Texan kid suspended for candy possession

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
What the hell is wrong out there?
ORCHARD, Texas – A third-grader at Brazos Elementary was given a week’s detention for possessing a Jolly Rancher.
School officials in Brazos County are defending the seemingly harsh sentence. The school’s principal and superintendent said they were simply complying with a state law that limits junk food in schools.
But the girl’s parents say it’s a huge overreaction.
“I think it’s stupid to give a kid a week’s worth of detention for a piece of candy,” said Amber Brazda, the girl’s mother. "The whole thing was just ridiculous to me."

Jolly Rancher lands Brazos ISD third-grader in detention for a week | khou.com | Khou.com - News, Houston news, Texas News, Headlines

ORCHARD, Texas – A third-grader at Brazos Elementary was given a week’s detention for possessing a Jolly Rancher.
School officials in Brazos County are defending the seemingly harsh sentence. The school’s principal and superintendent said they were simply complying with a state law that limits junk food in schools.
“I think it’s stupid to give a kid a week’s worth of detention for a piece of candy,” said Amber Brazda, the girl’s mother. "The whole thing was just ridiculous to me."

Jolly Rancher lands Brazos ISD third-grader in detention for a week | khou.com | Khou.com - News, Houston news, Texas News, Headlines

Your Nanny State in action.

Your Nanny State in action.
Yep. Those Texans sure do like to tell people what to do.

Correction: Those federally funded union run public schools have zero tolerance for children.

The world's gone mad. All this information and misinformation had got people nuts. Imagine, our grandparents, parents, even many here have lived long and prosperous lives without all these warnings about how everything is killing us. I'm so sick of the health nazis

Forum List

Back