Terror Goals...

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Back in the fall of 2001, Osama bin Laden said that one of his goals was to bankrupt the American Taxpayers?

What do you guys think... Mission Accomplished?

-Joe

Back in the fall of 2001, Osama bin Laden said that one of his goals was to bankrupt the American Taxpayers?

-Joe

ou mean since this financial crisis has been in the making since the 70s? I'd say you're stretching it about as far as you can to be a partisan hack.

Yes, but let's not make a big deal out of it.

After all, he had help from the Fed.

-Joe
It may well be. This morning the news came out that Congress plans to act together, for a change, to approve the Fed's plan to have we, the people take on the bad assets of the financial industry.

Where does this money come from? Thanks to our misguided war in Iraq we are heavily in debt already.

History started in November of 2000 for you people, didn't it?
Not at all. Do you have some information that I don't?

One of bin laden's stated goals was to bankrupt us. Attacking Iraq put us under enormous debt. The financial crisis would be easier to suck up if we weren't already in bad shape, don't you think?

One of bin laden's stated goals was to bankrupt us. Attacking Iraq put us under enormous debt. The financial crisis would be easier to suck up if we weren't already in bad shape, don't you think?

You got it wrong. It wasn't Bin Ladin. It was the Russians. We were in the Cold War for 30-40 years. They had every reason to bankrupt us. As for Bin Ladin, his ultimate goal was to take back the homeland from foreign invaders.

You got it wrong. It wasn't Bin Ladin. It was the Russians. We were in the Cold War for 30-40 years. They had every reason to bankrupt us. As for Bin Ladin, his ultimate goal was to take back the homeland from foreign invaders.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't America have at least one balanced budget year after the cold war was declared over?

Our books may not have been perfect when W took over in 2000 but neither were we this deep in the shitter.

-Joe

Osama bin Laden founded Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac? I must have missed that in the 9/11 Report.

Last edited:

OK. I'm going to accept your premise: OBL wants to bankrupt the US (as opposed to hit us and make the dissenters squeal like little bitches and negotiate away our rights as a soveriegn nation) so the US invades Iraq and thus plays right into his hands.

How did OBL trick us into invading Iraq?

How could OBL be sure the US would spend enough money to go bankrupt as the military only acccount for 15 to 20 percent of the federal budget?

How does a protracted occupation of Arab land with the US gushing hundreds of billions of dollars reconstructing infrastructure neglected for 12 years of sanctions aid the AQ propaganda cause?

What sort of financial burden does sustaining operations in Iraq create for AQ?

Is AQ losing technical and operational leadership faster than the US is losing its monetary ability to wage war?

These are the questions adults ask.

OK. I'm going to accept your premise: OBL wants to bankrupt the US (as opposed to hit us and make the dissenters squeal like little bitches and negotiate away our rights as a soveriegn nation) so the US invades Iraq and thus plays right into his hands.

How could OBL be sure the US would spend enough money to go bankrupt as the military only acccount for 15 to 20 percent of the federal budget?

How does a protracted occupation of Arab land with the US gushing hundreds of billions of dollars reconstructing infrastructure neglected for 12 years of sanctions aid the AQ propaganda cause?

Is AQ losing technical and operational leadership faster than the US is losing its monetary ability to wage war?

These are the questions adults ask.

He didn't.

How could OBL be sure the US would spend enough money to go bankrupt as the military only acccount for 15 to 20 percent of the federal budget

He wasn't.

The coalition removed a pan-Arab administration. It was a secular administration. It has been replaced by a Shi''te administration that is perceived as corrupt and ministering to the coalition and private international oil interests.

About the same as the Viet Cong in South Vietnam.

No.

Those are the sort of questions adults answer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't America have at least one balanced budget year after the cold war was declared over?

Our books may not have been perfect when W took over in 2000 but neither were we this deep in the shitter.

-Joe

Your argument is bull. What does the Federal government have to do with the free market? Aside from meddling where it shouldn't?

Unscrupulous lenders and stupid buyers created this mess. The government isn't here to bail either one out, and any government bailout will just ultimately result in the further socialization of this Nation.

Unfortunately, the government has bandaided the economy so much that it's gotten to the point where it has no choice but intervene.

But hey, I'd like the Fed to bail me out of my mortgage too. I want to own my house and not pay for it.

-Joe

Which explains terrorist support for lefty politicians.

Forum List

Back