Texans Fed Up With Texas Board Of Education

Or, it could be something crazy:

1. 7/17/2010: The Texas Economy is comparatively good

2. There is NO State Income Tax in Texas.

I'm sure the oil wells have nothing to do with it.:eusa_whistle:

:eusa_eh:

A non sequitur is a conversational and literary device, often used for comedic purposes. It is a comment that, because of its apparent lack of meaning relative to what it follows, seems absurd to the point of being humorous or confusing.

Oil and Gas Industry Profile
By any standard, Texas’ oil and gas industry makes enormous contributions to the state and the nation.

Industry Profiles - Economic Development - Texas In Focus

Oil prices help Texas rake in $10.7 billion surplus

What recession? Texas looking at $10.7 billion surplus | Business | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

I'm sure the oil wells have nothing to do with it.:eusa_whistle:

A non sequitur is a conversational and literary device, often used for comedic purposes. It is a comment that, because of its apparent lack of meaning relative to what it follows, seems absurd to the point of being humorous or confusing.

Oil and Gas Industry Profile
By any standard, Texas’ oil and gas industry makes enormous contributions to the state and the nation.

Industry Profiles - Economic Development - Texas In Focus

Oil prices help Texas rake in $10.7 billion surplus

What recession? Texas looking at $10.7 billion surplus | Business | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

You're probably trying to make a point: Lemme help since you don't seem to be able to carry it over the goal-line: Texas has natural resources and knows how to develope them into profitable industries that attract employers. In turn, these employees and employers pay sales tax that support Texas Government Services, without a state income tax.

This is an intelligent reason for American's to relocate Texas: Jobs, and a lower cost of living.

Last edited:
Who the hell learned anything from their textbooks? Kids are much better at separating the bullshit from the buckwheat than many of you seem to think, especially with the net. Do any of you realize what's out there available to any one who looks? My generation had to use other means (I cleaned out the library) but we managed. Misinformation and or rewriting history is getting harder and harder to sustain. The problems in education are not whats being taught, its in the failure to teach period. Graduates who can't read or write, people who can't do simple math, 50% dropout rates in the cities, no marketable skills, no means of making a living. its trite but its true, bring back McGuffey! Pappadave.

72% of likely voters say they want teachers and scholars, not politicians, to be responsible for writing curriculum standards.

Sadly, the GOLDEN RULE suggest that's not going to be the case in TX

68% say that separation of church and state is a key constitutional principle, although 49% want religion to have more influence in public schools.

the above describes, I think, one of deadly schisms in the USA zeitgeist.

And 55% of likely voters oppose publicly funded vouchers that permit students to attend private religious schools.

Another of those POV schisms, partially due to the above difference of opinion.

Religion is tearing this nation apart, folks.

New Topics

Forum List

Back