Term Limits

In truth, all were highly educated & enlightened men during the Revolution. I will not go into their exploits as those are readily apparent. However, that being said, all those skills & knowledge that rw states is essential is a bogus argument. The skill involved revolves around how well these "peoples representatives" have been corrupted by the system. We most certainly need term limits to ensure that the peoples business is being done & not at the mercy of two morally & ethically bankrupt political machines. The original intent was never for a permanent ruling class, but rather a term of service after which those chosen would return to normal life. Give me a healthy turnover in Congress about every two years & watch how the swamp is drained of the corruption. Give each House member one 6 year term on a rotating basis so that every 2 years, 1/3 of the House is replaced by new members. For the Senate, return that power to the States to decide as was originally intended. They two are restricted to one 6 year term also on a rotating basis so that every 2 years, 1/3 of the Senate is infused with new blood.

Repealing the 17th Amendment is the epitome of cronyism.

And term limits would undermine the right of the people to be represented by whomever they wish for how long they wish; special interests and political insiders would continue to control the House and Senate, with no ‘new blood’ in Congress.

Special interests, political insiders, and the two major parties would continue to control the political process at the state and local levels concerning Congressional elections, where they would adapt to term limits and continue to send elected officials who represent only those special interests, not the interests of the people as a whole.

It is consequently foolish and naïve to believe term limits would realize the desired change in Congress.

we do it for the Executive branch....

In the Executive Branch, and we have none in the Judicial Branch.

go figure

call back when you are through at the cafeteria table of selective imbecilities

Well, we can still say we have some of the wealthiest and best educated up there now and look at the freaking mess they've got us in! Failed policies, programs, budget, etc...... So again, what skills are your talking about?

More skills and knowledge of Congressional rules and procedures than those you seek to replace them with

If you want an example of the negative impact of a "throw the bums out" mentality........just look at the antics of our TeaTards

Roberts Rules are easy to learn.
really? wtf are you in NA? :lol:

Well, we can still say we have some of the wealthiest and best educated up there now and look at the freaking mess they've got us in! Failed policies, programs, budget, etc...... So again, what skills are your talking about?

More skills and knowledge of Congressional rules and procedures than those you seek to replace them with

If you want an example of the negative impact of a "throw the bums out" mentality........just look at the antics of our TeaTards

I'll take someone with a lot of common sense over someone that has "knowledge of congressional rules and procedures" Rules and procedures can be learned, and just because you know procedures doesn't mean you can make smart decisions.

But you still haven't answered the question of what skills?

This naïve, simplistic, Capraesque perception of National politics – or politics in general, for that matter, is what renders conservative Utopian dogma untenable.

I'll take someone with a lot of common sense over someone that has "knowledge of congressional rules and procedures" Rules and procedures can be learned, and just because you know procedures doesn't mean you can make smart decisions.

But you still haven't answered the question of what skills?

This naïve, simplistic, Capraesque perception of National politics – or politics in general, for that matter, is what renders conservative Utopian dogma untenable.

Common Sense is code word for I don't know what I am doing

Roberts Rules are easy to learn.

really? wtf are you in NA? :lol:

Dante none of your arguments are based on logic. All you do is try to downplay the arguments of others while making no sense.

Forum List

Back