Terry Jones AT IT AGAIN!

Though I'm against it, for different reasons, it is a free speech issue. I don't think Anyone should be destroying Religious Artifacts, Books, Shrines, and whatever out of Spite, that holds for when Muslims do it as well. How about you??? How far are you willing to go to appease Muslims feelings, so you can feel safe? Are you willing to give them preferential treatment? Are you willing to Are you willing to let them convert your loved ones? Maybe you should donate to Muslim Causes, to ease the blow?
Why exactly is it okay for Muslims to act like Terry Jones, but not Terry Jones, again? Why is that? Again, I think it is wrong out of principle, with no exception.

Though I'm against it, for different reasons, it is a free speech issue. I don't think Anyone should be destroying Religious Artifacts, Books, Shrines, and whatever out of Spite, that holds for when Muslims do it as well. How about you??? How far are you willing to go to appease Muslims feelings, so you can feel safe? Are you willing to give them preferential treatment? Are you willing to Are you willing to let them convert your loved ones? Maybe you should donate to Muslim Causes, to ease the blow?
Why exactly is it okay for Muslims to act like Terry Jones, but not Terry Jones, again? Why is that? Again, I think it is wrong out of principle, with no exception.

I want US and other foreign nationals SAFE, I have made that point each time I condemn his photo ops. He also failed to get a burn permit, so his FREE SPEECH is qualified. US personnel DIED the last time he pulled this stunt, and that is all it is. He needs to Do something that will help the imprisoned minister, not hurt. You forgot US troops are still in Afghanistan in your rush to accuse ME of wanting to "appease" Muslims. Don't worry, as always, Jones made sure plenty of media was on hand and sent the news.

I want US and other foreign nationals SAFE, I have made that point each time I condemn his photo ops. He also failed to get a burn permit, so his FREE SPEECH is qualified. US personnel DIED the last time he pulled this stunt, and that is all it is. He needs to Do something that will help the imprisoned minister, not hurt. You forgot US troops are still in Afghanistan in your rush to accuse ME of wanting to "appease" Muslims. Don't worry, as always, Jones made sure plenty of media was on hand and sent the news.

How many Troops were attacked and Murdered by Extremist Afghan Soldiers since January, before this happened? From the Afghan point of view, if we all denied who we are, and converted to their way of life, they would like us, right? Not like Muslims around the World are killing each other over the subtlest disagreements, I totally see what you mean now. :eusa_whistle: We should also censor news, art, expression, speech, as to not cause offense. It's okay to ignore all of that when confronting Christians, Jews, Buddhists, and Hindu's.

How many Troops were attacked and Murdered by Extremist Afghan Soldiers since January, before this happened? From the Afghan point of view, if we all denied who we are, and converted to their way of life, they would like us, right? Not like Muslims around the World are killing each other over the subtlest disagreements, I totally see what you mean now. :eusa_whistle: We should also censor news, art, expression, speech, as to not cause offense. It's okay to ignore all of that when confronting Christians, Jews, Buddhists, and Hindu's.

No, Jones should concern himself with teaching the Gospel, not making hate "statements" & political outbursts. Media attention is which is what he strives for. He has picketed the small Islamic center in Gainesville also........

It was certainly understandable and lawful for the muslims to destroy the Buddhist statues. It will be understandable and lawful for the Egyptian muslims to destroy the pyramids and the heritage of pharonic Egypt. Yet a few picture and books is going to send them into bloodthirsty fury?

Our Military takes a few harmless pictures and the muslims go wild, they rampage and kill one another. We have to be so afraid of muslims, so terrified, that the normal and sensible thing to do is make adjustments for their madness.

If we were serious about fighting creeping islamic domination, we would have a nationwide koran bonfire day. We would have an Everybody Draw Mohammed Day. A young woman did propose an Everybody Draw Mohammed Day, she withdrew that proposal because a stick figure with the words Big Mo over it would incite the muslims to violence. An episode of South Park depicting mohammed disguised as a stuffed bear caused muslim violence and death threats. The way to stop muslims from being incited into violence is victory over them, not accommodation of them.

It was certainly understandable and lawful for the muslims to destroy the Buddhist statues. It will be understandable and lawful for the Egyptian muslims to destroy the pyramids and the heritage of pharonic Egypt. Yet a few picture and books is going to send them into bloodthirsty fury?

Our Military takes a few harmless pictures and the muslims go wild, they rampage and kill one another. We have to be so afraid of muslims, so terrified, that the normal and sensible thing to do is make adjustments for their madness.

If we were serious about fighting creeping islamic domination, we would have a nationwide koran bonfire day. We would have an Everybody Draw Mohammed Day. A young woman did propose an Everybody Draw Mohammed Day, she withdrew that proposal because a stick figure with the words Big Mo over it would incite the muslims to violence. An episode of South Park depicting mohammed disguised as a stuffed bear caused muslim violence and death threats. The way to stop muslims from being incited into violence is victory over them, not accommodation of them.

This is a "Pastor" in Gainesville Florida that likes to inflame Muslim hate for the US. He is also a follower of Phelps. He burns Korans, and pictures of Mohammed, AFTER he gets the media at his church. He sends reports worldwide...................

This is a "Pastor" in Gainesville Florida that likes to inflame Muslim hate for the US. He is also a follower of Phelps. He burns Korans, and pictures of Mohammed, AFTER he gets the media at his church. He sends reports worldwide...................

Well, he is exercising his rights that this country gives him, and he isn't the only one who commits this act. Why is the media covering this, when they are the ones who are letting this become a mess?

It is indeed a free speech issue.

And Mr Jones will have every right to say, if there are repercussions overseas and a number of Americans die as a result of his actions, that he was exercising his right to free speech, and that he expects the families of the dead to doubtless be proud of the fact that their lives have been sacrificed to protect something so fundamental to democracy as his right to burn the Koran.

He can also say that he did it purely as an expression of free speech, and did not just use free speech as a totem that allowed him to take actions that he knew would put people in harm's way just because he wanted to cause another media sensation.

It is indeed a free speech issue.

And Mr Jones will have every right to say, if there are repercussions overseas and a number of Americans die as a result of his actions, that he was exercising his right to free speech, and that he expects the families of the dead to doubtless be proud of the fact that their lives have been sacrificed to protect something so fundamental to democracy as his right to burn the Koran.

He can also say that he did it purely as an expression of free speech, and did not just use free speech as a totem that allowed him to take actions that he knew would put people in harm's way just because he wanted to cause another media sensation.

He makes sure his expression gets full media coverage, I wish the media would ignore him, but like Phelps, he is "IN YOUR FACE". And, he is a Pastor. His church makes news.

Funny, We had a Bishop from Bangladesh this Morning do the Service. Catholics represent about 1% of the population in his Diocese. There are 12 less of them now because of a recent Terrorist Bombing in one of his Churches. We have a Bangladesh Family in Our Parish, They came here around a year ago with two little girls, they had everything taken from them, including their home. They suffered beatings and Torture, the Husband is partially , yet permanently disabled, from the experience. They are seeking Asylum here. I think with the crowd that is manipulating you to submit to their will, if it's not one thing, it's another, in relating to excuses to do harm to others. If Our Soldiers are at risk, there is something else we are doing wrong. There is more to the equation.

I don't see Terry Jones burning the koran as free speech rights. Ultimately it is property rights. If Jones had bought a Bible, announced that it was his Bible and he intended to burn it, no one would think anything about it. The significance would be the same as his burning the newly purchased overcoat to protest the snow.

He bought the koran, it belongs to him. He has as much right to burn to koran as he has to burn any other piece of property.

Funny, We had a Bishop from Bangladesh this Morning do the Service. Catholics represent about 1% of the population in his Diocese. There are 12 less of them now because of a recent Terrorist Bombing in one of his Churches. We have a Bangladesh Family in Our Parish, They came here around a year ago with two little girls, they had everything taken from them, including their home. They suffered beatings and Torture, the Husband is partially , yet permanently disabled, from the experience. They are seeking Asylum here. I think with the crowd that is manipulating you to submit to their will, if it's not one thing, it's another, in relating to excuses to do harm to others. If Our Soldiers are at risk, there is something else we are doing wrong. There is more to the equation.

Yes, poorly planned wars. But Jones' actions add fuel to the fire.

I don't see Terry Jones burning the koran as free speech rights. Ultimately it is property rights. If Jones had bought a Bible, announced that it was his Bible and he intended to burn it, no one would think anything about it. The significance would be the same as his burning the newly purchased overcoat to protest the snow.

He bought the koran, it belongs to him. He has as much right to burn to koran as he has to burn any other piece of property.

It is his right; he does this and strives for media attention. This is not WISE with the problems we have in Afghanistan, and ongoing US involvement in Iraq.

No, Jones should concern himself with teaching the Gospel, not making hate "statements" & political outbursts. Media attention is which is what he strives for. He has picketed the small Islamic center in Gainesville also........

If he had the Gospel, he would teach it. But he doesnt have it so he doesnt teach it.

The best way to evaluate whether you have been converted to the Gospel is your desire to share it with others. When you feel the joy the Gospel brings, the fruits of the spirit, you cant help but share it with others.

Yes, poorly planned wars. But Jones' actions add fuel to the fire.

You’re obviously entitled to your opinion, but what do you propose be done about it?

There isn't much than CAN be done; Jones failed to get a burn permit however and was cited. I hope those around his remaining church members persuade them to stop assisting this nutcase.

Forum List

Back