Terri Schiavo's Husband: Jeb Bush 'Put Me Through Hell'

Actually, I do give a fuck. The Terri Schiavo case was a royal clusterfuck by GOP NaziCons. It was disgusting!

I didn't follow that case. I think it was Republicans wanted to kill her and Democrats didn't want to kill her. Did I get that right? Killing her would absolutely disgust me

It had nothing to do with democrats. The politicians who got involved were all republicans.

Terri Schiavo was a woman who ended up brain dead. The husband wanted to follow his wife's wishes. To turn off the machines and remove the feeding tube.

The parents didn't want that so they took him to court. The parents kept losing in court. I don't know how jeb bush got involved but I do remember senator bill frist who was a former doctor who diagnosed Terri Schiavo from watching a video of her. No examination of any sort. This senator is a republican. The rest of the republicans in congress passed a bill to not remove that feeding tube and the bush boy signed it.

It went before the supreme court and again, the parents lost and the husband won.

When they finally removed the feeding tube and she was finally allowed to be at rest, there was an autopsy done.

Turns out most of what her parents, jeb bush, bill frist and other republicans were saying was all lies.

The autopsy showed that she was blind and her brain was so deteriorated that it was liquifying.

She was a dead woman forced to stay on a feeding tube while the rest of her body was decomposing.

This is what happens when republicans force their big government nanny on the rest of us.
Jon Stewart on Terri Schiavo: "If you want to know just how sick you have to get before Congress is willing to do something about health care, well, now you know."
And that "healthcare" she got was being starved to death. The government is going to fix that right?

It's the same way my grandmother died.

She died in the 90s before we had doctor assisted suicide.

At that time my state was just like all the other states. The only thing a person can do is have a living will that says no medications, no food, no water. Just air. And a DNR.

My grandmother stayed alive without food or water for nearly 2 weeks.

She had alzheimers and so those 2 weeks were spent in horrible brain seizures. There was nothing we could do. Her living will prohibited anything but air. So we had to watch as she suffered until she died.

We now have a law here that prevents almost everyone from that fate. Unfortunately it doesn't cover alzheimers. When they're of a sound mind they aren't within 6 months of death. When they're within 6 months of death they don't have a sound mind.

So alzheimers patients still suffer a horrible death and there isn't much that we can do about it. We need to change the law so that it covers alzheimers patients.

The rest of the nation, with the exception of Oregon, doesn't have that law and so the only way to stop the suffering of machines and feeding tubes, is to turn the machines off, remove the tubes and let the person die.

I personally think that's a horrible way to die but that's all that's available in 48 states.

That is one reason I have a shotgun. A diagnosis of Alzheimer's means I will use it to blow my brains out within 48 hours.

The Schiavo case is going to torpedo any chance that Jeb has. Maybe not in the primaries, but definitely in the General.

Funny how the Jeb-hating wingnuts are falling all over themselves to defend him in this thread.

They already know who they will be forced to vote for.
4i6Ckte.gif

I totally agree! PLUS, many voters will also remember what Jeb and Katherine Harris did to Al Gore in 2000.

No I could of sworn you said people Couldn't milk the system and then file, Don't know about now

What I said was "And you don't seem to understand how bankruptcy works. You don't just get to let bills accumulate, have substantial assets (this mythical insurance policy you refer to) - and then just get to write them off. During bankruptcy assets are used to discharge debts, you don't get to keep them."

Then I provided a link to NOLO.com discussing that very fact and noting that specific exemptions can very by state, but that in general assets are used to discharge the debt - you don't get to keep them.

>>>>
again dumb fuck I know how it used to work, I sold my mustang to my brother for a dollar, sold my condo to my dad for a dollar
And I bought them back for a dollar

In other words: you committed fraud and should be locked up.

You are a poster child for the return of debtor's prison.

He blew it on legal fees another dumb ass liberal who cherish death over life, all he had to do is let the medical bills pile up and file for bankruptcy

You said he wanted her to die to collect the insurance money, but you haven't told us what this insurance money was? How big was the policy? Was there even an insurance policy?

Her initial condition started in 1990, however it was 8 years before there was a petition to remove the feeding tube.

Eight years of medical bills and you blame it all on blowing it on the lawyers?

>>>>
Google is your friend :) I know

Translation: I got nuth'n.

BTW: This was added to the post. "And you don't seem to understand how bankruptcy works. You don't just get to let bills accumulate, have substantial assets (this mythical insurance policy you refer to) - and then just get to write them off. During bankruptcy assets are used to discharge debts, you don't get to keep them."

>>>>

Liberals love to kill their own and protect terrorist for some reason, I don't even get.
You don't 'get it' because both accusations are lies and untrue.
Huh? What? Is this a serious post? Of course liberals love death, hell they Killied what 50 million babys since Roe vs. Wade . They didn't even have the balls to bring bin laden to justice, they just killed him and dumped his body in the ocean. At least bush Jr. brought Saddam to justice.
Now this is n no way a serious post.
Translation ~the three monkeys, one Don't see, one Don't hear, one Don't speak

Yet you keep braying, jackass!
What? Huh? Where did this praying crap come from?

That was a sad day in this nation's history when the Republican party tried to shove Big Gov't down everyone's throats :(

(see bottom left cell ;) )

bushsays.jpg

He willingly did no such thing.

Only a loon would suggest that.

Fuck you! I followed this case closely while it was happening. Tom DeLay was another major player.

What you think, as usual, is colored with your confirmation bias.

Yeah, like Jeb and Katherine Harris cheating Al Gore out of the presidency in 2000.

Nobody cheated anyone. The Supreme Court ruled. Get over it!

No I could of sworn you said people Couldn't milk the system and then file, Don't know about now

What I said was "And you don't seem to understand how bankruptcy works. You don't just get to let bills accumulate, have substantial assets (this mythical insurance policy you refer to) - and then just get to write them off. During bankruptcy assets are used to discharge debts, you don't get to keep them."

Then I provided a link to NOLO.com discussing that very fact and noting that specific exemptions can very by state, but that in general assets are used to discharge the debt - you don't get to keep them.

>>>>
again dumb fuck I know how it used to work, I sold my mustang to my brother for a dollar, sold my condo to my dad for a dollar

I didnt commit fraud, I.played by liberal laws and Outsmarted them, what do ya think I am dumb :)

Her parents wanted to take care of her. He had not right to demand she die. The man doesn't know what hell is. Wait until he leaves this world and answers to God for what he did.
What would you know about that? Oh yeah..... you worship :eusa_pray: Republican Jesus :eusa_doh:

>>>>

yep Jarlaxle , bear513 is a deadbeat by his own admission.

So now the left is concerned with government overreach yet when President Obama bypassed Congress on immigration and did something that he claimed multiple times he did not have the authority to do you were fine with it.
This fails as a false comparison fallacy; it's also partisan, ignorant, and wrong.

Most conservatives seek to pursue government overreach even when that overreach has in fact been determined to be un-Constitutional by the courts, such as efforts to deny women their right to privacy and gay Americans their right to equal protection of the law.

The president's EO concerning prosecutorial discretion with regard to certain undocumented immigrants in no way 'bypasses' Congress; the EO conforms with existing Federal law, it is an appropriate use of the president's authority, and it is in fact Constitutional – unlike conservatives' efforts to 'ban' abortion and prohibit same-sex couples from marrying.

And the president's statement that he did not have the authority to change the law was correct – as, again, his EO in no way 'changes' the law.

So liberals have been and are now consistent with regard to their concerns for government overreach, correctly understanding when government excess exists and when it does not.

That was a sad day in this nation's history when the Republican party tried to shove Big Gov't down everyone's throats :(

(see bottom left cell ;) )

bushsays.jpg

I can only imagine how much money would have been in a Social Security fund that the doubling of the stock market would have put into the part of SS that would have been privatized. It would have meant a lot to the lower and middle class earners and nothing to top 5% But liberals thought that killing a Catholic woman and voting down Bush's Soc Sec proposal that would have benefited the working poor was more important. There are some that are too stupid to even know what dollar cost averaging means. They even had to make up crap about two oil men raising the price of oil.

I know it makes you furious and I enjoy it :) I so enjoy smoking a liberal law and finding loop holes just to Piss you kind off.

You can never stop it. If there is a will there is a way to find a loop hole in the system, my type will always figure it out

rev_schiavo.jpg

CLEARWATER, Fla.—Sitting recently on his brick back patio here, Michael Schiavo called Jeb Bush a vindictive, untrustworthy coward.

For years, the self-described “average Joe” felt harassed, targeted and tormented by the most important person in the state.

“It was a living hell,” he said, “and I blame him.”

Michael Schiavo was the husband of Terri Schiavo, the brain-dead woman from the Tampa Bay area who ended up at the center of one of the most contentious, drawn-out conflicts in the history of America’s culture wars. The fight over her death lasted almost a decade. It started as a private legal back-and-forth between her husband and her parents. Before it ended, it moved from circuit courts to district courts to state courts to federal courts, to the U.S. Supreme Court, from the state legislature in Tallahassee to Congress in Washington. The president got involved. So did the pope.

But it never would have become what it became if not for the dogged intervention of the governor of Florida at the time, the second son of the 41st president, the younger brother of the 43rd, the man who sits near the top of the extended early list of likely 2016 Republican presidential candidates. On sustained, concentrated display, seen in thousands of pages of court records and hundreds of emails he sent, was Jeb the converted Catholic, Jeb the pro-life conservative, Jeb the hands-on workaholic, Jeb the all-hours emailer—confident, competitive, powerful, obstinate Jeb. Longtime watchers of John Ellis Bush say what he did throughout the Terri Schiavo case demonstrates how he would operate in the Oval Office. They say it’s the Jebbest thing Jeb’s ever done.

The case showed he “will pursue whatever he thinks is right, virtually forever,” said Aubrey Jewett, a political science professor at the University of Central Florida. “It’s a theme of Jeb’s governorship: He really pushed executive power to the limits.”

Read more: Jeb Put Me Through Hell - POLITICO Magazine

I remember this case very well. It was supreme government overreach by Governor Bush and President Bush.
He was a greedy liberal, he wanted her to die to collect the insurance money

I wonder if any father of the 16 year old sex slaves Bill Clinton was fucking feels put through hell by the Clintons
I see you like to dwell on that....................a lot.

The Schiavo case is going to torpedo any chance that Jeb has. Maybe not in the primaries, but definitely in the General.

Funny how the Jeb-hating wingnuts are falling all over themselves to defend him in this thread.

They already know who they will be forced to vote for.
4i6Ckte.gif

I totally agree! PLUS, many voters will also remember what Jeb and Katherine Harris did to Al Gore in 2000.
Ya they were so butt hurt they reelected him.

1. I know it makes you furious and I enjoy it :) I so enjoy smoking a liberal law and finding loop holes just to Piss you kind off.
You can never stop it. If there is a will there is a way to find a loop hole in the system, my type will always figure it out
They reserve that right only for left wingers. How dare you.

Forum List

Back