13.76 for men and $11.83 for women.

Texas, at 9.5 percent, tied with Mississippi for the highest proportion of hourly-paid workers earning at or below the prevailing Federal minimum wage among the 50 states and the District of Columbia in 2010.

Alabama and West Virginia followed, each at 9.3 percent. Washington, Oregon, Alaska, and California had the lowest percentage of workers earning at or below the Federal minimum wage (2 percent or less).

Texas accounted for 12.6 percent of all U.S. workers paid at or below the Federal minimum wage in 2010, down from 13.3 percent in 2009.

It should be noted that as of January 1, 2011, 17 states and the District of Columbia had laws establishing minimum wage standards that exceeded the Federal level of $7.25 per hour; on January 1, 2010, that number stood at 144 .
source

What I was saying is what I wrote. If I was trying to say something I'd have said it, Lad.

Okay, I don't really understand what the above is saying or trying to say.

I think the point you might be trying to make is that some low paid jobs are better than no job at all, right?

Yes, I suppose that is true.

from 2001 to last June.

Yep another Texan in the WH the others have done so well...

Yeah, not all Texans are in love with Perry. he is reelected because he will change position on an issue if voters scream loud enough. that alone should get him elected.

Last edited:
Based on that mindset I take it your against Herman Cain too since obama is black and all :eusa_eh:

HUH? Skintone is not the topic here, Texicans attitudes are.

Right, your prejudging an entire state of people based off where they live. Thats so differnet then prejudgin an entire group of people based on skin color.

Pffft. They're just redneck NASCAR fans in flyover country. Who cares what they think?

/leftist mode

Since our cost of living is lower than many other states, and we don't have a state income tax, that's really not too bad.

Forum List

Back