terrorism war to neutralize strength of either party

Will we unify in the US to fight terrorism if we are not attacked on our shores again

• we will unify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • we will unify under democratic leadership

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • we will unify under republican leadership

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • we will not unify until the attack is brought to our shores again

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
E

emersonlewis

As it stands now we are getting closer to a loose , loose situation militarily. We have found ourselves being defined as occupiers more and more as we make the effort to appease the militants for the pursuit of peace in Iraq. After the recent offer of amnesty that Al Sadr accepted he demonstrated that he has the upper hand by rejecting these efforts and calling for more violence against iraq and our troops. Also with financing coming from Saddams family in Syria to fund the effort we now have terrorists in another country that we would have to invade to squash them.
The global pressure to not advance into another middle eastern country in our fight against terrorism is one thing that would keep us out but we know that politically we will loose the white house as well should we go into Syria. But if we dont the war effort will remain weak. Either way President Bush finds himself in a Catch 22 situation on the loosing side. Because of this i see Kerry/Edwards winning the whitehouse. But they will find the same situation in their laps. And again if politics rules the day we will not make the necessary fight to fight terrorism UNLESS - And I hate to say this. But does anyone disagree with me that the only thing that will unify us politically in the fight against terrorists is more attacks on our shore?
It is my feeling that Al Queda is smarter than this and that the real war over here wont begin until complacency sets in again and that may not be until the Democrats are back in office.

Welcome Emersonlewis! Interesting poll. A suggestion, place a space between paragraphs, it makes it easier to read.

Good idea for the poll. I think it will take another attack here. As evidenced by some of the posters here, they think the government might be behind 9/11. :rolleyes:

Do you guys remember the few months after 9/11? Remember the patriotism? I think most of it has worn off, more and more people are starting to forget the mourning and vengence in everyone's hearts. Unless another attack comes, we most likely will not unify, unless the media suddenly turned a new corner and started reporting propaganda against terrorism.

Im not saying another attack will be good. Im not saying that at all. But unless another attack comes, I doubt American popular support for the War on Terrorism will come. We will have to find another way to gain support, other than another 9/11. Another attack would be devastating.

Originally posted by Semper Fi
Do you guys remember the few months after 9/11? Remember the patriotism? I think most of it has worn off, more and more people are starting to forget the mourning and vengence in everyone's hearts. Unless another attack comes, we most likely will not unify, unless the media suddenly turned a new corner and started reporting propaganda against terrorism.

Im not saying another attack will be good. Im not saying that at all. But unless another attack comes, I doubt American popular support for the War on Terrorism will come. We will have to find another way to gain support, other than another 9/11. Another attack would be devastating.

Semper Fi, I want to make sure I'm correct, but I believe you are 15 years old? Is that right? Going into Freshman year or rather 9th grade. So you were in 6th grade when 9/11 happened, I believe. What do your classmates think of WOT? Leave yourself out of it, you're not typical. :p:

My son was in Freshman year when it happened. He just graduated. At his graduation ceremony the Valedictorian spoke of friendshops and aspirations, but the central factor was their lives had changed at the beginning of high school. 2 students were off to military academies and won standing ovations. The speaker is a very good friend of my son, as his mother is mine. She is very liberal, as is his father.

He'll be off to Stanford, but last summer at a leadership conference he attended there, he came home and announced to his parents that he thought they were wrong. The WOT must be dealt with. My son is 'liberal' though perhaps more just to tick me off, though he is ignored! :D I would hear him and John arguing about Bush and lack of UN involvement. John won! LOL not a nice mom. I'm pretty sure my son too was won over, though he wouldn't admit it to me. They were always debating in school and out. Derek, my son is smart, but too quick to try and end, John is more patient and usually would win.

I wonder, do your classmates relate to those that were a bit older or do they seem to have forgotten? The kids I teach are quite aware, but I'm unsure if it's 'normal' or because of my teaching current events daily within their curriculum?

There is no doubt in my mind, if the voices heard are my generation and that immediately behind me, it will take another attack. But if the kids coming out of college and high school, really see what is going on, new paradigms will be created.

Yeah, Im 14 going into 9th. None of my 'friends' disaprove of the WOT. They, as I, believe that we should take out the threats of global security. Most people in my school silently agree with the WOT, but rather hate Bush and the Iraq War. Im sure you've heard the reasons why they dont like Bush, being at a school and all. Im certain that no one has 'forgotten' about 9/11, who could forget that? But the patriotism and love of America has clearly worn off. Also, people of my age get the War in Iraq and the War on Terrorism confused as the same thing. They really arent, though they are tied together in some ways.

It is true that once people realize the reality of terrorism, they will back it 100%. However, I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. Everyone here treats the Lower 48 as if it were another country. I can understand its hard to feel the effects of an event several thousand miles away. But as a whole, yes, most of my classmates agree that global security is something worth fighting for.

Thanks. That's pretty much the same thing I'm finding with my students. They get this whole thing, viscerally I guess, better than their parents.

wow, I wouldnt have guessed that. The problem, I see, is that kids my age dont watch the news. INstead they hear about things. They overhear stuff about Bush telling the soldiers to abuse the Iraqis and junk thats obviously not true. We are becoming robots of negative liberal propaganda. Or any propaganda for that matter, not necessarily liberal.

Will we unify in the US to fight terrorism if we are not attacked on our shores again
we will unify
we will unify under democratic leadership
we will unify under republican leadership
we will not unify until the attack is brought to our shores again

How about the fact that unification should be a citizen and not a political act|?

It WAS in the hours following 9/11.

As soon as Bush started making statements, it became political.

It goes a million different directions at that point.

-However: You take all Americans within 6 hours of the event(s), and I bet you have no trouble gaining recruits willing to ARM THEMSELVES and fight terrorism.

Constitutionally, if done under direction of a government marshal of sorts, this is called a militia.

This serves as a prime example of how jacked up things get when you let politicians steer the boat instead of citizens.

At this point, I don't even think 1 or 2 major attacks on US soil are going to "unify" the country. I fear that the population in general has grown too complacent and too quick to go search for someone to blame. (Bush is the current whipping boy). Look at the absolute insanity of the far left in this country. Bit by bit they are tearing the fabric of this country apart. Couple this with the silent invasion of a fifth column (Islamofasicists) and we are heading down the shitter.

Something will spark a major revolt in this country between those of us who care and those who think we should be at the altar of the UN/NWO giving thanks that they would let us exist.

Don't know what that event will be, but we'll know when it happens........hopefully there will be something left to save.

Forum List

Back