Terezza: "Laura never had a real job..."

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20041020/ap_on_el_pr/heinz_kerry_1&printer=1

Does this lady ever think before she speaks? What if we were holding a dinner with a foreign diplomat that she didnt like. Would she tell him to shove it before Kerry was able to grab her? This lady can not become first lady.

Heinz Kerry Separates Self From Mrs. Bush

Wed Oct 20, 2:08 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Teresa Heinz Kerry says she doesn't know if first lady Laura Bush has ever had "a real job" and suggests their different experiences help make them different people.

Laura Bush taught in public schools in Texas from 1968 to 1977, the year she married George W. Bush.

In an interview published Wednesday in USA Today, the newspaper asked the wife of Democratic candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) if she would be different from Laura Bush as a first lady.

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."

Heinz Kerry said she sees her age as a benefit — she is 66 and Bush 57. "I'm older, and my validation of what I do is a little bit bigger — because I'm older, and I've had different experiences. And it's not a criticism of her. It's just, you know, what life is about," she said.

Karen Hughes, an adviser to President Bush (news - web sites), criticized Heinz Kerry's remarks as "indicative of an unfortunate mind-set that seeks to divide women based on who works at home and who works outside the home."

She later tried to pull her foot from her mouth.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...l_usnw/statement_of_teresa_heinz_kerry166_xml

Statement of Teresa Heinz Kerry

Wed Oct 20, 3:27 PM ET

To: National Desk, Political Reporter

Contact: Sarah Gegenheimer of Kerry Edwards 2004, 202-464-2800

PITTSBURGH, Oct. 20 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Teresa Heinz Kerry released the following statement today:

"I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children. As someone who has been both a full time mom and full time in workforce, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are. I appreciate and honor Mrs. Bush's service to the country as First Lady, and am sincerely sorry I had not remembered her important work in the past."

What a bitch.

So, to boil her two combined statements down to their essence, what she's saying is, "I'm full of shit. Please ignore me."

As someone who has been both a full time mom and full time in workforce, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are

Nice try asshole. Of all the dirty low blows one could offer, I think THK just sunk to a new low. As if her original comments weren't meant to be a jab, her attempts at sincerity are so transparent, I don't know why she even bothered. What a total peice of shit.

And to think, this pig could be in the White House, with the title "First LADY"??? make me want to puke of the thoughts of it!

You know, I'm a young woman with two master's degrees who is working full-time and planning on going to get my doctorate at some point in time...I'm also planning on staying at home with my kids when I have them, at least until they start school...and Tereza's comments cemented one fact at least for me...She has little to no respect for a woman making that choice.

This is a woman who has no respect for stay-at-home moms (or, women in traditionally "female" jobs like teaching).

Statistics show that more and more women my age are realizing how important having a parent at home can be, and more and more of us are choosing to stay home if it is at all possible. Many jobs are starting to understand this, and are changing their requirements to allow three days in the office-2 days at home, etc....and here is a woman who wants to be the representitive of women in this country...and she demonstrates a complete lack of respect for women who make choices different than hers (hey, we can't all marry the heir to a condiment fortune, ya know!).

Hillary Clinton was similar in her "I'm not a stay at home kinda woman" comments...but she had the good sense not to come out at insult the present first lady and then apologize lamely...

Once again, this woman drives me nuts. Being a rude, loudmouthed b*tch doesn't make you a feminst who speaks your mind, it makes you a rude, loudmouthed b*tch.

Gem said:
You know, I'm a young woman with two master's degrees who is working full-time and planning on going to get my doctorate at some point in time...I'm also planning on staying at home with my kids when I have them, at least until they start school...and Tereza's comments cemented one fact at least for me...She has little to no respect for a woman making that choice.

This is a woman who has no respect for stay-at-home moms (or, women in traditionally "female" jobs like teaching).

Statistics show that more and more women my age are realizing how important having a parent at home can be, and more and more of us are choosing to stay home if it is at all possible. Many jobs are starting to understand this, and are changing their requirements to allow three days in the office-2 days at home, etc....and here is a woman who wants to be the representitive of women in this country...and she demonstrates a complete lack of respect for women who make choices different than hers (hey, we can't all marry the heir to a condiment fortune, ya know!).

Hillary Clinton was similar in her "I'm not a stay at home kinda woman" comments...but she had the good sense not to come out at insult the present first lady and then apologize lamely...

Once again, this woman drives me nuts. Being a rude, loudmouthed b*tch doesn't make you a feminst who speaks your mind, it makes you a rude, loudmouthed b*tch.

Really the most interesting thing about feminists is that your only empowered if you subscribe to their plan of being a Barracuda in the work place and decide to not have a good marriage or family............Yet if a woman decides and makes that choice to have the marriage and raise children soley, she is labeled powerless and subservient...And here I thought feminism was about making choices?????????Guess I was mistaken :huh:

Gem said:

You are very impressive Gem. Im sure your husband is very proud. Its nice to see articulate ladies around here. But then the non articulately ladies dont survive.

Thanks for the compliments, Avatar...but don't think too much of me just yet...I can turn evil and start ranting at people with the best (or perhaps, the worst?) of them...I just try REALLY hard to stay coherant when I do so. :clap1:

Gem said:
Thanks for the compliments, Avatar...but don't think too much of me just yet...I can turn evil and start ranting at people with the best (or perhaps, the worst?) of them...I just try REALLY hard to stay coherant when I do so. :clap1:

You must mean coherent without the rant. ;)

I think THK has a big ole case of jealousy and envy of Laura Bush. She knows she will never be that classy despite her billions. So she must try to tear her down in an attempt to make herself seem better in constrast. I also think Teresa has probably come to the conclusion that her hubby may not win the election, so the gloves are coming off. Plus the drugs are probably not helping any...

insein said:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20041020/ap_on_el_pr/heinz_kerry_1&printer=1

Does this lady ever think before she speaks? What if we were holding a dinner with a foreign diplomat that she didnt like. Would she tell him to shove it before Kerry was able to grab her? This lady can not become first lady.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...l_usnw/statement_of_teresa_heinz_kerry166_xml

What a bitch.

Oh, but wait! Doesn't this make her a liar?!? That asshead Terry McCauliffe said Dick Cheney was a horrible liar because he didn't remember sitting next to John Edwards three years ago. If that's true, doesn't not remembering common knowledge like Laura Bush being a school teacher make her a liar?

...not to mention remembering Laura Bush - IF what THK said was true, did a MORE important job than teaching anyway...motherhood.

insein said:

What a bitch.

You forgot "condescending" bitch. I think that if her, and her horse-faced, flip-flopping, Botox injected freak of nature (I mean husband!) were in the White House, an assassination attempt would be made within a year.

Does anyone have any links/stories on Laura Bush's reaction to all this?

How I'd love to hear her publicly call Tereezzzza a bitch... kinda like her mother-in-law did with Ferraro. :rock:

lilcountriegal said:
Does anyone have any links/stories on Laura Bush's reaction to all this?

How I'd love to hear her publicly call Tereezzzza a bitch... kinda like her mother-in-law did with Ferraro. :rock:

I don't believe Laura would stoop to publicly calling her a bitch. She's always well put together, and aware of her surroundings.

Shattered said:
I don't believe Laura would stoop to publicly calling her a bitch. She's always well put together, and aware of her surroundings.

I completely agree about Laura Bush's personality and know that she wouldnt actually do that...

but...

damnit, it would just be so damn NICE to hear

lilcountriegal said:
I completely agree about Laura Bush's personality and know that she wouldnt actually do that...

but...

damnit, it would just be so damn NICE to hear

It would be great to see that, but I think Laura's grace and class is better served to remain silent and let Daisey may run off at the mouth

A smackdown would be fun!!!

You should have seen my wife's reaction. She is a stay at home mother, and she was livid! How can the woman say she didn't hold a job, if that isn't the hardest job in our family at least then I don't know what difficult work is.

She is such an idiot.

Then in her "apology" she only mentions the Library and School Teaching as if that is the only valuable thing she had done.

Stay at home mother of twins!

Then to top it off, what job has Teresa ever held?

If this is any indication of what these people think about the rest of the world, it speaks volumes. What an elitist pig!

Forum List

Back