Teresa "Heinz Not Kerry"

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
I heard this mentioned today, and found this year-old article on it. I wonder if she will rediscover the Kerry name when he runs again. Kind of like when sHrillary all of a sudden became Hillary Rodham Clinton right after her husband was elected President. Ah, ain't love sweet?

Teresa Heinz drops 'Kerry'

Compiled by Tribune-Review staff
Sunday, February 6, 2005

A campaign convenience is no more.
According to The Washington Times, Teresa Heinz, the erstwhile Teresa Heinz Kerry, has stopped using the last name of her husband, Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry, last year's Democrat presidential nominee.

Preceding its Women Who Make a Difference Awards dinner next month, the National Council for Research on Women is featuring "a conversation with Teresa Heinz," according to a release from the organization. The council failed to mention the final half of the Fox Chapel ketchup heiress' formerly elongated last name in several other references.

"I just checked and she no longer uses her (entire) last name; only during the (presidential) campaign did she use Kerry," campaign spokeswoman Tamara Rodriguez Reichberg said.

We suppose this means the Kerrys (er, make that Heinz and Kerry) will have to get their checks reprinted, but it's an expense they probably can afford.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/opinion/columnists/whispers/s_300508.html

Abbey Normal said:
I heard this mewntioned today, and found this year-old article on it. I wonder if she will rediscover the Kerry name when he runs again. Kind of like when sHrillary all of a sudden became Hillary Rodham Clinton right after her husband was elected President. Ah, ain't love sweet?

Teresa Heinz drops 'Kerry'

Compiled by Tribune-Review staff
Sunday, February 6, 2005

A campaign convenience is no more.
According to The Washington Times, Teresa Heinz, the erstwhile Teresa Heinz Kerry, has stopped using the last name of her husband, Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry, last year's Democrat presidential nominee.

Preceding its Women Who Make a Difference Awards dinner next month, the National Council for Research on Women is featuring "a conversation with Teresa Heinz," according to a release from the organization. The council failed to mention the final half of the Fox Chapel ketchup heiress' formerly elongated last name in several other references.

"I just checked and she no longer uses her (entire) last name; only during the (presidential) campaign did she use Kerry," campaign spokeswoman Tamara Rodriguez Reichberg said.

We suppose this means the Kerrys (er, make that Heinz and Kerry) will have to get their checks reprinted, but it's an expense they probably can afford.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/opinion/columnists/whispers/s_300508.html

I'd love her money, but wouldn't want to be or be related to either of them. :eek:

Kathianne said:
I'd love her money, but wouldn't want to be or be related to either of them. :eek:

Ahhh, Kathianne. We know that if you did have her money, you wouldn't waste it supporting the campaign of Mr. Spineless. :cof:

Abbey Normal said:
Ahhh, Kathianne. We know that if you did have her money, you wouldn't waste it supporting the campaign of Mr. Spineless. :cof:

That is so true. I would be sipping a Pina Colada somewhere and paying you and Gem to do my bidding through your writings! :laugh:

Abbey Normal said:
I have always written happliy for pay. :D

I will let you know when I strike it rich! btw, prayers for the dad, again. The boys took him back to hospital with vertigo. He is feeling better, but docs are reviewing his records, deciding whether to 'keep' him or not. That makes 3 hospital visits within 2 weeks. 8 days in hospital out of the last 15. :sigh:

Kathianne said:
I will let you know when I strike it rich! btw, prayers for the dad, again. The boys took him back to hospital with vertigo. He is feeling better, but docs are reviewing his records, deciding whether to 'keep' him or not. That makes 3 hospital visits within 2 weeks. 8 days in hospital out of the last 15. :sigh:

Absolutely! He must be so frustrated by now.

Abbey Normal said:
Absolutely! He must be so frustrated by now.

I know. He must be. I'm feeling pretty miserable myself, as youngest will be returning to college on the 11th, what about my dad home all day by himself? I'm getting scared, but I can't stay home. That is the only bad thing about getting free of the ex, no can stop work.

My dad really has little money left, my mom's illness cost over $400k. :sigh:

Kathianne said:

dang...dunno what I can say that others haven't, but I will hope for the best.

fuzzykitten99 said:
And my credit cards and car would be paid off right? And maybe some funds to put an addition onto our house? :thup:
Why not? I wouldn't need private jets, 1st class would suit me fine! :laugh:

Kathianne said:
I know. He must be. I'm feeling pretty miserable myself, as youngest will be returning to college on the 11th, what about my dad home all day by himself? I'm getting scared, but I can't stay home. That is the only bad thing about getting free of the ex, no can stop work.

My dad really has little money left, my mom's illness cost over $400k. :sigh:

Kathianne, I wish I could send you that Pina Colada. You deserve an IV drip of it!

Abbey Normal said:
Kathianne, I wish I could send you that Pina Colada. You deserve an IV drip of it!

Thank you! I think I'd take you up on that. My brother should be calling soon. We've already decided to get my dad one of the medic alert dohickeys, that can call paramedics from wherever. The vertigo thing hits without warning, once it does, he can't safely walk. It's most definately a conundrum.

Abbey Normal said:

lyrics of one of my favorite songs (with my own addition of course)...courtesy of jimnyc's lyrics site

"...So bring me two pina coladas
I gotta have one for each hand
Let's set sail with Captin Morgan
Oh and never leave dry land

Troubles I forgot 'em
I buried 'em in the sand
So bring me two pina coladas
Until we say hello to Kathianne's healthy dad!"

fuzzykitten99 said:
lyrics of one of my favorite songs (with my own addition of course)...courtesy of jimnyc's lyrics site

Troubles I forgot 'em
I buried 'em in the sand

Cute!

fuzzykitten99 said:

Troubles I forgot 'em
I buried 'em in the sand

:clap: :clap: Excellent! Dang wish I could rep ya!

Forum List

Back