Terrorists, terrorists, terrorists.

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Zhukov, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301

What can one say?

2. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Hopefully, we can say that, regardless of which side the terrorists are on, terror tactics are not welcome in the civilized world, and that if a terrorist does something that coincidentally furthers the US agenda, they are no less guilty than any other terrorist.

3. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    God - Is it terrorism or just the messed up muslims.

On one hand, I think it is great that they want Zarqawi out of thier country while recognizing that he is part of the problem and not the solution. But while condemning his actions, they threaten to kill him apparently without due process and "give him as a gift to their people"?

Then when their new government is attempting to give one idiot his due process (joke in itsefl), the people that are supposed to represent Sadamm during his so called due process are threatened with the same crimes as Saddam is accused of.

It soen't get any screwier than that! And the left would have us negotiate. Yeah - right :rolleyes:

4. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I must say,these Muslims confuse me. Why do they not want Saddam defended? Are they not on his side? Is it because they want to run the country in this way? They make absolutely no sense,but I guess that's why they are terrorists. Maybe they will all get into one huge terrorist fight and blow each other up and the world will be rid of them...be gone !!!

5. posternutbag

posternutbag Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Civilized people drop tons and tons of bombs on people.

6. menewa

menewa Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Most Muslims always disliked Saddam Hussein. He ruled his nation as a secularist and not according to Koranic law like some Muslims want and what all fanatical terrorists Muslims want. But most importantly, he killed tens of thousands of Muslims in Iraq, Kuwait and Iran. Most Muslims dislike Hussein even more than Bush's Cabinet does.

Another major reason Islamic fundamentalists despise Saddam is because of his cozy relationship with the USSR and later with Russia. The USSR was considered an athiest nation. Athiest is a dirty word to fundamentalist Muslims. Also, the USSR and Russia have been brutal to Muslims in Chechnya and in Afghanistan. Terrorists groups such as Al Qaeda view any nation that oppresses Muslims as the enemy and any of their allies are also considered enemies. Needless to say, Saddam oppressed the fuck out of a large Muslim population for decades.

Unfortunately, many in the Muslim world dislike the US and the UN just as much. This is because of Israel/Palestine and because of the sanctions imposed by the UN on Iraq after Gulf War I. These sanctions hurt common Muslims in Iraq much more than they ever hurt Hussein.