*Terry Jones: An American Hero For Truth*

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. Then we are talking past each other.
2. You are discussing the worth of Islam
3. I'm questioning the reasoning behind the deliberate provocation of Islam's adherents.

1. No I hear what your saying perfectly clear.
2. There is a reason Islam is so provoked by the burning of its literature, and its something that goes deep into the mind of Islam.
3. They know that they are all on the path to hell, its rooted in their literature, they read it day in and day out, they can not be totally blinded to this fact, Islams tenants are immoral at its foundation, they know it in their hearts, its the path to destruction, but they get so locked in they fear to leave it, for reprisals, honor killings and the like.
4. Its heart breaking.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Then why provoke them?
2. After all, you are going to get the last laugh.

1. Why has Mr. Jones set their Koran on fire?
2. In reality it shouldn't mean anything, (but Islam isn't in reality is it?), but I think God has put it on Mr. Jones' heart to do this, in order to open up another door for many to escape Islam, which I don't doubt many will find this door.
3. Those who died over this are no doubt in heaven as I write this, according to their faiths of course.
4. No one will be laughing when its to late to be saved, those too late will be just that, too late, the doors shut, its a done deal, the end.
5. I will be happy and sad at the same time, when this worlds temptations end, but knowing that theres a brighter, happier future for everyone who makes it, will make us all happy, when that day comes.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

If Christians truly believe in the teachings of Jesus, why the Crusades, the Inquisition, the European Witch Crazes?
That a great question. At the time these events took place the church was the legitimate authority over society. (remember Galileo) Canon law was enforced and holy wars were fought. The west then entered the age of enlightenment (about 1700A.D.) Reason became the source for legitimacy and authority. I think the church impeded our advancements in science, technology and economy. This age of enlightenment has not happened in the Muslim world. Their church still has the authority. It cannot accept criticism. Ideas like Galileo's force change and the Koran is unchangeable.
The church impeded the advancement of Europe during the middle ages and China left them behind. All the technology present in the middle east is borrowed form the west. Islam has prevented the Muslims advancement and will do so until it no longer is the legitimate authority.

We're actually off-topic here to some degree; but I do have one point I want to make....

So you prefer technology and science to morality and values. Okay. Not all of us are as willing to make that trade. I'd give up my iPhone, this PC, and my automobile to go back to a time when there were actual enforced moral standards in society. Unfortunately we seem to have ignored the idea of even attempting to find a middle ground between the two positions. Obviously you stand on the side of technology and science, whereas I stand on the side of morality and values.

Terry Jones has the right to burn the Quran but he is still an idiot, the Afghans that killed people over it are even bigger retards though.

Forum List

Back