Terrorism: The American History

Don't call it barbaric, call it primitive if you wish. Make it sound anthropologically unbiased or whatever the hell you want.

fabb1963 said:
Maybe I am being misinterpreted here. I don't support the type of irresponsible governments that you have mentioned and I do agree that most of the rioters are mere pawns in their game of PR. However, I have stated that tolerance and education would go along way to take away the power of those governments that prey on the weak, the poor and the uneducated as they use them as tools for their own deeds. Does that make my point clearer?

No. How does tolerance promotion stop them being intolerant of the rights to free expression of others who are not islamic? They must be made to understand that not everyone is islamic and is therefore not subject to the rules of islam. They can depict mohammed. They can eat pork. They can worship jesus. They can say publicly that Allah is an impostor god and is more like what we would call a demon.

Does Tolerance for Islam mean abridging our own rights to free speech and expression? Tastelessness is one thing. legality is another.

fabb1963 said:
Maybe I am being misinterpreted here. I don't support the type of irresponsible governments that you have mentioned and I do agree that most of the rioters are mere pawns in their game of PR. However, I have stated that tolerance and education would go along way to take away the power of those governments that prey on the weak, the poor and the uneducated as they use them as tools for their own deeds. Does that make my point clearer?

Exactly where and how do yu suggest that we institute "tolerance and education"? Give us some examples.

"Tolerance and education" certainly hasn't been needed either in the U.S. or Europe - Muslims have been welcome for decades. Can't say that about Christians in the ME. Or are you suggesting....that we Westerners become even more "tolerant and educated" than we already are.... to the point where we become appeasers of violence. (altho that does seem to be Europe's cowardly tactic)

fabb1963 said:
I think you may be underestimating the fervor of religious zeal.

Anyway, the US cannot afford to wait quietly to see if the uneducated populace can be rehabilitated. We were bombed. Al Qaeda declared war on us. In order to ensure our own safety, we must engage in war before we have the opportunity to reeducate the ignorant hordes.

mom4 said:
I think you may be underestimating the fervor of religious zeal.

Anyway, the US cannot afford to wait quietly to see if the uneducated populace can be rehabilitated. We were bombed. Al Qaeda declared war on us. In order to ensure our own safety, we must engage in war before we have the opportunity to reeducate the ignorant hordes.
You could add that those to be educaed have to want to be educated. I have yet to see any Islamic fanatic express that desire (but I may have missed that tape from UBL).

CSM said:
You could add that those to be educaed have to want to be educated. I have yet to see any Islamic fanatic express that desire (but I may have missed that tape from UBL).
That was what I meant by the first line I wrote. Sorry. You made the point much more clearly.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM

Forum List

Back