Terry Jones AT IT AGAIN!

There isn't much than CAN be done; Jones failed to get a burn permit however and was cited. I hope those around his remaining church members persuade them to stop assisting this nutcase.

But you know that’s not going to happen – the ignorance and hate of the religious right is all-consuming and blinding; the very purpose of the burnings is to provoke a response from Muslims in the hope of justifying condemnation of Islam.

There isn't much than CAN be done; Jones failed to get a burn permit however and was cited. I hope those around his remaining church members persuade them to stop assisting this nutcase.

But you know that’s not going to happen – the ignorance and hate of the religious right is all-consuming and blinding; the very purpose of the burnings is to provoke a response from Muslims in the hope of justifying condemnation of Islam.

I believe humans can change. I agree with you as to the motivation of Jones, but he might lose support if enough people speak out against his actions.

Last edited:
I don't see Terry Jones burning the koran as free speech rights. Ultimately it is property rights. If Jones had bought a Bible, announced that it was his Bible and he intended to burn it, no one would think anything about it. The significance would be the same as his burning the newly purchased overcoat to protest the snow.

He bought the koran, it belongs to him. He has as much right to burn to koran as he has to burn any other piece of property.

It is his right; he does this and strives for media attention. This is not WISE with the problems we have in Afghanistan, and ongoing US involvement in Iraq.

Was it wise for our troops to piss on the bodies of the Taliban? Was it wise of them to take photos of disemembered suicide bombers? Is it wise of a cartoonist to draw a picture of mohammed with an exploding turban?

The problem that we have in Afghanistan isn't Terry Jones burning the koran, it's a policy of non victory. If we can just get muslims to be bored enough, they will stop fighting. We are not there to win, we are there to wait them out and it is never going to happen. Give up the idea of peace through fighting to a stalemate.

I believe humans can change. I agree with the motivation of Jones, but he might lose support if enough people speak out against his actions.

Which means what, you hate Muslims but are opposed to the burnings because it may endanger US troops deployed in Islamic countries?

And if no US troops were deployed in Islamic countries, you’re be OK with the hate and book burning.

Jones is merely a symptom of a much larger problem: the ignorance and intolerance of the extreme right in general and Christian fundamentalism in particular.

I believe humans can change. I agree with the motivation of Jones, but he might lose support if enough people speak out against his actions.

Which means what, you hate Muslims but are opposed to the burnings because it may endanger US troops deployed in Islamic countries?

And if no US troops were deployed in Islamic countries, you’re be OK with the hate and book burning.

Jones is merely a symptom of a much larger problem: the ignorance and intolerance of the extreme right in general and Christian fundamentalism in particular.

I agreed with your statement as to his motivation.

If only you could remove your hypocrisy and apply that standard to the full equation, you might actually have some credibility. Until you are capable of neutrality, you are totally enabling one side of the equation, while condemning the other side for the same exact behavior, only Terry Jones is not advocating Murder, or Totalitarianism. Imagine that. I think personally, that you are just making up excuses, when it's proven time after time that Islamic Extremism, doesn't even need an excuse to advocate blowing things up and killing people. Keep blaming the Right though, Jack Ass, I'm sure it goes over well both at the Union Hall and Garden Parties.

Though I'm against it, for different reasons, it is a free speech issue. I don't think Anyone should be destroying Religious Artifacts, Books, Shrines, and whatever out of Spite, that holds for when Muslims do it as well. How about you??? How far are you willing to go to appease Muslims feelings, so you can feel safe? Are you willing to give them preferential treatment? Are you willing to Are you willing to let them convert your loved ones? Maybe you should donate to Muslim Causes, to ease the blow?
Why exactly is it okay for Muslims to act like Terry Jones, but not Terry Jones, again? Why is that? Again, I think it is wrong out of principle, with no exception.

Because if some jackasses act like an ass does not justify everyone else acting like an ass.

You are a grown man, you should know the answer to your own question!

Last edited:
Though I'm against it, for different reasons, it is a free speech issue. I don't think Anyone should be destroying Religious Artifacts, Books, Shrines, and whatever out of Spite, that holds for when Muslims do it as well. How about you??? How far are you willing to go to appease Muslims feelings, so you can feel safe? Are you willing to give them preferential treatment? Are you willing to Are you willing to let them convert your loved ones? Maybe you should donate to Muslim Causes, to ease the blow?
Why exactly is it okay for Muslims to act like Terry Jones, but not Terry Jones, again? Why is that? Again, I think it is wrong out of principle, with no exception.

Very good point.

I want US and other foreign nationals SAFE, I have made that point each time I condemn his photo ops. He also failed to get a burn permit, so his FREE SPEECH is qualified. US personnel DIED the last time he pulled this stunt, and that is all it is. He needs to Do something that will help the imprisoned minister, not hurt. You forgot US troops are still in Afghanistan in your rush to accuse ME of wanting to "appease" Muslims. Don't worry, as always, Jones made sure plenty of media was on hand and sent the news.

I think he is stupid and I don't like people burning books of any kind. But the only ones who are responsible for the barbaric crimes committed in the name of Islam are the barbaric Muslim extremists themselves.

I presume you also condemn the ignorance and hate of those who attack Christian symbols?

It was certainly understandable and lawful for the muslims to destroy the Buddhist statues. It will be understandable and lawful for the Egyptian muslims to destroy the pyramids and the heritage of pharonic Egypt. Yet a few picture and books is going to send them into bloodthirsty fury?

Our Military takes a few harmless pictures and the muslims go wild, they rampage and kill one another. We have to be so afraid of muslims, so terrified, that the normal and sensible thing to do is make adjustments for their madness.

If we were serious about fighting creeping islamic domination, we would have a nationwide koran bonfire day. We would have an Everybody Draw Mohammed Day. A young woman did propose an Everybody Draw Mohammed Day, she withdrew that proposal because a stick figure with the words Big Mo over it would incite the muslims to violence. An episode of South Park depicting mohammed disguised as a stuffed bear caused muslim violence and death threats. The way to stop muslims from being incited into violence is victory over them, not accommodation of them.

I actually agree with this to a point. If there's so many pictures of Mohammed all over the place, they'll become desensitized and stop freaking out every time they see one.

If it's against your religion to draw a picture of Mohammed, don't draw one.

Forum List

Back