Terrorism fear fading-Bad for McCain

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Poll: Terrorism fears are fading - CNN.com

This cannot be good for McCain who trumpets his national security credentials. By the time November gets here oil will be over $150 a barrel. Its the Economy again! It is going to be hard for the GOP to play the fear card again this year.

This cannot be good for McCain who trumpets his national security credentials. By the time November gets here oil will be over $150 a barrel. Its the Economy again! It is going to be hard for the GOP to play the fear card again this year.

I'm sure that his position on drilling and Obama's position against drilling is going to bad for him as well. Considering over 60 percent of the population favor drilling in the US.

What does it say about a nation when fear controls the actions of so many, especially since we have had few attacks. If we were Ireland, Britain, or Israel god help us.

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." Hermann Goering

What does it say about a nation when fear controls the actions of so many, especially since we have had few attacks. If we were Ireland, Britain, or Israel god help us.

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." Hermann Goering

Yes and if the President doesn't act on a threat to the nation, masses die. While war is never good, it is necessary at times to protect our security and freedoms.

Everybody fears something. What fear card is Obama playing? Oh yeah ... the fear of "4 more years."

Like he's any better.:eusa_hand:

I always chuckle when I read a lefty opining on the "fear card".

Dumbocrat pary lines:
"Hey old people, Republicans are going to take away your social securirty, Medcaire and various other government freebies"

"Hey women, rupublicans are going to steal your right to kill unborn children, er, your freedom of choice regarding your body. Then they are going to roll back civil rights legslation and stop the government for giving you freebies"

"Hey minorites, except for you yucky Asians that are not dumb enough to block vote for us, the republicans are going to roll back civil rights and steal all the goverment freebies we give to you."

Pictures are worth a thousand words!:eusa_whistle:

Attachments

• $bush-mccain-hug.jpg
    $bush-mccain-hug.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 116
I always chuckle when I read a lefty opining on the "fear card".

Dumbocrat pary lines:
"Hey old people, Republicans are going to take away your social securirty, Medcaire and various other government freebies"

"Hey women, rupublicans are going to steal your right to kill unborn children, er, your freedom of choice regarding your body. Then they are going to roll back civil rights legslation and stop the government for giving you freebies"

"Hey minorites, except for you yucky Asians that are not dumb enough to block vote for us, the republicans are going to roll back civil rights and steal all the goverment freebies we give to you."

Yeah, and I always "chuckle" when I see the fear in the republicans because they realize Obama is going to be their next president.

If I have to read one more spam email the right wing love to post....geez, it got old 3 months ago, and it's the same Bull Shit over and over and over......

I almost pissed myself, when I first saw this picture, I think John is being saved or healed by Benny Hinn! Or they are about to have some really hot gay sex after the after glow!:eusa_whistle:

Vote for Obama, is a vote for???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGeu_4Ekx-o]YouTube - Obama campaign rep STUMPED on legislative accomplishments[/ame]

Terrorism fear waned after the first WTC bombing happened too... and we had Bubba re-elected, who did nothing...

waning fear is false complacency... with the terrorist ilk still out there, electing a Prez who is soft will only come to bite us in the ass as it has been shown before

Not as big a McCain guy as I was in 2000... but I will still vote for him over No-bama

100 years in Iraq!

We need a draft so all Americans can share in the idiocy of the current war mongers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5btZWbViPA]YouTube - Country Joe McDonald - I Feel Like (Woodstock 1969)[/ame]

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

both are cfr controlled minions ..its all the same corporation ...just two different marketing styles forwarding the very same nwo agenda...

Well put.

Their battle for control is real enough, but that's about as far as their differences go as it regards anything that really matters.

Not sure what cfr, refers to, though, eots.

Want to give me the 411 on that?

Forum List

Back