Tennessee Seeks tonBar Same Sex Marriage

Divorce was harder to obtain in the 1950's. Since you have asserted there would be more violence and murders, we could use the 1950's as our guide to what would happen today.

In the 1950's, we didn't have more guns than people. That's why we have more violence and murders today.

We could also talk about how in the 1950's, the work force was 40% unionized,and working men brought home good pay..

It seems that you want to turn back the clock selectively.

Divorce was harder to obtain in the 1950's. Since you have asserted there would be more violence and murders, we could use the 1950's as our guide to what would happen today.

In the 1950's, we didn't have more guns than people. That's why we have more violence and murders today.

We could also talk about how in the 1950's, the work force was 40% unionized,and working men brought home good pay..

We didn't have a gender difference in voting then. The women went along with the males

Now the gender difference will bring a nation of men against women

We didn't have a gender difference in voting then. The women went along with the males

Now the gender difference will bring a nation of men against women
No. It will bring the nation of women -along with the smarter men -against T-Rump

More about Tennessee in the news...…..and it sucks

Trump Greenlights Discrimination in Foster Care as Additional States Try to Pass Harmful Laws

Today, the Tennessee Legislature is holding a committee hearing on a bill that allows government-funded child welfare contract agencies to discriminate against foster and adoptive parents. And this Thursday, Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Alex Azar (pictured) will be on the hot seat a Senate Finance Committee hearing answering questions about why HHS is now waiving federal law to permit South Caroina agencies to do the same.

And before anyone starts blathering about the gay people can just go to another agency, consider this. There are always more children in need of adoption than there are people who are willing and able to adopt them. In addition matching children to prospective adoptive parents is a complicated process. In short, these children should have maximum opportunity to be adopted and excluding gay people cut down their odds of being placed in a loving home

Interesting how you cut out most of my post which is very cogent and on point, and then have the colossal nerve to claim that I have no credibility. I am co.nfident that any thinking person who is reading this knows exactly who has the credibility and who does not
Your entire posts are not only still there in their entirety, but I make sure to quote you so that they can click on the arrow by your name and be taken directly to the FULL post. I cut most of it to keep the posts readable for others (nobody wants to sit through a fuck'n novel of responses in a single post genius) and to focus on addressing the point out of your long-winded nonsense that I want to focus on in my response. Geezus. The fact that you need that explained to you makes me think your IQ is that of the average 4th grader in America.

Why not? Discouraging any other arrangement makes you a bigot. At least that was the common refrain concerning gay marriage.

Mark
That's the same old well worn red herring, slippery slope, and false equivalency equine excrement logical fallacies that I have heard too many times before. . What are you saying- that marrying your underage sister is the same as two unrelated consenting adults getting married who happen to be of the same sex. ?Are you saying that opposing the former example makes you a bigot? That is really just fucking stupid. No one who supports same sex marriage every said that. If someone wants to marry their sister, or two tree people at the same time, or a corps - based on the Obergefell decision, they can pursue in court. It would be fun to see what happens.

It is also a Tu Quoque ,or an appeal to hypocrisy fallacy to imply that someone is a hypocrite for supporting same sex marriage while opposing sibling marriage-or whatever, or just not supporting it

tu quoque (To kwok we )(Latin for "you, too" or "you, also") or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a logical fallacy that attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position; it attempts to show that a criticism or objection applies equally to the person making it. This dismisses someone's point of view based on criticism of the person's inconsistency and not the position presented whereas a person's inconsistency should not discredit the position. Thus, it is a form of the ad hominem argument. To clarify, although the person being attacked might indeed be acting inconsistently or hypocritically, this does not invalidate their argument."

There is no fallacy. You are also restricting society according to what you believe it should be. While you might not like the idea of an underage sister marrying her brother, it doesn't make you any less restrictive.

Mark
You just don't get it. It's not a matter of what I like or don't like. You might have noticed that I have not taken a position on other variations of "marriage. It's a matter of whether or not your argument is valid and the fact is that it is not because it employs logical fallacies which you apparently do not understand

What makes an argument valid? Your beliefs? Why are your beliefs the litmus test for validity?

Mark
It has nothing to do with my beliefs . It has to do with the issue of whether or not an argument is based on facts and logic. Yours is not as I have demonstrated.

Facts and logic show that a man cannot biologically marry a woman. That is not a belief, but a fact. Your logic is that simply if a man can marry a woman, a man should be able to marry a man.

That is not logical, or rational.

Mark

None of that has anything to do at all with marriage. Used to be, a divorce meant failure, and people rightly felt bad about it. Today, they throw divorce parties.

Mark

None of that has anything to do at all with marriage. Used to be, a divorce meant failure, and people rightly felt bad about it. Today, they throw divorce parties.

Mark

It had everything to do with it. Women stayed in bad marriages because they had no job prospects. They were actually expected to put up with marital abuse...

upload_2019-3-14_4-38-4.jpeg

Hahahahahahaha... it's funny because she's getting a beating for fucking up the coffee..

images

No, seriously, bitch, you had one job!

Yeah, Women don't miss 1950's style marriage, for some reason.

Mark

It had everything to do with it. Women stayed in bad marriages because they had no job prospects. They were actually expected to put up with marital abuse...

View attachment 250169
Hahahahahahaha... it's funny because she's getting a beating for fucking up the coffee..

images

Much better now. Women get boinked by every DeShawn, DeAndre and Darnell that comes along, spawn and get free stuff from the state. That's progress!

Mark

View attachment 250169

images

Much better now. Women get boinked by every DeShawn, DeAndre and Darnell that comes along, spawn and get free stuff from the state. That's progress!
I hate to burst your little snot bubble but it`s the party of Trump that`s getting all of the "free stuff from the state". How much are you getting?
The GOP Base Benefits Most From Government-Assistance Programs: - The Atlantic

Mark

View attachment 250169

images

I hate to burst your little snot bubble but it`s the party of Trump that`s getting all of the "free stuff from the state". How much are you getting?
"The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a liberal policy-analysis group, found ..."

I hate to bust your bubble.

You inject race into everything. What's your prooblem?

So when you whined about "DeShawn, DeAndre and Darnell " you weren't being racial? Really?

Why is it when someone calls you racists out you get all defensive? Is it because you know on some level you are in the wrong? I guess that's a good first step.
Well, we know it's rarely Tom, Dick or Harry. Just being realistic, not racist.

Mark

View attachment 250169

images

"The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a liberal policy-analysis group, found ..."

Okay, I`ll look at your link regarding who is getting the most free stuff. Until you have something the numbers from the so called liberal policy-analysis group stand. I`m looking for numbers, not an opinion piece from a white supremacist group.

Mark

View attachment 250169

images

Okay, I`ll look at your link regarding who is getting the most free stuff. Until you have something the numbers from the so called liberal policy-analysis group stand. I`m looking for numbers, not an opinion piece from a white supremacist group.

California and New York combine for about 50% of tne welfare payments in the country. Throw in Illinois and the tell us who's getting freebies? Lefties love using percentages while not telling you that 45% of Mississippi's population is LOT less than 25-30% of California's. Funny how real numbers work.

Forum List

Back