Testing an argument if you will

Sekhmet

Rookie
Jan 29, 2010
Georgia
I wrote this quickly and in the thought of condensing it and sending it to potential congressional candidates in our area, as our primary is not til July and we have some time left to really shake a few progressives out of the tree, I think the issue of immigration is a real focused test. After reading a few papers regarding human trafficing and slavery of the abject poor, i was inspired to make this argument regarding illegals within our borders. please feel free to share your thoughts and critiques, as i am developing this theme and invite you, if you like the direction, to steal and promote everywhere, as i firmly believe my beginning premise. thanks

Dear Politician.

This is how we think of you in this new era of an out-of-control federal government. We are people who live and work and raise our families in communities. The Fed is working very hard to take the heart of the community out of its own center, and centralize it in Washington DC.
This cannot ever work for freedom loving Americans. We understand that the heart of our communities and the local governments and responses by them are the very soul of who we are, and also, what works.
We see very clearly that our country is on a wrong path of centralization, dictatorial bromides, horrifyingly unsafe border areas, the breach of our borders causing jobs to be ROBBED from Americans, we the people have no love for a government that would not protect us by not applying the very federal laws AZ is asking them to prosecute! We are a great nation and we have ignored laws in a lazier and more indolent manner than the laws of Mexico itself! If you think we are happy about this, think again.
It will not take but a moment for an unemployed American to see an illegal working and he is not, make the connection. In this alone, we see that you, as a politician is willing to throw good Americans under a bus.
We are not as stupid as you HOPED we would be and we do have the power to change what we have let go wrong.
We want our borders closed and Americans protected from drug and human smugglers, from kidnappings and murders, we want control returned to our local communities and WE will decide how we spend the tax dollars that come from us. We want our politicians to be ethical, truthful and loyal to our Constitution and laws. We want our politicians to put US first and let US grow our communities and states as we see a vision for them.
To quote a great man, “If you are not with us, you are with the terrorists” A simple sentiment that can be illustrated by the very sentiment of the American people at this historic time. IF you are not on the side of the American people, then you do NOT deserve the privilege of governance.
We are not interested in having a failed VAT tax on top of an already skewed income tax system that penalizes success and innovation and removes an entire segment of society from any burden or responsibility that others must bear for them. Not only is this a noose around the neck of innovators, it removes any responsibility of contributing to the greatest nation on earth.
There are many in our society that do need help, they are mentally and physically unable to provide for themselves, but you absolutely know that is NOT what I am talking about.
Population has grown exponentially and it creates a large pool of people vulnerable and easily manipulated, globalized economies looking to unregulated labor, pushing aside the legitimate manpower that would be available within communities. These ever increasing realized profits can lead to the eventual enslavement of all fellow man. Are YOU one who would push aside values and principles which would allow for that eventuality? If you cannot see the path undocumented labor leads, then you may not be capable of leading in such a way that ensures freedom and liberty for all men and women of the world. IF you cannot see that turning a blind eye to what is happening on OUR borders has a direct relationship to the eventual enslavement of mankind, then you have no place leading a country founded on the very principles of freedom.
It is imperative that we enforce our laws within our borders; otherwise there is no point to law, any law.
As the protectors of freedom, is it not up to us to control what happens within our borders? If we do not control it, there will not be enough manpower to help ensure the freedom for those we have within, a problem of slavery to masters, and a culture of slavery to our own government, the only source of sustenance to some because they have been taught, BY GOVT, that they do not have the will or ability to create their own path to freedom.
For those of you who think you are defending the downtrodden, you are only helping to grease the path for that person to live forever in slavery, you are facilitating leadership to become more and more corrupt in their facilitation of slavery.
For those of you who would turn a blind eye to this, by deliberately ignoring laws, you create the very underworld where the dark evil of slavery can gain great strides in the destruction of the human spirit.
An entire generation of great Americans spoke out and fought back and won the right to freedom, arguably the greatest moment in human history. The greatest gift to another human is the gift of freedom. And yet there are those who, on both sides of the issue and isle, would now grease the path to another dark era of human slavery, and because of the greatest surge in population known in history, this era could prove to be the darkest of dark. It will not end well for any of us.
IF you stand for freedom, then you stand to ensure we are ALL standing by the laws of our country. Without them we have chaos, misery, and the destruction of freedom as we have known it since 1786.
Where do you stand? With freedom or with slavery, are you with freedom or with the slave masters?

My only issue: You say 'we want our borders closed'. I don't think 'closed' is good - most of us know and welcome legal immigration. If it were me, I would change that to 'we want our borders protected and controlled'. Make sure they understand that we welcome immigrants, just not illegals.

Unless, of course, you actually want isolationism. In which case, I would fundamentally disagree with you, and I think most Americans would disagree too.

Caligirl, What i really want is for people to examine their hearts on where they stand with regards to laws and excusing human enslavement.
Our nation was founded on LEGAL immigration, the people who came here made good on America's promise... LOOK at us!! Are we not amazing? All of us here as a result of an immigrant.
Isolation is not the premise here, and if you got that out of my open letter, i know i have more work to do on clarity, thanks for the critique in that vein. I will put clarification on the list of revisions. I know there is work to do on it.

Caligirl, What i really want is for people to examine their hearts on where they stand with regards to laws and excusing human enslavement.
Our nation was founded on LEGAL immigration, the people who came here made good on America's promise... LOOK at us!! Are we not amazing? All of us here as a result of an immigrant.
Isolation is not the premise here, and if you got that out of my open letter, i know i have more work to do on clarity, thanks for the critique in that vein. I will put clarification on the list of revisions. I know there is work to do on it.

Then, yea, you have more work to do. Change the stuff about 'closing the border', because that is closing it to ALL immigrants and most Americans are the sons and daughters of immigrants. We should hold fast to the 'give me your ...' on the statue of Liberty.

We are a phenomenal country... truly extraordinary - because of our Constitution. We are the only country on the planet with such an incredibly document. We should be a beacon of hope to other countries.... our current (and previous) Administrations prefer us to be just one more country on a planet of vanilla.

Ahh, no, alas, I cannot change that portion of the sentiment. We absolutely must close the border where people are breaching it, ILLEGALLY, yet allow people to come accross in an orderly and legal manner.
If you support illegal migration, then that opens the doors to human slavery. I will never support that.
You either 'get' my premise, or you do not. Read some papers on slavery around the world, and you will find that it is the very type of person an illegal here is, that creates the very atmosphere for people to check their ethics at the door, and enslave them. No, will not support, you are either with it, or with the slavemasters.

While I am supportive of most of your sentiment, I wouldn't call what you wrote a real argument.

It's more of an editorial.

Forum List

Back