Terminator Genysis

T1 was classic and T2 was a solid sequel but everything after has been just Hollyweird attempt to make money off a franchise that should have stopped after the sequel.

It is like Mad Max and Mad Max II were great and then Mad Max III was too much of Hollywood, and I am waiting for the new one ( Mad Max ) to come to Redbox and will do the same with the new T movie too.

Star Wars is the one I am waiting to see and hope it does not make me want to take a lightsaber to my eyes.
the last three bombs of the sequel I had to take my wife to again reinforced the reason why I never saw the first movie until 1982...

I saw Terminator G. today. Being a terminator fan, I found it quite entertaining though not up to the standards of T1 or T2.

Linda H is a hard act to follow as Sarah Connor. That said, I think Clarke was okay in the role. One thing I wish could have gone further which I enjoyed more than this last movie was The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

I saw Terminator G. today. Being a terminator fan, I found it quite entertaining though not up to the standards of T1 or T2.

Linda H is a hard act to follow as Sarah Connor. That said, I think Clarke was okay in the role. One thing I wish could have gone further which I enjoyed more than this last movie was The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

I enjoyed TSCC. I thought Lena Headey did a good job, and I'm a fan of Summer Glau as well.

Like Spider Man 2, I've never understood the appeal of Terminator 2. The kid that played John Connor was horrible; every scene he was in was ruined by his terrible acting. Turning the machine more 'human' was bad enough as a concept and even worse in practice. Suddenly, at the end, he's a soft, sympathetic father figure with a thumbs up sinking into the molten metal! :mad:

I've watched the series again fairly recently (although I haven't seen the new one yet). T1 is a classic. T2 is acceptable but extraordinarily overhyped. T3 was decent, Salvation was pretty bad.

Spider-Man with Doc Oct, seriously you couldn't see the appeal? Best of all the Spider-Man movies.

T2 worked because of the suspense of a the chase scenes. Come on the opening chase scene was awesome. The liquid metal terminator was cool. John Conor was that bad, but either way Linda Hamilton's transformation into a bad ass was classic.

I watched T2 again a few years ago and loved it.

I enjoyed TSCC. I thought Lena Headey did a good job, and I'm a fan of Summer Glau as well.

It started out strong, but the second season was good awful and they once again poorly castes John Conor.

Like Spider Man 2, I've never understood the appeal of Terminator 2. The kid that played John Connor was horrible; every scene he was in was ruined by his terrible acting. Turning the machine more 'human' was bad enough as a concept and even worse in practice. Suddenly, at the end, he's a soft, sympathetic father figure with a thumbs up sinking into the molten metal! :mad:

I've watched the series again fairly recently (although I haven't seen the new one yet). T1 is a classic. T2 is acceptable but extraordinarily overhyped. T3 was decent, Salvation was pretty bad.

Spider-Man with Doc Oct, seriously you couldn't see the appeal? Best of all the Spider-Man movies.

T2 worked because of the suspense of a the chase scenes. Come on the opening chase scene was awesome. The liquid metal terminator was cool. John Conor was that bad, but either way Linda Hamilton's transformation into a bad ass was classic.

I thought the first Raimi Spider Man was better. Doc Oc was poorly and inconsistently written, in fact the entire script was. "Here is a glowing chip surrounded by some simple plastic at the top of my octopus arm construct! I sure hope nothing bad happens to it, that would be a disaster!". :lol: Then there's how sometimes when Doc Oc walked around it created tremors and huge noises, then at other times he could be completely silent. Or a host of other problems. Add in that McGuire seemed even whinier and cheezier than in the first movie and no, I don't get the appeal.

I'm not saying SM2 was close to as bad as the third film, but it was far from the amazing film I often see it described as. :)

With T2, I always felt that the CGI was a big part of the draw. 'Oooo, look at the nifty liquid metal terminator!'. That didn't appeal to me all that much and the real meat of the movie was lacking IMO. Watchable, but not close to the original.

I finally got around to seeing this after being a fan of the first 1 terminators.

It actually started out good. I liked the future scenes. I liked seeing the humans fights back and defeat Skynet and seeing the Terminator go back in time. It was a little nostalgic seeing young Arnold about to take the punk’s clothes.

I actually thought to myself. It is not great but not nearly as bad as they said it was. Then robot John Conor comes in and it went downhill from there fast.

It was easily the worst one. The writing sucked, Kyle Reese was one of the best hero’s in movie history and the knew guy turned him into a very likeable character, he had zero chemistry with the Mother of Dragons.

I believe it killed the franchise. They were in the right track with Salvation. It was just that Salvation was a horrible movie. The time travel aspect has been played out. Show the war. That is what fans wanted (not sure if they care about it now).

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I loved T2. It helped to propel Arnold to super stardom. T2 would had been a logical movie to end the Terminator franchise in my opinion with Skynet having been adverted. I did enjoy the rest of the Terminator Franchise simply because I like the action and special effects. But there will never be a Sarah Conner like Linda Hamilton.

Terminator Genysis seems to screw the timeline a lot for the Franchise. Looks like Judgement Day may finally be adverted for good; however, it also seems that Kyle Reese and Sarah Conner are not going to make a John Conner in this timeline.

I loved T2. It helped to propel Arnold to super stardom. T2 would had been a logical movie to end the Terminator franchise in my opinion with Skynet having been adverted. I did enjoy the rest of the Terminator Franchise simply because I like the action and special effects. But there will never be a Sarah Conner like Linda Hamilton.

I think T2 is overrated. The first is very much the best. T2 had too much of the liquid metal effects just because they were unusual at the time, and the terminator was far too humanized.

On the other hand, T2 is much better than the rest of the movies after it.

I liked Lena Headey as Sarah Conner in the TV series. I wish that had lasted longer.

Illiterate Language Lords

Why do the producers purposely misspell Genesis? We waste billions on education only to have the degree-enabled reverse it.

Why was 'Terminator Genisys' spelled with a 'Y'?
Apostrophe Catastrophe

I don't buy their cover story; Hollywood moguls are part of the regime's game plan to dumb-down America. Why is The Emperor's Club not The Emperors' Club, since it is about numerous emperors the HeirHead students are preordained to follow? Why isn't the Infiniti car spelled with a Y?

Illiterate Language Lords

Why do the producers purposely misspell Genesis? We waste billions on education only to have the degree-enabled reverse it.

Why was 'Terminator Genisys' spelled with a 'Y'?
Apostrophe Catastrophe

I don't buy their cover story; Hollywood moguls are part of the regime's game plan to dumb-down America. Why is The Emperor's Club not The Emperors' Club, since it is about numerous emperors the HeirHead students are preordained to follow? Why isn't the Infiniti car spelled with a Y?

At least with Infiniti, I would guess it is to stand out. I have no idea whether The Emperor's Club is a poor choice or not, having not watched the movie.

Forum List

Back