'Terrorist state' or not, Israel expected to sell drones to Turkey

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Turkey is expected to receive its first shipment of attack drones from Israel next month, despite the comments by its prime minister during the Gaza offensive that Israel was a terrorist state. Turkey is also expected to receive another shipment of Heron drones from Israel.

According to Turkish sources and reports in the Turkish media, the predominantly Muslim country under Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan is expected to buy drones known as the Harpy. This armed UAV, developed by Elbit and Israel Aerospace Industries, participated in the Gaza offensive and killed Hamas militants.

Turkish Defense Minister Vecdi Gonul was reportedly impressed with the Harpy's performance on his visit to Israel in October. Another factor in Turkey's decision to buy from Israel may be the delay in a final decision by the United States on whether to sell Turkey Predator drones.
Turkey would rather buy the Predator because of its rich combat experience in Iraq and Afghanistan. One Turkish source said the reports about the deal with Israel were leaked to try to persuade the Americans to cut through the red tape and approve the sale.

Turkey and Israel signed a deal for the supply of Heron drones to the tune of $180 million in 2005, but delays and malfunctions in the cameras mounted on the drones pushed back delivery by more than one year.

In December, Turkey received two Heron UAVs, and another three units are expected to be shipped in February. Despite Erdogan's harsh statements about Israel during the Gaza operation, Israeli sources say the two countries still cooperate on security matters.

"The two countries are connected by their defense needs," one Israeli source said. "The Turkish defense establishment is behaving as though there were no diplomatic crisis, and the diplomats are behaving as though there were no military cooperation."

'Terrorist state' or not, Israel expected to sell drones to Turkey - Haaretz - Israel News

When the heck are we going to tell the Palestinians that it doesn't matter if they recognize the right of Israel to exist - the rest of us do...

When the heck are we going to tell Israel that their decades old blockade of Gaza is stupid and childish... (perhaps we should do something with Cuba before tackling this one...)

-Joe

Originally posted by AVG-JOE
When the heck are we going to tell the Palestinians that it doesn't matter if they recognize the right of Israel to exist - the rest of us do...

Palestinians know perfectly well that the jewish racial dictatorship's international reputation is about two or three american skyscrappers away from being hopelessly shattered, Joe, so they couldn't care less about what you think either.

José;1018573 said:

Palestinians know perfectly well that the jewish racial dictatorship's international reputation is about two or three american skyscrappers away from being hopelessly shattered, Joe, so they couldn't care less about what you think either.

Perhaps that is true regarding any 'official' Palestinian position on the subject... I wonder how They, The Palestinian People, feel about the stupidity that describes the shit-storm they live under.

-Joe

José;1018573 said:

Racial dictatorship???? :lol:

In the holiest city of Israel, what languages are there?

0415035122.jpg

Hebrew
Arabic
English

Wait a minute! Why would there be Arabic in Israel if Israel is a racist dictatorship???

One million Arab Israelis who live freely and peacefully with their Jewish neighbors.

Give me a list of Arabic countries that allow Hebrew on their street signs, that allow Jews to serve in their government, that allow all religions the same rights as Muslims have.

Please - Shogun, Sunni Man, any of you anti-zionist nutjobs out there... SOMEONE tell me what Arabic country gives the same rights to Jews as Israel gives to Muslims.

Iran has the second largest Jewish population in the middle east.

These Iranian Jews have full rights under Iranian law and there are even elected Jews in the government.

When enticed with money to leave Iran and emigrate to Israel.

The Iranian Jews flat out said "No"!!

I don't think the Kurds in Iraq will be happy about this news.

hey, it's the Kurd' fault for not being jewish. Now, if they were JEWISH then they would qualify for the "here, enjoy your own nation" program. But, too bad for them, they are not part of the new master race so.. they get the sharp end of a Drone deal.

Originally posted by Shogun
hey, it's the Kurd' fault for not being jewish. Now, if they were JEWISH then they would qualify for the "here, enjoy your own nation" program. But, too bad for them, they are not part of the new master race so.. they get the sharp end of a Drone deal.

So very true.

From the point of view of kurdish nationalism, kurds were dealt a bad hand by History, indeed. Their homeland was divided between the neighbouring countries.

But I don’t care so much about independent states, national self determination, ethnic homelands and things like that.

You see, Catalans, Galicians and Basques are doing quite well in Spain, as Spanish citizens, without independent states. The Spanish state respects their right to express their primary national identities and they don’t suffer any kind of official discrimination.

These two scenarios would be OK with me:

1) – Kurds as citizens of Turkey, Iran, Iraq and Syria with a large degree of autonomy and with all their human, civil, cultural rights fully respected by those countries.

2) – Kurds as citizens of an independent Kurdish state.

As far as the second alternative is concerned, Kurds should be aware of the fact that an independent Kurdistan does not give them the “right” to disenfranchise and discriminate against their ethnic minorities.

There is a world of difference between the right to an independent kurdish state and the “right” to give the “Israeli treatment” to their arab, Persian and Turkish minorities.

Originally posted by DavidS
Racial dictatorship????

Hebrew
Arabic
English

Wait a minute! Why would there be Arabic in Israel if Israel is a racist dictatorship???

One million Arab Israelis who live freely and peacefully with their Jewish neighbors.

Give me a list of Arabic countries that allow Hebrew on their street signs, that allow Jews to serve in their government, that allow all religions the same rights as Muslims have.

Please - Shogun, Sunni Man, any of you anti-zionist nutjobs out there... SOMEONE tell me what Arabic country gives the same rights to Jews as Israel gives to Muslims.

David

There is no fundamental difference between:

A black south african being prevented from leaving Transkei by the South African government in 1975.

AND

A palestinian arab being prevented from leaving Gaza by the israeli government in 2009.

What else can I do or say?

Israel fits the definition of an ethnocratic state (racial dictatorship) perfectly.

This is not "anti-Zionism", bro.

This is pure, unbiased, totally neutral POLITICAL SCIENCE.

I know you don't like what this branch of social sciences has to say about the jewish state, but, hey, don't take out your frustrations on me!!

José;1018741 said:
Racial dictatorship????

Hebrew
Arabic
English

David

A black south african being prevented from leaving Transkei by the South African government in 1975.

AND

A palestinian arab being prevented from leaving Gaza by the israeli government in 2009.

Israel fits the definition of an ethnocratic state (racial dictatorship) perfectly.

I know you don't like what this branch of social sciences has to say about the jewish state, but, hey, don't take out your frustrations on me!!

"Neutral POLITICAL SCIENCE" :lol:

Seriously, I don't know of many Jewish/Israeli people living in Arab states that surround Israel.

The number of Arabs living in Israel does not compare in any way with the number of Jews/Israeli people living in the surrounding Arab states, so if that proves anything then it is because Arabs that surround Israel are more racist then the Israelis themselves. In fact I even think there are more Arabs living in Israel then there are Israelis/Jews living in the Surrounding Arab states all combined.

Last edited:
José;1018741 said:
Racial dictatorship????

Hebrew
Arabic
English

David

AND

"Neutral POLITICAL SCIENCE" :lol:

Seriously, I don't know of many Jewish/Israeli people living in Arab states that surround Israel.

The number of Arabs living in Israel does not compare in any way with the number of Jews/Israeli people living in the surrounding Arab states, so if that proves anything then it is because Arabs that surround Israel are more racist then the Israelis themselves. In fact I even think there are more Arabs living in Israel then there are Israelis/Jews living in the Surrounding Arab states all combined.

When did those surrounding arab states claim to be western democracies? Better yet, IF SOME WARLORD IN AFRICA GETS TO KILL a million civilians does that mean ISRAEL gets to kill 500k arabs? Fuck no. Good grief, what excuse WONT you silly bastards reach for for the sake of the zionist blank check?

José;1018741 said:
Racial dictatorship????

Hebrew
Arabic
English

David

AND

In fact I even think there are more Arabs living in Israel then there are Israelis/Jews living in the Surrounding Arab states all combined.
That's a very silly statement!!

Do you think the Arabs in IsraHell are happy being there and being ruled by the ZioNazis?

Given a choice, they would kick out the Jews and take their country back. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back