Terri Schiavo's Husband: Jeb Bush 'Put Me Through Hell'

rev_schiavo.jpg

CLEARWATER, Fla.—Sitting recently on his brick back patio here, Michael Schiavo called Jeb Bush a vindictive, untrustworthy coward.

For years, the self-described “average Joe” felt harassed, targeted and tormented by the most important person in the state.

“It was a living hell,” he said, “and I blame him.”

Michael Schiavo was the husband of Terri Schiavo, the brain-dead woman from the Tampa Bay area who ended up at the center of one of the most contentious, drawn-out conflicts in the history of America’s culture wars. The fight over her death lasted almost a decade. It started as a private legal back-and-forth between her husband and her parents. Before it ended, it moved from circuit courts to district courts to state courts to federal courts, to the U.S. Supreme Court, from the state legislature in Tallahassee to Congress in Washington. The president got involved. So did the pope.

But it never would have become what it became if not for the dogged intervention of the governor of Florida at the time, the second son of the 41st president, the younger brother of the 43rd, the man who sits near the top of the extended early list of likely 2016 Republican presidential candidates. On sustained, concentrated display, seen in thousands of pages of court records and hundreds of emails he sent, was Jeb the converted Catholic, Jeb the pro-life conservative, Jeb the hands-on workaholic, Jeb the all-hours emailer—confident, competitive, powerful, obstinate Jeb. Longtime watchers of John Ellis Bush say what he did throughout the Terri Schiavo case demonstrates how he would operate in the Oval Office. They say it’s the Jebbest thing Jeb’s ever done.

The case showed he “will pursue whatever he thinks is right, virtually forever,” said Aubrey Jewett, a political science professor at the University of Central Florida. “It’s a theme of Jeb’s governorship: He really pushed executive power to the limits.”

Read more: Jeb Put Me Through Hell - POLITICO Magazine

I remember this case very well. It was supreme government overreach by Governor Bush and President Bush.
He was a greedy liberal, he wanted her to die to collect the insurance money

Who?
WHo the fuck cares?
The only--ONLY--reason you give a shit is because with Mitt out Jeb looks like the RINO choice, so you have to dig up some shit about some woman from 20 years ago that no one, including you, really give a fuck about. Using other people's tragedies for your advatnage. Yup, you're a lib.
Cocksucker.

Actually, I do give a fuck. The Terri Schiavo case was a royal clusterfuck by GOP NaziCons. It was disgusting!

I didn't follow that case. I think it was Republicans wanted to kill her and Democrats didn't want to kill her. Did I get that right? Killing her would absolutely disgust me

It had nothing to do with democrats. The politicians who got involved were all republicans.

Terri Schiavo was a woman who ended up brain dead. The husband wanted to follow his wife's wishes. To turn off the machines and remove the feeding tube.

The parents didn't want that so they took him to court. The parents kept losing in court. I don't know how jeb bush got involved but I do remember senator bill frist who was a former doctor who diagnosed Terri Schiavo from watching a video of her. No examination of any sort. This senator is a republican. The rest of the republicans in congress passed a bill to not remove that feeding tube and the bush boy signed it.

It went before the supreme court and again, the parents lost and the husband won.

When they finally removed the feeding tube and she was finally allowed to be at rest, there was an autopsy done.

Turns out most of what her parents, jeb bush, bill frist and other republicans were saying was all lies.

The autopsy showed that she was blind and her brain was so deteriorated that it was liquifying.

She was a dead woman forced to stay on a feeding tube while the rest of her body was decomposing.

This is what happens when republicans force their big government nanny on the rest of us.
Jon Stewart on Terri Schiavo: "If you want to know just how sick you have to get before Congress is willing to do something about health care, well, now you know."
And that "healthcare" she got was being starved to death. The government is going to fix that right?
Nope. That opened the door for more starving patients with brain injuries and denying treatment.

Liberals love to kill their own and protect terrorist for some reason, I don't even get.

...he wanted her to die to collect the insurance money

Could you share with us on this insurance money was? Who held the policy? What was the value of the policy? How does it compare with - what - 15 years or so of constant medical care and the legal fees for the lawyers?

>>>>

OP identifies with brain-dead people..........jus' sayin.......
Who?
WHo the fuck cares?
The only--ONLY--reason you give a shit is because with Mitt out Jeb looks like the RINO choice, so you have to dig up some shit about some woman from 20 years ago that no one, including you, really give a fuck about. Using other people's tragedies for your advatnage. Yup, you're a lib.
Cocksucker.

Actually, I do give a fuck. The Terri Schiavo case was a royal clusterfuck by GOP NaziCons. It was disgusting!

I didn't follow that case. I think it was Republicans wanted to kill her and Democrats didn't want to kill her. Did I get that right? Killing her would absolutely disgust me
No it was a Scientology cult scam.

Clearwater is controlled by the cult.

This case was even worse than the Lisa McPhereson case. Terri Schiavo had dozens of broken bones and they took her to California and put an electrode in her brain. That's some evil crazy shit.

Could you share with us on this insurance money was? Who held the policy? What was the value of the policy? How does it compare with - what - 15 years or so of constant medical care and the legal fees for the lawyers?

>>>>
He blew it on legal fees another dumb ass liberal who cherish death over life, all he had to do is let the medical bills pile up and file for bankruptcy

Liberals love to kill their own and protect terrorist for some reason, I don't even get.
You don't 'get it' because both accusations are lies and untrue.
Huh? What? Is this a serious post? Of course liberals love death, hell they Killied what 50 million babys since Roe vs. Wade . They didn't even have the balls to bring bin laden to justice, they just killed him and dumped his body in the ocean. At least bush Jr. brought Saddam to justice.

Last edited:
Who?
WHo the fuck cares?
Cocksucker.

This case was even worse than the Lisa McPhereson case. Terri Schiavo had dozens of broken bones and they took her to California and put an electrode in her brain. That's some evil crazy shit.

The autopsy showed no signs of abuse.

Autopsy: Schiavo Was Not Abused - Fox News

>>>>
He blew it on legal fees another dumb ass liberal who cherish death over life, all he had to do is let the medical bills pile up and file for bankruptcy

You said he wanted her to die to collect the insurance money, but you haven't told us what this insurance money was? How big was the policy? Was there even an insurance policy?

Her initial condition started in 1990, however it was 8 years before there was a petition to remove the feeding tube.

Eight years of medical bills and you blame it all on blowing it on the lawyers?

And you don't seem to understand how bankruptcy works. You don't just get to let bills accumulate, have substantial assets (this mythical insurance policy you refer to) - and then just get to write them off. During bankruptcy assets are used to discharge debts, you don't get to keep them.

>>>>

Last edited:

>>>>

You said he wanted her to die to collect the insurance money, but you haven't told us what this insurance money was? How big was the policy? Was there even an insurance policy?

Her initial condition started in 1990, however it was 8 years before there was a petition to remove the feeding tube.

>>>>
Google is your friend :) I know

Who?
WHo the fuck cares?
Cocksucker.

What a pile of bullshit.

"In the early years of her condition, Michael and the Schindlers got along harmoniously, even living together in a house on the Gulf Coast for a while. They ensured that Terri received all variety of therapies, including physical, occupational and recreational. When those didn't work, Michael flew her out to California, where a doctor implanted platinum electrodes into her brain as part of an experimental procedure that ultimately failed.

Back in Florida, Michael enlisted family members to record audiotapes of their voices, which he played for Terri on a Walkman. He was fastidious about Terri's appearance, spraying her with Picasso perfume and outfitting her in stirrup pants and matching tops from The Limited. At one Florida nursing home, he was so demanding that administrators sought a restraining order against him. But Gloria Centonze, who worked there at the time (and by coincidence later married into the family of Michael's future girlfriend), recalls a frequent comment among the nurses: "He may be a bastard, but if I was sick like that, I wish he was my husband." To better care for Terri, Michael even enrolled in nursing school."

http://www.newsweek.com/legacy-terri-schiavo-115807

He willingly did no such thing.

Only a loon would suggest that.
Yes, Jeb willing did exactly that:

'The case had made its way through the courts for five years when Bush waded into uneasy constitutional territory — and applied overt political pressure — by asking Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Judge George Greer for a guardian to review the case before Terri Schiavo's life support was cut off.

When Greer ruled in October 2003 that Michael Schiavo could remove his wife's feeding tube, Bush pressed the Florida Legislature to pass Terri's Law. In an emergency session, lawmakers sidestepped the court and allowed the governor to order the feeding to resume. State troopers were on hand when Terri Schiavo was transferred to a Clearwater hospital. She had gone six days without nourishment.

Again, Bush and his allies were on dubious legal footing. Many constitutional lawyers and bioethicists were certain the law would be tossed. As governor, though, Bush showed little patience for anyone questioning his judgment and often complained of judicial activism.

Terri's Law, as predicted, was overturned in court in May 2004. Bush appealed, but the Florida Supreme Court, which included three of his own appointees, issued a unanimous ruling that the law was unconstitutional, violating "a cornerstone of American democracy" that is the separation of powers. The U.S. Supreme Court declined a review.

Undeterred, Bush changed tactics. In March 2005 he sought to have the state's Department of Children and Families take custody of Schiavo, a move Judge Greer rebuffed with a restraining order. Bush had relied on a neurologist and bioethicist with Christian leanings who said it was "more likely" that Schiavo was minimally conscious than in a vegetative state.

The governor had a hand in an even more surreal drama that played out in Washington, pressing allies in Congress to act. "I'm not sure we can get it done here in Florida," Bush told Sen. Mel Martinez of Florida after another Schiavo bill stalled in the state Legislature. "Do whatever you can federally."

Congress scrambled to act over its Easter recess and President George W. Bush flew back from his ranch in Texas to sign into law a bill allowing a federal court to intervene in the case. "These actions today are a clear threat to our democracy," said then-Rep. Jim Davis of Tampa, even as other Democrats voted with Republicans. (Many came to regret their votes and polls showed overwhelming public disapproval of the political intrusion.)

A day later, on March 22, a federal judge refused to order the re-insertion of the feeding tube, which had been removed under court order March 18, the third time in the saga. The U.S. Supreme Court declined to consider a challenge.'

The audacity of Jeb Bush A governor goes all in on the Terri Schiavo case Tampa Bay Times

>>>>

>>>>
Google is your friend :) I know
It's your friend too.

You made the claim. Back it up, chuck.

That's the way it works.

Some facts about the insurance/malpractice money:

Malpractice
In 1992 Michael filed a malpractice suit against Terri's obstetrician on the basis that he failed to diagnose bulimia as the cause of her infertility.[18] Terri had gone to the doctor because she had stopped menstruating but the doctor had failed to take her medical history which might have revealed an eating disorder. During the case one of Terri's friends testified that she knew Schiavo was bulimic. In November 1992, Michael won the case and was awarded $6.8 million by the jury, reduced to $2 million because Terri was partly at fault for her condition.[9] After attorneys' fees and other expenses, Michael received $300,000 and $750,000 was put in a trust fund for Terri's medical care. According to Michael, in early 2003, the Schindlers demanded that he share the malpractice money with them.[17]

Terri Schiavo case - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Forum List

Back