Terrorism equals a WAR forever

Psychoblues said:
So you think of me "probably" as an idiot or a troll, Kathianne?

I've shown you both deserved and undeserved respect in the past, Kathianne. You've revealed your attitude towards me. The "undeserved" part of respect is history. Let's continue on with facts and forget the fiction, how about it?

Psychoblues

If you would ever post any facts. All you ever post is your own personal opinion and lies.

Psychoblues said:
So you think of me "probably" as an idiot or a troll, Kathianne?

I've shown you both deserved and undeserved respect in the past, Kathianne. You've revealed your attitude towards me. The "undeserved" part of respect is history. Let's continue on with facts and forget the fiction, how about it?

Psychoblues

You are both. And you have shown respect for no one. The only thing your respect is your moronic political ideology.

But I want to SEE this continuing on with facts. I assume this means you won't be posting anymore?

I've shown respect for almost everyone on this board including you, gunnyl. Here is a fact for you. You accuse me of using my military experience as some sort of credibility factor. I've mentioned it rarely. Check my over 1,000 posts. You, on the other hand, display both your military experience and your pissy ass rank each time you post. Others here have noticed that as well. Although I appreciate your mutual service, I am not impressed with your understanding of American ideals and aspirations.

Psychoblues

GunnyL said:
You are both. And you have shown respect for no one. The only thing your respect is your moronic political ideology.

But I want to SEE this continuing on with facts. I assume this means you won't be posting anymore?

Psychoblues said:
You accuse me of using my military experience as some sort of credibility factor. I've mentioned it rarely.

Psychoblues

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :))

Psychoblues said:
You accuse me of using my military experience as some sort of credibility factor. I've mentioned it rarely. Check my over 1,000 posts.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING DRUNK ASS MIND????????????????????????

You have mentioned and repeated that lie every single chance you've gotten since day 1 here, you may be able to pass that " I rarely mention it" shit on newbies but many of us know you way better than that. Please do not clutter the board up with outrageously false statements.

Psychoblues said:
Laugh out loud, LoverPgirl. You make me laugh out loud as well. But, I still ain't diggin' what you offer.

Psychoblues

mention it rarely???

bwhahahhahahahha,

I can dig it

Psychoblues said:
I've shown respect for almost everyone on this board including you, gunnyl. Here is a fact for you. You accuse me of using my military experience as some sort of credibility factor. I've mentioned it rarely. Check my over 1,000 posts. You, on the other hand, display both your military experience and your pissy ass rank each time you post. Others here have noticed that as well. Although I appreciate your mutual service, I am not impressed with your understanding of American ideals and aspirations.

Psychoblues

Tsk tsk ....such continuing hostility toward my avatar. Jealous, huh? You're damned right I am a Marine and damned proud of it.

The difference in your lying little diatribes (AS IF this were the first) is my avatar and my service are what they are. You bring them up more than I do with your player-hating BS. I don't try to live off my laurels as you do.

If you and others don't like it, tough shit. Come take it off my shirt.

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

Pissy ass rank?/ hmmmm wonder if you have the pissy ass balls to say that to a marines face?

Uh, dude, chill man, uh, wearing ones uniform with patches attatched is much different than going around blabbing about how you saved the world with your heroics in the Civil war, WWl , WWll and the Gulf war.

LuvRPgrl said:
Pissy ass rank?/ hmmmm wonder if you have the pissy ass balls to say that to a marines face?

Uh, dude, chill man, uh, wearing ones uniform with patches attatched is much different than going around blabbing about how you saved the world with your heroics in the Civil war, WWl , WWll and the Gulf war.

Actually, I do and have. I am not impressed with rank, stature or political leaning, loverPgirl. I state fact and I expect the same. Pissy ass name calling is just that, pissy ass name calling. Where do you get all that Civil War, WWI and WWII crap? It didn't come from me. Maybe it's just another of your delusions?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
Actually, I do and have. I am not impressed with rank, stature or political leaning, loverPgirl. I state fact and I expect the same. Pissy ass name calling is just that, pissy ass name calling. Where do you get all that Civil War, WWI and WWII crap? It didn't come from me. Maybe it's just another of your delusions?

Psychoblues

I have YET to see you post even ONE supportable fact. And the only balls you have come from hiding behind a computer screen. If you talked the shit in real life you do on this board you would long ago have been institutionalized.

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

Just feeding you the same shit you pan out ol friend. Not one thing you say is supported by any facts. You state pissy ass opinions, not original, not true, and not supported by anything but delusional thinking such as your pissy ass brain is capable of.

Bullypulpit said:
What proof have you of this assertion?

And, of course, there's the religious right in this country in seach of a 'Christian world' without borders.

since Im back at this thread, and this may have already been responded to with what Im gonna say,,,but the difference between the two is Chrisitians wish to convert via peaceful means, and Christian missionaries feed, clothe and educate WORLDWIDE, whereas the Islamists say, convert or die.

I know many Islamists. I've never heard a single one of them even intimate such a thought. But I have heard Ann Coulter, an average conservative, speak exactly wht you accuse the Islamists. In fact, I believe her aspirations and opinions are bearing fruit. I only wish it wasn't so.

Psychoblues

LuvRPgrl said:
since Im back at this thread, and this may have already been responded to with what Im gonna say,,,but the difference between the two is Chrisitians wish to convert via peaceful means, and Christian missionaries feed, clothe and educate WORLDWIDE, whereas the Islamists say, convert or die.

Does anybody remember what happened in the late 18th century when a powerful military tried to fight a conventional war against an unconventional enemy? Does anybody remember the embarrassing lesson they learned? Of course not, none of us were there to remember it. But I'm sure you've heard about it. It was called the American Revolution. The mighty British army got its ass kicked by those upstart Colonists who refused to fight them in the manner in which everybody knows wars are supposed to be fought.

Now, we're the British. And unless somebody in a position to do something about it finally figures out that you can't fight an enduring war against terrorism with the military being the primary force, then I fear we're going to learn a similarly painful lesson.

Armies are good at fighting enemies they can see. They're marginally effective at killing unconventional insurgents one at a time. But when you're dealing with thousands upon thousands of terrorists, positioned all over the globe, most of them unseen and unknown, killing off a few here and there one at a time isn't going to get the job done.

And it probably isn't going to be cost effective to try to use the intelligence agencies to root out each and every one of those thousands upon thousands of unseen and unknown terrorists positioned around the globe waiting for the right time to step from the shadows.

In my opinion, the best way to fight the war on terrorism is to find out what the conditions are that foment terrorism in the first place, and find a way to address those conditions directly.

There are two political strategies that unequivocally will not work:

1. Bend over backwards and give in to every terrorist demand. That will only embolden the terrorists, thinking that they can get away with anything, and we don't want to go there.

2. "We will not negotiate with terrorists." Hard-line stubborness won't put them off, especially when the combination of our stubbornness and intrusive foreign policy is one of the conditions that foments terrorism.

They're going to have to find a way to compromise when it is necessary, but still be able to play hardball when that's the right way to go.

Nightwish said:
The mighty British army got its ass kicked by those upstart Colonists who refused to fight them in the manner in which everybody knows wars are supposed to be fought.

Are you comparing the Revolutionary American Army and Militia with today's Iraqi terrorist insurgents?

MtnBiker said:
Are you comparing the Revolutionary American Army and Militia with today's Iraqi terrorist insurgents?
Only on the dimension that both are (were) in plentiful supply, and both fight in unconventional ways that give conventional military strategists fits.

I don't know if you've ever watched the Mel Gibson movie "The Patriot," but you should. Then transpose that situation on the current situation, with us in the role of the Brits, and you'll get an idea of what our forces are up against.

I have more faith in our current military to confront unconventional tatics as compared to a Hollywood's version of the British army during the Revolutionary war.

MtnBiker said:
I have more faith in our current military to confront unconventional tatics as compared to a Hollywood's version of the British army during the Revolutionary war.
If you think that treating terrorism as a military problem is the best way to go, then you're probably part of the problem. Too damn many people sleeping in this country.

Nightwish said:
Does anybody remember what happened in the late 18th century when a powerful military tried to fight a conventional war against an unconventional enemy? Does anybody remember the embarrassing lesson they learned? Of course not, none of us were there to remember it. But I'm sure you've heard about it. It was called the American Revolution. The mighty British army got its ass kicked by those upstart Colonists who refused to fight them in the manner in which everybody knows wars are supposed to be fought.

Now, we're the British. And unless somebody in a position to do something about it finally figures out that you can't fight an enduring war against terrorism with the military being the primary force, then I fear we're going to learn a similarly painful lesson.

Armies are good at fighting enemies they can see. They're marginally effective at killing unconventional insurgents one at a time. But when you're dealing with thousands upon thousands of terrorists, positioned all over the globe, most of them unseen and unknown, killing off a few here and there one at a time isn't going to get the job done.

And it probably isn't going to be cost effective to try to use the intelligence agencies to root out each and every one of those thousands upon thousands of unseen and unknown terrorists positioned around the globe waiting for the right time to step from the shadows.

In my opinion, the best way to fight the war on terrorism is to find out what the conditions are that foment terrorism in the first place, and find a way to address those conditions directly.

There are two political strategies that unequivocally will not work:

1. Bend over backwards and give in to every terrorist demand. That will only embolden the terrorists, thinking that they can get away with anything, and we don't want to go there.

2. "We will not negotiate with terrorists." Hard-line stubborness won't put them off, especially when the combination of our stubbornness and intrusive foreign policy is one of the conditions that foments terrorism.

They're going to have to find a way to compromise when it is necessary, but still be able to play hardball when that's the right way to go.

Yea, its real simple to negotiate with them. If we all convert to Islam, they will be happy. Otherwise, forget it.

And you cant even begin to compare the arrogant British to our Marines, and Army, Navy and Air Force. Besides of which the colonists wound up getting the support of the French, a world class power at that time, what world class power is helping the terrorists? Clue: NONE

Forum List

Back