Tesla Semi

Hmmmm, four and a half years on.

I still haven't seen one.

The Tesla Semi is delayed again​

Any company looking to start hauling things cross-country using a Tesla Semi will have to wait until 2022 at the earliest.

Tesla on Monday said it has shifted the electric big rig's launch to 2022, blaming the delay on "limited availability of battery cells and global supply chain challenges." The company also said it is tabling the project to focus resources on getting two new factories in Berlin and Austin.

The entire auto industry has been hobbled by a shortage of microchips, which are crucial to all manner of vehicle systems. Tesla has also said its production has been affected by congestion at ports.

But the development of Tesla's truck was slow-going long before the pandemic upended global supply chains.

When Tesla first announced the Semi in 2017, it aimed to start delivering trucks to customers in 2019. Over the years, it pushed the tractor trailer's launch to 2020, and later to 2021.

A legitimate business turns a profit. A legitimate business doesn't need to go out and get new "investors" to keep the plant open. A legitimate business actually produces its product ON TIME. Something that tesla has never done.
God, I do love these old posts. See how stupid your flap yap was then? And you haven't changed a bit. Tesla has made enough profit they are building new gigafactories about every year now. And I bet they build over a million vehicles in 2022. Their goal is five million by 2025, I bet they exceed that.

Last edited:
In the future we will all be green. Currently in Musk's secret backyard garden he is quietly growing lithium batteries on magic water lilies.
No, dumb ass, Musk has 17,000 acres in Nevada that can produce all the lithium he needs. And he has signed several producers on the East Coast, Australia, and China for lithium also.

Abstract​

The omnipresence of lithium-ion batteries in mobile electronics, and hybrid and electric vehicles necessitates discovery of new lithium resources to meet rising demand and to diversify the global lithium supply chain. Here we demonstrate that lake sediments preserved within intracontinental rhyolitic calderas formed on eruption and weathering of lithium-enriched magmas have the potential to host large lithium clay deposits. We compare lithium concentrations of magmas formed in a variety of tectonic settings using in situ trace-element measurements of quartz-hosted melt inclusions to demonstrate that moderate to extreme lithium enrichment occurs in magmas that incorporate felsic continental crust. Cenozoic calderas in western North America and in other intracontinental settings that generated such magmas are promising new targets for lithium exploration because lithium leached from the eruptive products by meteoric and hydrothermal fluids becomes concentrated in clays within caldera lake sediments to potentially economically extractable levels.

And there are many of these formations in Oregon, Nevada, California, and Idaho. Tesla has a new method of extraction of lithium from lithium clays that is not only less costly, but also leaves the environment restorable.

150,000 for 300 mile range is pretty sucky. If they can't do a minimum of 600 miles they are going to have a hard time selling them.
Most trucks do not do 300 miles in a day. In fact, there are many that do multiple trips in a day, and barely exceed 100 miles. For them, the Tesla is a real winner.

No, dumb ass, Musk has 17,000 acres in Nevada that can produce all the lithium he needs. And he has signed several producers on the East Coast, Australia, and China for lithium also.

Abstract​

The omnipresence of lithium-ion batteries in mobile electronics, and hybrid and electric vehicles necessitates discovery of new lithium resources to meet rising demand and to diversify the global lithium supply chain. Here we demonstrate that lake sediments preserved within intracontinental rhyolitic calderas formed on eruption and weathering of lithium-enriched magmas have the potential to host large lithium clay deposits. We compare lithium concentrations of magmas formed in a variety of tectonic settings using in situ trace-element measurements of quartz-hosted melt inclusions to demonstrate that moderate to extreme lithium enrichment occurs in magmas that incorporate felsic continental crust. Cenozoic calderas in western North America and in other intracontinental settings that generated such magmas are promising new targets for lithium exploration because lithium leached from the eruptive products by meteoric and hydrothermal fluids becomes concentrated in clays within caldera lake sediments to potentially economically extractable levels.

And there are many of these formations in Oregon, Nevada, California, and Idaho. Tesla has a new method of extraction of lithium from lithium clays that is not only less costly, but also leaves the environment restorable.
If Nevada has all the lithium tesla needs why does your link say you are a fucking liar???

"the Li clay deposit in Sonora, Mexico (Fig. 2a), as the future supply for the Tesla Motors gigafactory in Reno, Nevada16."

If Nevada has all the lithium tesla needs why does your link say you are a fucking liar???

"the Li clay deposit in Sonora, Mexico (Fig. 2a), as the future supply for the Tesla Motors gigafactory in Reno, Nevada16."
Musk has 17,000 acres in Nevada that can produce all the lithium he needs.
Gee, ya don't think,.. ..that perhaps "can" doesn't always mean "will"?
These deposits are gaining more attention due to the recent assessment of the McDermitt/Kings Valley deposit in Nevada (Fig. 2) as the largest Li resource in the United States (~2 Mt)15, and the selection of the Li clay deposit in Sonora, Mexico (Fig. 2a), as the future supply for the Tesla Motors gigafactory in Reno, Nevada16.
Tesla's still likely to grab some where cheaper than it costs them to extract it. It's like "fucking" capitalism. Ever heard of that?

Most trucks do not do 300 miles in a day. In fact, there are many that do multiple trips in a day, and barely exceed 100 miles. For them, the Tesla is a real winner.

That's bullshit. Over the road drivers average around 600 miles per day. In town delivery drivers only do about 200 or so.

I think you are confusing the two.

Elon Musk is nothing more than a con-man

No, he has some original thinking going on. I will give him that, but he is a master of having the taxpayers pay for his work.

No, he has some original thinking going on. I will give him that, but he is a master of having the taxpayers pay for his work.
Original thinking? Certainly battery powered homes, or battery powered anything may be original but I would not call it smart. Batteries, to power our homes? That is a bit backwards, kind of when everyone had to have their own fire, instead of one power plant able to heat hundreds of thousands of homes.

I think people forget, that Elon Musk did not create Tesla. He certainly is lucky, having a father rich enough to afford him to go to one of the best universities in the World. A place where he certainly needed to be to make the deals that got him to where he is today.

Today, though, he seems to be the world's biggest con man.

Tesla is hardly the only truck manufacturer going electric.
There's an old saying, "A fool and their money are soon parted". And when you finally get round to putting your money where your mouth is and buy an EV, it just means another fool jumped onto the band wagon. Musk's bank account is full of fool's money, be sure to add to it, you're a prime candidate.

Original thinking? Certainly battery powered homes, or battery powered anything may be original but I would not call it smart. Batteries, to power our homes? That is a bit backwards, kind of when everyone had to have their own fire, instead of one power plant able to heat hundreds of thousands of homes.

I think people forget, that Elon Musk did not create Tesla. He certainly is lucky, having a father rich enough to afford him to go to one of the best universities in the World. A place where he certainly needed to be to make the deals that got him to where he is today.

Today, though, he seems to be the world's biggest con man.

Yes, he is certainly a con man. Paypal was mostly him. And Space X is doing good R&D thanks to his ability to fleece the taxpayers.

Forum List

Back