terror advisory for va hospitals

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
but the fbi and dhs has no credible evidence of this? :wtf:

In their weekly bulletin to law enforcement, the two agencies note that there have been reports of suspicious activity concerning U.S. military medical facilities, including ones in 2004 of possible reconnaissance activities in Bethesda, Maryland, and Aurora, Colorado.

The bulletin says, "Although investigations of these incidents have revealed no links to terrorist activity, law enforcement and security personnel should be alert to indicators of similar surveillance activities of VA hospitals and other facilities."

In conclusion, the bulletin says, "The DHS and FBI stress they are currently unaware of any credible information indicating a specific terrorist threat to VA hospitals in the United States."

Officials emphasize the advisory has been in draft form for some time and is not based on any new information. They note there are no recommendations for protective measures. They also stress there are many reports that come in daily about "suspicious activity."

news article

nick.gif

They want people to be somewhere between vigilant and panicked. I guess to avoid "manipulating the public for political gain" Kerry will ignore possible terrorist concerns. Yeah, that'll be better. :usa:

I posted this when it first broke last week. (LINK)

From what I have gathered, the threat came from overseas when it was learned that hospitals in Iraq were targets. It might be nothing more than officials saying, "wow, we almost forgot the VA hospitals". More than likely hospitals were not considered, but now they are. Makes sense as the terrorists have proven they don't care WHO they kill as long as they kill.

Forum List

Back