tens of thousands of new voters added

nycflasher

Apr 15, 2004
CT
Yeehaw, Jim Bob. Let's have a barbecue!
---

A sweeping voter registration campaign in heavily Democratic areas has added tens of thousands of new voters to the rolls in the swing states of Ohio and Florida, a surge that has far exceeded the efforts of Republicans in both states, a review of registration data shows.

The analysis by The New York Times of county-by-county data shows that in Democratic areas of Ohio - primarily low-income and minority neighborhoods - new registrations since January have risen 250 percent over the same period in 2000. In comparison, new registrations have increased just 25 percent in Republican areas. A similar pattern is apparent in Florida.

www.airamericaradio.com

nycflasher said:
---

A sweeping voter registration campaign in heavily Democratic areas has added tens of thousands of new voters to the rolls in the swing states of Ohio and Florida, a surge that has far exceeded the efforts of Republicans in both states, a review of registration data shows.

The analysis by The New York Times of county-by-county data shows that in Democratic areas of Ohio - primarily low-income and minority neighborhoods - new registrations since January have risen 250 percent over the same period in 2000. In comparison, new registrations have increased just 25 percent in Republican areas. A similar pattern is apparent in Florida.

www.airamericaradio.com

Id like to see something alittle more substantial on this one. besides i think they should probably stop registering dead people.

nycflasher said:
---

By the time they winnow out the deceased, the felons, the illegals and those registered two or three times, you'll end up mostly with a bunch of 18 - 20 year olds most of whom aren't going to vote anyway. Especially in Florida. I hear there's a beach volleyball tournament in progress the week of the election. And a wet tee shirt contest.

Merlin1047 said:
By the time they winnow out the deceased, the felons, the illegals and those registered two or three times, you'll end up mostly with a bunch of 18 - 20 year olds most of whom aren't going to vote anyway. Especially in Florida. I hear there's a beach volleyball tournament in progress the week of the election. And a wet tee shirt contest.

::Grinding my teeth:: Must resist.. urge.. to go.. to Florida.. during.. the election

Merlin1047 said:

The bingo tournament and M*A*S*H* marathon on election day will keep just as many old people away from the polls.

where i live on the central coast of CA it is a heavy democrat area. however when i registered to vote yesterday at some booth at a grocery store, i told the guy i was a republican and that i should not register with him when he asked me to register because his booth said for democrats.

he further told me that he has been getting a lot of republicans to register and that in this area there are now more republicans than demos. times are a changin he said..

Yurt said:
where i live on the central coast of CA it is a heavy democrat area. however when i registered to vote yesterday at some booth at a grocery store, i told the guy i was a republican and that i should not register with him when he asked me to register because his booth said for democrats.

he further told me that he has been getting a lot of republicans to register and that in this area there are now more republicans than demos. times are a changin he said..

Really? I wonder if that is a trend or just in that area. We have had a surge of people registering here in Colorado, but the R's still have the same percentage of an advantage over the D's.

nycflasher said:
---

www.airamericaradio.com

In the waning days of the Third Reich, a slow madness crept over those trapped in Hitler's bunker complex. Watching, waiting, hearing the Russian guns inch closer and closer to Berlin, they began to fantasize about divine intervention (much as the Japanese would do with their kamikaze insanity). When President Roosevelt died, they rejoiced. Surely, this was the sign!

I'll bet there is much dancing and cheering over at Air America headquarters right now. There certainly is precedent for it.

nakedemperor said:
The bingo tournament and M*A*S*H* marathon on election day will keep just as many old people away from the polls.

Hey! Ain't nothin' wrong with M*A*S*H!

Now, a Matlock marathon, that would keep the old folks home.

Forum List

Back