Terrorism: The American History

rtwngAvngr said:
He believes global communism will make "everyone equal" and there simply will be no unhappy minorities wanting change. We will all love big brother.

That would be taking the case to extremes, but global communism is not the answer either. However, one culture living in wealth while another suffers in poverty goes along way to provoking hatred. Include a helping of supporting governments that keep their citizens in oppression because you need their natural resources and/or strategic location for military bases and you have successfully planted the first seeds of terrorism.

rtwngAvngr said:
He believes global communism will make "everyone equal" and there simply will be no unhappy minorities wanting change. We will all love big brother.

Institutionalist. Rules are good. I prefer international anarchy myself - your only as good as your might and your allies. :)

fabb1963 said:
That would be taking the case to extremes, but global communism is not the answer either. However, one culture living in wealth while another suffers in poverty goes along way to provoking hatred. Include a helping of supporting governments that keep their citizens in oppression because you need their natural resources and/or strategic location for military bases and you have successfully planted the first seeds of terrorism.

Like Saudi Arabia.

I think the Sa'ad family needs to answer to their own populace for their actions. There is no reason for any disparties or foreign infrastructure in that country. Oil revenue has not been invested properly in order to benefit their society as a whole, creating resource dependency.

Said1 said:
Like Saudi Arabia.

I think the Sa'ad family needs to answer to their own populace for their actions. There is no reason for any disparties or foreign infrastructure in that country. Oil revenue has not been invested properly in order to benefit their society as a whole, creating resource dependency.

I always assumed the Sa'ads just bribed any opposing populace. Then the oppostion are the ones making poor financial decisions. No ?

You know, Fabb is right being understanding and tolerance will go along way and help. After all Hitler really wasn't that bad, just think while he was gasing and burning people alive if we had been more understanding and tolerant things would have been much better.

MtnBiker said:
You know, Fabb is right being understanding and tolerance will go along way and help. After all Hitler really wasn't that bad, just think while he was gasing and burning people alive if we had been more understanding and tolerant things would have been much better.
Well he did like dogs and he was a vegetarian, those things should count for something, no? :laugh:

fabb1963 said:

Yeah.They're poor because of tyranny and a lack of economic opportunity. We made the mistake of supporting dictators in the past. Now we're toppling them and instituting freedom and you still have a problem.

Said1 said:
Institutionalist. Rules are good. I prefer international anarchy myself - your only as good as your might and your allies. :)

Damn straight! The coalition of the M'F'ing willing, a mighty brute, rationally committed to the inherent strength of individual freedom. This is the next quantum change for humanity. A point to point network of equal and redundant nodes, not the hierarchical ego trip lefties want.

rtwngAvngr said:
Damn straight! The coalition of the M'F'ing willing, a mighty brute, rationally committed to the inherent strength of individual freedom. This is the next quantum change for humanity. A point to point network of equal and redundant nodes, not the hierarchical ego trip lefties want.

The UN is an example of Institutionalism at is finest. Total failure. I wonder what happened?

Oh well, back to shoes.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yeah.They're poor because of tyranny and a lack of economic opportunity. We made the mistake of supporting dictators in the past. Now we're toppling them and instituting freedom and you still have a problem.

Are we instituting freedom? That is still to be determined. When will we topple the government of Saudi Arabia?

fabb1963 said:
Are we instituting freedom? That is still to be determined. When will we topple the government of Saudi Arabia?
One goat at a time.

We just need to save the BS comparison here.

American colonists were fighting to free themselves from an oppresive monarchy. There was no war -- military aggression -- until the Brits drew first blood.

Islamic fundamentalists on the other hand are trying to subjugate the entire species by murdering anyone not bowing to their whims.

I don't see the correlation.

MtnBiker said:

Hitler was many things...mostly negative...but I have yet to hear him be accused of being a terrorist. Kind of like comparing apples and oranges.

Somehow, it is engraved that the mind of the Islamics is to kill without cause as they force their beliefs on the world. Isn't US foreign policy kind of similar, except maybe with less bloodshed? I would recommend the book "Ghost Wars" to truly understand how wonderful the American government is to the world.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0143034669/qid=1140544858/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-5479868-2008902?s=books&v=glance&n=283155[/ame]

Forum List

Back