tentertoo

tenthertoo

...worst of all I'm DULL
Dec 30, 2011
Deep South
I'm a 72 year old guy and very old fashioned in my ways. I was born and raised in a mixed race middle income neighborhood in a deep South big city. By today's standards most were "poor" - we were "rich" as we had an attic fan and a car .

When I was growing up we didn't know about conservatives, liberals, or upper/middle/lower classes we just knew about good people and bad people (there are plenty of each in all races). Good people were those who obeyed the law, paid their bills, took care of their families, and looked out for their neighbors. Bad people were those who didn't.

The national government was something "up there" that had little to do with our lives. We didn't need to concern ourselves about "international issues" as we were the biggest-baddest guys on the block. I just can't get used to Washington being the focus of our daily thoughts and concerns. We certainly didn't think the "goverment" would be telling us what kind of light bulbs we could use.

THE FED, WHAT ARE THEY UP TO NOW?

(copied from my homepage forum)

Last edited:
You and I are both old enough to see just how fucked up this nation is becoming, that's for sure.

The FED is part of the system that is screwing the people, that's for damned sure.

I would like to visit a few houses that have sold in town recently. As they were foreclosures, I am fairly certain the plumbing had been removed. My guess is, we have more people living in unplumbed houses than in the 1950s.

Forum List

Back