Terry will be away

I'll take pictures...I don't have a laptop, nor do I know anyone that will lend me one. My sister has a computer, but I need to clean hers up...cause she said it takes 10 min to start up.

As far as getting stopped by the cops...LOL PC, I'll just say, yes sir and thank you sir.

Cops don't like to be called 'Sir', they liked to be called 'Officer'. That's all I got. :D

Have fun in the Flor-i-da sun!!!!
I know lots of cops and they dont' mind "Sir" it's how you say Sir that matters. Thank you!

Keep it between the ditches. Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down, 8's and 6's and all them good numbers to ya!

Check your PMs, I have a little gift for you that you can take with you!
Ok going to read my PM now and thank you

I just got back and boy am I glad I am...if anyone wants the details of my trip, I'll be happy to discuss tomorrow but for right now a hot shower and bed is in need...oh and a happy pill would be nice!

I just got back and boy am I glad I am...if anyone wants the details of my trip, I'll be happy to discuss tomorrow but for right now a hot shower and bed is in need...oh and a happy pill would be nice!
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Glad to see ya made it back!

Welcome home!

"Gee, it's good to be back home again." - John Denver

Welcome home!

"Gee, it's good to be back home again." - John Denver
Thank you, all went fine until the second day there! Drove around looking at old places I lived and hung out...wasn't speeding but a cop pulls me over and gives me a ticket! After that every time I drove my car I had cops following me. They even followed me into my mother's driveway as I pulled in. I was pissed off but what can I do. My husband just fired off a letter to the Cocoa Beach Police Dept. :lol: Here it is:

Cocoa Beach Police Dept.
Cocoa Beach, Florida

Attn: Chief Holmes,

Sir,

I have enclosed this letter along with my payment of $119.00 to the Brevard County Clerk. I must pass on to you that I feel this is rather nit picky. My wife was going 44 in a 35, convieniently in an area directly after a speed change. Sir, I am a retired Air Force Security Forces Chief Master Sergeant, spent 3 years right there in Cocoa Beach at PAFB. I have many friends who are State Troopers, City Policeman, Federal Agents, and the consensus I get is, “bad police work”.

I spent years counselling my troops about tolerance, surely your patrolman ran my wifes DL and it came back clean. She hasn’t had a ticket in her life, until she decided to visit her family in Cocoa Beach. The tactic of setting up speed traps directly adjacent to a change of speed is rather Orwellian. Something we avoided in the Air Force for this very reason.

It is quite obvious your troops are targeting out of state plates, not a smart tactic for an economy dependent on tourism. Well, we won’t be back.

Well, you have your $119.00, but you’ve lost my respect for your police force.

I saw my mother for the first time in 12 years, she is 78 years old. She is frail, works at walmart and is trying to care for my 56 year old brother who is in a wheelchair and deaf. Well she feeds him but that is it, he is in dire need of care because while there it was clear that he is a paranoid skitzod and has it bad. I had a heart to heart talk with the MOM but she was stuck on thinking if she did anything my brother would be in an old style mental hospital like back in Nazi Germany. Needless to say, nothing was done and it was pure hell for me.

so much more but it's a mess.

Time with family, however bad it may seem, is never wasted... Sorry you had the run in with the fuzz... Sounds like they were dicks...

Cocoa Beach, huh? Did you see Major Nelson and Jeanie?...;)

Cocoa Beach, huh? Did you see Major Nelson and Jeanie?...;)
LOL...Long ago before Cocoa Beach was on the map, people would ask me where I'm from...after I told them they were clueless...trying to tell them didn't help until I mentioned I dream of Jeanie.

Yeah, just added stress, I'll work through it and find a solution some how, some way.

I'm so happy to be home....my own bed, my shower....life is good. I actually got a break from the TV and news. I'm just now catching up on all the town hall meetings. WOW! ABOUT TIME!

Forum List

Back