Tesla EV uses 7,000 laptop Batteries

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Temecula California
It seems the more you know the crazier it gets.

Is that a wise use of Lithium? Certainly its great news for those who own or profit from Lithium, like Wall Street. Lithium is a finite Element, some doubt Tesla can even attain enough Lithium. We will see, but for now, how many people think there is zero effect on the Environment when each Tesla car will consume a minimum of 7,000 Laptop Batteries.

Tesla s 1 Problem Isn t What You Think - Forbes

The forward-thinking company understands the challenge ahead and is on its way to doing just that, planning what CEO Elon Musk has dubbed a “Giga Factory,” that would produce everything from the battery cells to fully finished packs. (Tesla currently uses about 7000 laptop-battery cells in each vehicle.) It has been buying commodity parts from Panasonic to make its packs and the recently announced deal between the two companies suggests that Panasonic could partner with Tesla to build such a facility.

18s8mt3r8rvfejpg.jpg

I see it as wasteful, unsustainable. 7,000 laptop batteries per car? Which will get replaced at least once, yes? That is my issue. Its pure waste, tons of waste, literally. If they sell a 100,000 cars the amount of batteries becomes ridiculous.

It is something to think about, to save us from oil, we must use all the Lithium, in one generation. Without even thinking, that in the future there may be a better use for the Element, LI, Lithium.

Open up a 6 volt lantern battery and see what's inside. Big trucks use two or more batteries. So what.

They're bullshit trendy, that's what electric cars are. Crash tests? They look like they'd crumple in head-on with a Vespa. I'm going to look that aspect up tomorrow...unless anybody wants to do it ahead of me.

The Tesla Model S may be the safest vehicle ever tested by the feds. So safe, in fact, that according to the automaker, the all-electric sedan broke the testing equipment at an independent commercial facility.

The Tesla Model S Is So Safe It Broke the Crash-Testing Gear WIRED

Did you know Tesla's have TWO trunks? I love both of my Tesla's.

these electric car threads are laughable........you know these are the same people who went for those big dick pills and internet Turbonators.:boobies::boobies::coffee:

God......my life would be rather devoid of humor without these AGW mental cases, and Im not even kidding!!! Not that Im complaining.......this forum would suck without them:2up:

these electric car threads are laughable........you know these are the same people who went for those big dick pills and internet Turbonators.:boobies::boobies::coffee:

God......my life would be rather devoid of humor without these AGW mental cases, and Im not even kidding!!! Not that Im complaining.......this forum would suck without them:2up:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

Tesla S P85D. Room for five passengers in luxury. 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds. Handling exceeds most cars in it's class. Price is actually below that of most sports luxury sedans. And, daily, more super charging stations are added. As the price of the batteries decrease, and there range increases, the Tesla will be an even more desirable vehicle.

"Big dick pills" is ironic for a hack that can't make a post without :boobies::boobies:....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

Tesla S P85D. Room for five passengers in luxury. 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds. Handling exceeds most cars in it's class. Price is actually below that of most sports luxury sedans. And, daily, more super charging stations are added. As the price of the batteries decrease, and there range increases, the Tesla will be an even more desirable vehicle.
Link liar, link!

You can not demand others to link if we must hound you for your lousy links.

Forum List

Back