Test Your Knowledge

92% one wrong. Top 6% And I got the easiest one wrong, 10% unemployment? Thought they were asking for reality!!!

What's up with the First Family as your avatar?

I find it kind of strange....most people do not display photos or memorabilia of people until they pass away...unless, of course, they are relatives...or their hero's.

Are the first family your hero's?

Yay - 100%....

What do I win?

I share your prize.

Here's Your Score: You correctly answered 12 of the 12 possible questions along with approximately 2% of the public. You did better than 98% of the general public.

I am such a smart ass bitch.

92% one wrong. Top 6% And I got the easiest one wrong, 10% unemployment? Thought they were asking for reality!!!
100%; and in your opinion what would reality be???

I am anxiously awaiting the answer to this question. Does midcan see it as higher than 10% as it truly is....or does midcan have such an adoration for the mesiah that he (she) sees it as much lower, but the GOP has spun it as a crisis that does not exist now that Obama is the man.

10 out of 12. Pretty good for only doing this during my down time at work and occasionally watching the news.

Everyone missed question #3 since Japan is the largest holder of US debt not China.
Unless you said Japan and got it correct.

12 of 12, I admit there was a moment when i wondered too about Japan or China owning the bulk of our debt, but looking it up I found a couple of sources that say China still owns 10% of the approx 18%outstanding of "foreign" debt. Americans and American institutions own half of the debt.

Wrong Japan has owned more of our debt since December. Question #3 is incorrect in this bogus test.
~~~~~

Foreign demand for Teasury securities falls

Feb 16, 9:58 AM (ET)

By MARTIN CRUTSINGER

WASHINGTON (AP) - The government said Tuesday that foreign demand for U.S. Treasury securities fell by the largest amount on record in December with China reducing its holdings by $34.2 billion.

The reductions in holdings, if they continue, could force the government to make higher interest payments at a time that it is running record federal deficits.

The Treasury Department reported that foreign holdings of U.S. Treasury securities fell by $53 billion in December, surpassing the previous record of a $44.5 billion drop in April 2009.

The big drop in China's holdings meant that it lost the top spot in terms of foreign ownership of U.S. Treasuries, dropping to second place behind Japan.

Japan also reduced its holdings of U.S. Treasuries, cutting them by $11.5 billion to $768.8 billion in December, but that amount was still more than China's December total of $755.4 billion.
My Way News - Foreign demand for Teasury securities falls

Wrong Japan has owned more of our debt since December. Question #3 is incorrect in this bogus test.
~~~~~

Foreign demand for Teasury securities falls

Feb 16, 9:58 AM (ET)

By MARTIN CRUTSINGER

WASHINGTON (AP) - The government said Tuesday that foreign demand for U.S. Treasury securities fell by the largest amount on record in December with China reducing its holdings by $34.2 billion.

The reductions in holdings, if they continue, could force the government to make higher interest payments at a time that it is running record federal deficits.

The Treasury Department reported that foreign holdings of U.S. Treasury securities fell by $53 billion in December, surpassing the previous record of a $44.5 billion drop in April 2009.

The big drop in China's holdings meant that it lost the top spot in terms of foreign ownership of U.S. Treasuries, dropping to second place behind Japan.

Japan also reduced its holdings of U.S. Treasuries, cutting them by $11.5 billion to $768.8 billion in December, but that amount was still more than China's December total of $755.4 billion.
My Way News - Foreign demand for Teasury securities falls

Look at the date of the survey.

Political-Quiz-Charts_10.png

I don't follow stocks and whatnot, so I missed the Dow Jones question.

I also missed 'how many women are there on the Sureme Court'. I never considered it important how many penises and vaginas were involved with a court decision.

aviarypewresearchorgpic.png

Last edited by a moderator:
the scary thing for me is that well over half the people asked got less than 50% of those questions, and they weren't hard questions.
and they vote...

Forum List

Back