Tennessee Volkswagen workers reject unionization

Proving once again that centuries of inbreeding in the South Just makes them stupid.

This wasn't even the case of the company being against it. In Germany, Volkswagen is unionized and they have more power than the UAW does.

lol the UAW is not even remotely like the German unions, idiot. They are entirely different, and you wouldn't like them at all, being a dumbass loafer.

47080770_303.jpg

This isn’t the first time. I remember reading reports on similar votes at other sites in which union reps then went to judges to try to get the votes set aside.

Workers at Volkswagen's United States plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee, have voted 833 to 776 against forming a factory-wide union, according to preliminary results shared by Volkswagen on Friday.

The vote among hourly workers began on Wednesday and finished on Friday. The German carmaker said about 93% of the roughly 1,700 workers voted. The National Labor Relations Board, the US regulatory body running the election, has yet to confirm the vote results.

Yeah, the NLRB. Doesn’t answer to anybody and appears to be full of Obama appointees. You can bet this will end up in the courts.

More
Tennessee Volkswagen workers reject unionization | DW | 15.06.2019

It is getting closer, I wonder what the real reason is, Volkswagen wants a Union there.

you got to give Volkswagen credit as a forgein company though and not force it's workers to do something they don't want to do.

I doubt the Germans really knew much about American unions back when they first came here, and I'm sure they now know they don't want them in their plant. Don't know why the company didn't just set up a company union on their own, though; maybe the state govt. said they wouldn't like it or something.

I doubt the Germans really knew much about American unions back when they first came here, and I'm sure they now know they don't want them in their plant. Don't know why the company didn't just set up a company union on their own, though; maybe the state govt. said they wouldn't like it or something.

Here is the thing. Germany and Japan have "Company Unions" that organize all the workers in a plant.

While American unions organize by specific trades. So in a plant, you might have a bunch of UAW auto-workers, but the electrician belongs to IBEW, the transportation guys belong to the Teamsters, and so on. The strength is that when a union strikes against a plant, all the other workers can support them.

Federal law actually prohibits company unions. Maybe that should change.

Federal law 'prohibits' a lot of things. In real life we know they rarely enforce any laws unpopular with whoever appoints the AG and prosecutors in general, like Eric Holder not prosecuting Obama's and Democrats' organized crime activities, working with foreign govts. against American security interests, ignoring blatant hate crimes when they were commuted by blacks.

All they have to do is ask their first group of shop floor employees, usually a handful of company men themselves, to form a union; that way they can avoid problems with later attempts to organize one by a union they don't control. In' right to work' states they can be formed by just 3 employees, like one of the ones I helped vote out. The union was already 'there' before the even began to look for the vast majority of their new employees. It takes a year after voting one out to try and organize another one.

The craft union movement was the first union movement in the U.S.; it's based on the English craft guild model. Like I said, a union is only as good as its membership, and many unions were run by idiots by the 1980's.

Federal law 'prohibits' a lot of things. In real life we know they rarely enforce any laws unpopular with whoever appoints the AG and prosecutors in general, like Eric Holder not prosecuting Obama's and Democrats' organized crime activities, working with foreign govts. against American security interests, ignoring blatant hate crimes when they were commuted by blacks.

Can you please keep on topic. I know Obama occupies space in your head... but the topic here was Unions.

I posted a lot of great anti union stuff on this thread and now it is gone.

Can you please keep on topic. I know Obama occupies space in your head... but the topic here was Unions.

You are confused Moon Bat. Picaro's comment is greatly appreciated in this thread.

In addition to the point Picaro made Obama is a piece of shit that used billions of taxpayer's money to give to his UAW buddies that gave him hundreds of millions of dollars in the 2008 campaign and that is despicable.

The worthless affirmative action Negro's failure and corruption is something all of us need to be reminded of daily.

You're just clueless. The Democratic Party itself ran off its blue collar workers, in favor of dope addled pseudo-intellectual academic idiocy. They need you, not real Americans.

47080770_303.jpg

This isn’t the first time. I remember reading reports on similar votes at other sites in which union reps then went to judges to try to get the votes set aside.

Workers at Volkswagen's United States plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee, have voted 833 to 776 against forming a factory-wide union, according to preliminary results shared by Volkswagen on Friday.

The vote among hourly workers began on Wednesday and finished on Friday. The German carmaker said about 93% of the roughly 1,700 workers voted. The National Labor Relations Board, the US regulatory body running the election, has yet to confirm the vote results.

Yeah, the NLRB. Doesn’t answer to anybody and appears to be full of Obama appointees. You can bet this will end up in the courts.

More

It is getting closer, I wonder what the real reason is, Volkswagen wants a Union there.

you got to give Volkswagen credit as a forgein company though and not force it's workers to do something they don't want to do.

VW more or less forced this election to occur by refusing to negotiate with the maintenance workers who voted to unionize unless all hourly workers participated in the vote. VW didn't otherwise take a position. Apparently there was a lot of political posturing surrounding the vote by people who didn't work there.

I personally think that folks from Tennessee are generally narcissists and the superiority standoffishness probably played a factor.

47080770_303.jpg

More

VW more or less forced this election to occur by refusing to negotiate with the maintenance workers who voted to unionize unless all hourly workers participated in the vote. VW didn't otherwise take a position. Apparently there was a lot of political posturing surrounding the vote by people who didn't work there.

I personally think that folks from Tennessee are generally narcissists and the superiority standoffishness probably played a factor.

That makes sense for Germans; their model is the company union one they use in Germany.

Hey, you can’t talk to that lyin’ son of a bitch like that!!!

Blasty, you are hugging a guy who thinks the parents of the Sandy Hook victims are all crisis actors... care who you hug just because I hurt your feelings a couple dozen times.
Hmmm...time for a slight recap.

You lied your ass off in a very incredibly stupid manner and I was kind enough to call you on it and alert the class so they would be sure to have their Veracity Meters turned on whenever reading your bullshit in the future. And because of that you think you somehow hurt my feelings?

You are one strange loser, but an interesting study for sure.

Forum List

Back