Term Limits! Term Limits! Term Limits!

You are an idiot!

Think...Lobbyists! Lobbyists! Lobbyists! Lobbyists!

Term limits won't change anything as long as "K" street is in business.

Sure they will. Why would politicians give a damn about "K" Street if they can't be reelected?

actually if they did not have to worry about re-election they would do more favors for lobbyists.

I don't deserve to have Maxine Waters making decisions for me. I never had an chance to vote for her. How do I get rid of her?
Just as others feel Paul Ryan shouldn’t be making decisions for them, who find Ryan as distasteful.

In other words, you agree that elections are not an effective means of limiting terms.

Everyone seems to want to vote everyone elses reps out of office except for their own.

Yes, that's right. You may be happy with your own rep, but I sure as hell am not happy with the likes of Nazi Pelosi or Harry Reid.

What you are calling for JackQ is a restriction under penalty of law of the American citizens ability to vote for their chosen candidate more than two times. I call the concept of "term limits" insulting and degrading and perhaps racist.

Everyone seems to want to vote everyone elses reps out of office except for their own.

True. The other guy is a ‘bum,’ my guy is great.

The problem starts at the very local level, where state party machines dictate to the voters whom their candidate will be. Until the machines of both parties are dismantled by the voters electing independent candidates, we’ll continue to see business as usual in Congress – term limits or no term limits.

You are an idiot!

Think...Lobbyists! Lobbyists! Lobbyists! Lobbyists!

Term limits won't change anything as long as "K" street is in business.

Sure they will. Why would politicians give a damn about "K" Street if they can't be reelected?

actually if they did not have to worry about re-election they would do more favors for lobbyists.

I agree...yet another reason to get Obama out now.

Who knows what havoc he'll wreak once he is free of the fear of being a one term president and has no reelection concerns.

Excellent point USCitizen.

Last edited:
I see it a little different than term limits.
As it is now there is constant fighting and a lot of wasted time undoing and redoing.
Why not just have an even number of each to represent us and then the power is never lop sided and they would be forced to work together and come to a reasonable conclusion.

What you are calling for JackQ is a restriction under penalty of law of the American citizens ability to vote for their chosen candidate more than two times. I call the concept of "term limits" insulting and degrading and perhaps racist.

What makes you think anyone cares if you're insulted? How is it "degrading" or "racist?"

In other words, you agree that elections are not an effective means of limiting terms.

No, I do not. As I noted in posts 11 and 28, the system is fine – the problem is with the voters who refuse to reject the two party/lobbyist monopoly.

The system is not fine. It's doomed to implode. The mechanism inherent to it promote scumbags an weasels to positions of great power.

How do I vote your scumbag out of office?

Move to my district...but then who will vote your scumbag out of office?

In other words, I can only screw myself by voting against my Congressman. What I need to do is have a way to vote against the scumbag you put in office.

My Congressman represents my interests and the interests of my district.

Your Congressman or woman represents yours.

You SHOULDN'T have a vote in my representation, any more than I should have a vote in yours.

I disagree with Maxine and Nancy, but IMO their constituency is entitled to have whomever they wish to elect represent them in Congress.

That is a fundamental right.

It is also why I support voter I.D.

I don't want you or ACORN or anyone else resurrecting the dead, or impersonating a shut-in or filing a false registration and voting in my election.

If you really feel the need to influence my election, you can donate money.

Left wing solutions to ongoing or invented problems always involve restrictions of freedom. This time the assumption is that Americans are too dumb to vote the 'right" way and a popular experienced politician might not be good for the future of the democracy. Libs always think they invented government and they are smarter than the Founding Fathers. It's insulting.

Left wing solutions to ongoing or invented problems always involve restrictions of freedom........

Bullshit. It's the right wing that wants to restrict your personal freedoms such as abortion, euthanasia, gay marriage and the rights of the family to decide to "pull the plug" on a loved one who will never recover. So don't even go there until you know what you're talking about.

Calls for term limits tend to reflect one of (or both of) the following assertions: 1) the electoral process is broken, or 2) the electorate is broken.

Term limits are a pretty ham-handed way of addressing those problems.

The Term Limit debate has two sides.

1) Those who want them because they feel "career politicians" are a big part of the problem.

2) Those who oppose them because they feel it restricts their freedom to vote for whom they want.

But the bottom line is that neither party will ever put them in place. Remember Newt Gingrich's "Contract with America"? Term limits was supposed to be part of that. Guess what? It never happened.

What's interesting though is that some states have put them in place for the state legislators.

Forum List

Back