Testosterone Tumbling in American Males

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:shocked1:

35 minutes ago
FRIDAY, Oct. 27 (HealthDay News) -- The testosterone-fueled American male may be losing his punch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Over the past two decades, levels of the sex hormone in U.S. men have been falling steadily, a new study finds.

For example, average total testosterone levels in men aged 65 to 69 fell from 503 nanograms/decileter (ng/dL) in 1988 to 423 ng/dL in 2003.

The reasons for this trend are unclear, said researchers at the New England Research Institutes in Waterdown, Mass. They noted that neither aging nor certain other health factors, such as smoking or obesity, can fully explain the decline.

"Male serum testosterone levels appear to vary by generation, even after age is taken into account," study lead author Thomas G. Travison said in a prepared statement.

Testosterone is the primary male sex hormone and plays an important role in maintaining bone and muscle mass. Low testosterone levels have been linked to health problems, including lowered libido and diabetes.

It's normal for men's testosterone levels to peak in their late 20s and then start to gradually decline, experts say. But this study found that overall testosterone levels are lower than they were 20 years ago.

"In 1988, men who were 50 years and older had higher serum testosterone concentrations than did comparable 50-year-old men in 1996. This suggests that some factor other than age may be contributing to the observed declines in testosterone over time," Travison said.

He and his colleagues analyzed blood samples -- along with health and other information -- from about 1,500 men in the greater Boston area who took part in the Massachusetts Male Aging Study. That study collected data in 1987-89, 1995-97, and 2002-04.

"This analysis deals with men who were born between 1915 and 1945, but our baseline data were not obtained until the late 1980s, when the elder subjects were about 70 years old, and the youngest about 45," Travison said.

"Events occurring in earlier decades could certainly help explain our results, if their effects persisted into recent years," he noted.

The findings were published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20061027/hl_hsn/testosteronetumblinginamericanmales

He and his colleagues analyzed blood samples -- along with health and other information -- from about 1,500 men in the greater Boston area who took part in the Massachusetts Male Aging Study.

Or its only happening to the men in Boston :funnyface

Wha? How can the cause be unclear? The cause is the pussification of American Male Children.

"Don't WRESTLE!! You might get HURT!!!"

"Don't have WINNERS or LOSERS!! It might HURT somebodys FEWLINGS!!!"

"Don't Pee standing UP!! You might..uh...well...I got nothin', but I bet it's BAD!!"

:(

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
Wha? How can the cause be unclear? The cause is the pussification of American Male Children.

"Don't Pee standing UP!! You might..uh...well...I got nothin', but I bet it's BAD!!"

Ever read Kim du Toit's essay "The Pussification of the Western Male?"

It's sad really, to watch the male of the human species devolve into worms and toads.... Thank God there are a few of us "men" left.....

Absolutely. This goes beyond what you note. Males are taught in school --- really, conditioned --- to be wimps. Don't fight. Don't talk back. If you're aggressive, you have a mental problem. You have "ADD." And so on. The system loves males without balls, because they just clock in and out and don't make trouble.

I would also note that it's perfectly OK for blacks and Hispanics to be macho, but if you're white and macho, you're a laughingstock to the media and a potential dangerous psycho.

Yup, Liberalization = Pussification.

I think its happening mostly in blue areas.;)

It's happening all over America and one of the major factors is the problem of women raising the children. When women and only women raise children this is bound to happen. They should stop having children if they are not married and/or don't intend to stay that way.

I'm curious what the white, Christian male plans on doing about this.

I'm curiuos to hear what options that you think we have.
Mm says he's tired of white Christian males being blamed for everything. But who has been in power? Who has been the ones running things?

Men are suppose to be the spiritual leaders of the home. They have failed. Men need to get back on their knees and lead their families. This is where it needs to start.
When women are treated with the love & respect they deserve, when they are treated like an equal partner; when children are taught how to obey & respect others, then we will see the home, society & the world change.

Mm says he's tired of white Christian males being blamed for everything. But who has been in power? Who has been the ones running things?

Men are suppose to be the spiritual leaders of the home. They have failed. Men need to get back on their knees and lead their families. This is where it needs to start.
When women are treated with the love & respect they deserve, when they are treated like an equal partner; when children are taught how to obey & respect others, then we will see the home, society & the world change.

In other words---you DO blame white men for the situation we are in.

Well join the crowd---You planning on just stting on your ass until we "fix" everything. What if we all have just said "fuck it" ?
Then the family & society will continue on the course that it's on.

Forum List

Back