Tesla - The First Legit Electric Car

While there is no "holy grail" that might be the closest thing right there. Using combustable fuels (whether it be hydrogen, gas, bio-diesel, or something else) to power a generator for an electric motor. It doubled the range provided by hydrogen fuel in the RX-8 prototypes and here you're saying a tank of gas now gets 640 Miles? Just by using it to run a generator instead of the wheels.
Sorry I should have quoted it, I took the directly from the website! The Volt runs for the first 40 miles on strickly on electric. Meaning, in theory, the Volt might never use any gas at all. However, if you exceed 40 miles, then it kicks into gas power and runs on gas for the next 600 miles!

The price of solar cells continue to drop. If a home owner were to install 5 kw of solar cells, that would be enough in most parts of this nation to run his or her automobiles and also the home.

The roadster was cool, but at $110K (not to mention a 2 seater) is way to expensive. The only people rich enough to buy one is someone who doesn't worry about gas prices!

The Model S (which is a 5 seater) is getting more to the middle class at $50-$60K, however its still priced out of most people's range!

The Bluestar is at $20-30K! That would start a revolution!

Tesla's 'Bluestar' to be all-electric family car | Green Tech - CNET News

If most cars were electric, how would that effect the use/cost/consumption/production of electricity in the U.S.? Would the system we have now be able to handle this? What are the cons to electric cars? Just wondering about it all.

wow i have heard about electric scooters but i have never heard about electric cars.I think they are going to replaces the cars which runs on diesel and petrol..
138l1103.jpg

That is the goal! I for one pray it happens by 2015

If most cars were electric, how would that effect the use/cost/consumption/production of electricity in the U.S.? Would the system we have now be able to handle this? What are the cons to electric cars? Just wondering about it all.

I think so. It is easier to produce energy from stationary sources like a power plant, rather than from 10s of millions of small mobile sources!

Hitting the market 2012. They have 3K pre-orders that require a $5K deposit (that is $15 mil in deposits if your counting).
Tesla is building its future step by step and one of the most important upcoming vehicles coming from the company is the Model S. The company is doing a pretty good build job, as it has already managed to convince 3,000 customers to pre-order the vehicle.

Here is what this awesome car does!
Here’s what the company promises for the Model S:

• Up to 300-mile range (If you drive 40 miles a day- most people won't- that is 7.5 days without charging)
• 45-minute Quick Charge (you could probably connect a solar panel or wind generator that will recharge the battery every Satur and Sun Mourning)
• 5-minute battery swap
• Charges from 110V, 220V or 440V
• Seating for 5 adults + 2 child seats (that is a lot of room for pretty much any family).
• Unique hatch for oversized items
• 60/40 flat-folding rear seat
• 2nd trunk under hood (double sized trunk room)
• EPA Roominess Index 121.6
• More room than station wagons
• 17-inch infotainment touchscreen

$50K, even with a $7,500 government rebate, is still a little too rich for my blood, but I am trying to convince my pops into getting one. I think I am close to getting him to pull the trigger! He is a millionaire, but he is a lot a liberal and global warming alarmist. Hopefully by 2012 I can get him sold on it.

Forum List

Back