Tennessee Rednecks Keep On Thumpin'

No one needs a book to talk about religion. Your question is silly. How do you propose to monitor every word a kid says at recess? If parents don't want their kids listening to another kid talking about his/her religion tell their kid to play with someone else! Oh, and BTW, the SCOTUS has already rules that students in public schools have fundamental rights and freedom of speech as long as it does not disrupt the classes..

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're right, nobody needs a book to talk about religion, however, reading a Bible in the playground with others, talking about what they read is actually a Bible study, and that is essentially what this kid is doing.

Like I said, if you allow it for Christians, will you also allow it for Muslims?

I'd allow it for Muslims, Jews, Hindus, or anyone else; the one rule being no arguing between different faiths, or we all give up the privilege of having the discussions on the playground; seems fair to me. No one is being forced by the school to join in these discussions, so I fail to see how the school (as a public institution) is "promoting" or "encouraging" any particular faith; all it's doing is allowing the free expression of ideas. Silly me; I thought education was supposed to be about a free marketplace of ideas in the first place.

Colleges, certainly. Grade schools and high schools not so much.

LOL.....just like a Christian. Any kind of false information is OK as long as their "Message of Salvation" is conveyed. I wouldn't trust one of them in the shithouse wearing a face guard.

Revelation 21:8
King James Version (KJV)

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Why do you quote passages from the Bible ALL the time, yet you don't believe in that fairy in the sky? How can you prove a point by quoting something you say you don't believe in?

When I was in my 20's I had most of the new testament committed to memory.....chapter and verse. Most people who claim to be Christians can't quote 10 verses and get it right. My problem is that none of them actually live the way the new testament instructs them to. They think their translation of what a preacher tells them is all they need. The preacher is telling them exactly what he knows they want to hear. Anything to keep the money coming in. Kinda funny that in the old testament god told Noah the exact measurements by which to build the ark. There is nothing in the new testament about how to build a church. The whole thing is a man's game devised to control and get into other people's pockets. That's not just my opinion....that's the truth.

As I understand it, the final question for you will not be whether THEY lived the way the new testament instructs them to, but rather, whether YOU lived the way the new testament instructed YOU to live. If you think preachers just say what the congregations want to hear, you obviously have never been to western KY.

As to your quote: "shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death", the operative word there is PART. Some translations say 'portion' or 'portion with with the hypocrites.' That doesn't sound to me like naughty Christians will get off scott free and I don't know anyone around here who believes otherwise. According to the teachings I am familiar with, if you are a believer you still have your place in heaven AFTER you have paid your debt for your behavior.

If also says:
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Last edited:
The Bible is a really cool book. Reading it in entirety was most interesting.

One part completely blew me away when I realized Jehovah loved his daughters. A whole tribe. God loved them and gave them their inheritance sp tired. ?

Jehovah stood for these women. You learn a lot when you just read on your own and don't let some one else try to tell you what's in the book.

And you also find out when you read it by yourself at how sad He was over the flood. And His promise for forever to never let Himself ever get that angry again.

He was heartbroken. Rainbow is a real deal.

Yea, me to. I was surprised at the part where Jesus supported slavery and told slaves to be "really good" slaves.

The other part where Jesus said he carries his father's sword. The father that killed first born and wiped out the entire world by drowning. Including all the dinosaurs.

I was shocked at how much Jesus said we should help the poor. Especially considering the party of "let him die" seems to have a completely different take. "Feed them and they will breed".

But there did seem to be a good solution when it comes to rape. The rapist must marry his victim and pay her father 50 old time bucks. Then, no matter what he does to her, it's not rape, because they are married. Problem solved. See how simple? Simple solutions are best.

Just to make sure I won't be put to death, I always wear only one type of material. Black latex.

authentic-batman-costume.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL.....just like a Christian. Any kind of false information is OK as long as their "Message of Salvation" is conveyed. I wouldn't trust one of them in the shithouse wearing a face guard.

Revelation 21:8
King James Version (KJV)

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Why do you quote passages from the Bible ALL the time, yet you don't believe in that fairy in the sky? How can you prove a point by quoting something you say you don't believe in?

When I was in my 20's I had most of the new testament committed to memory.....chapter and verse. Most people who claim to be Christians can't quote 10 verses and get it right. My problem is that none of them actually live the way the new testament instructs them to. They think their translation of what a preacher tells them is all they need. The preacher is telling them exactly what he knows they want to hear. Anything to keep the money coming in. Kinda funny that in the old testament god told Noah the exact measurements by which to build the ark. There is nothing in the new testament about how to build a church. The whole thing is a man's game devised to control and get into other people's pockets. That's not just my opinion....that's the truth.

Cammmpbell,
There is no gift, however good or great, that men cannot put to ill use, if so inclined. Faith is no different; some use it as a scam, some as a fraud, some as a tool to beat their philosophical enemy about the head with, but none of those is its purposeJust so we're clear, if you think faith is nothing more than a scam designed to "keep the suckers in line", and Christianity nothing more than worship of some "magical old man in the sky"you are missing the whole point; I no more believe in that notion of "God" than you do. What a puny, petty, limited deity that would be!

When I went to Vietnam, one of the first things I lost was the rather childish faith I had in that sort of a "God"; I sure didn't see any sign of what I thought of as "Him" in that awful place. Yet, there was a part of me that wanted to believe in something beyond, enough so that I said a prayer every day, "Dear God, whatever happens today, don't left me fuck up, and let my men down". Doesn't sound very pious or "Christian" at all, or even much like a prayer, at all, and yet somehow, it seemed to help. There have been many times since, when I have been in places where any sort of divine comfort seemed far away, but even in the darkest moments, there was something there, something that sustained me, somehow; something far greater than anything I could conceive, and it is that something that I have come to see as "God". I can't see it, or touch it, but I can see that presence, in all the world around me; I can sense a meaning and an order to it all, even though it is mostly beyond my comprehension.

Are Christians hypocrites? Of course; we all are. I've never known even one human being who lived his or her life entirely according to ANY set of principles, without failing or falling short. Perfection is not a part of human nature; never has been, never will be. I've seen the worst we can be; pretty depressing; I've also seen the best, which is pretty awesome; and I believe it is that better part of us in which we see that spark of the divine.

All the above, may make me just another superstitious fool, in your view. I can't prove you're wrong, and I won't try. If I am wrong, then life has no meaning, no hope, and when I am gone, I will simply cease to exist; but consider this-what have I lost, in hoping for something more, and believing in something greater? What have I lost, by doing something I believed was good, or unselfish, when I might as easily have done otherwise? If nothing else, has it not made the bitterness of this world easier to bear? What load of bitterness I still carry, must be like nothing at all compared to yours. I don't like you, but I do pity you, I really do.

Gandha had a saying about "christians" like you.

Why are you nonbelievers always quoting a believer? ??

Here's what Gandhi actually said.....

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi

And to tell you the truth? I kinda agree with him, as many Christians today spend a lot of time beating others over the head with their faith.

Santorum is a realy good example.

AMEN..........metaphorically speaking.

Cammmpbell,
There is no gift, however good or great, that men cannot put to ill use, if so inclined. Faith is no different; some use it as a scam, some as a fraud, some as a tool to beat their philosophical enemy about the head with, but none of those is its purposeJust so we're clear, if you think faith is nothing more than a scam designed to "keep the suckers in line", and Christianity nothing more than worship of some "magical old man in the sky"you are missing the whole point; I no more believe in that notion of "God" than you do. What a puny, petty, limited deity that would be!

When I went to Vietnam, one of the first things I lost was the rather childish faith I had in that sort of a "God"; I sure didn't see any sign of what I thought of as "Him" in that awful place. Yet, there was a part of me that wanted to believe in something beyond, enough so that I said a prayer every day, "Dear God, whatever happens today, don't left me fuck up, and let my men down". Doesn't sound very pious or "Christian" at all, or even much like a prayer, at all, and yet somehow, it seemed to help. There have been many times since, when I have been in places where any sort of divine comfort seemed far away, but even in the darkest moments, there was something there, something that sustained me, somehow; something far greater than anything I could conceive, and it is that something that I have come to see as "God". I can't see it, or touch it, but I can see that presence, in all the world around me; I can sense a meaning and an order to it all, even though it is mostly beyond my comprehension.

Are Christians hypocrites? Of course; we all are. I've never known even one human being who lived his or her life entirely according to ANY set of principles, without failing or falling short. Perfection is not a part of human nature; never has been, never will be. I've seen the worst we can be; pretty depressing; I've also seen the best, which is pretty awesome; and I believe it is that better part of us in which we see that spark of the divine.

All the above, may make me just another superstitious fool, in your view. I can't prove you're wrong, and I won't try. If I am wrong, then life has no meaning, no hope, and when I am gone, I will simply cease to exist; but consider this-what have I lost, in hoping for something more, and believing in something greater? What have I lost, by doing something I believed was good, or unselfish, when I might as easily have done otherwise? If nothing else, has it not made the bitterness of this world easier to bear? What load of bitterness I still carry, must be like nothing at all compared to yours. I don't like you, but I do pity you, I really do.

That is a beautiful post. This morning, I got up with my life and my impending death and Wordsworth on my mind:

Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;
In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be;
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of human suffering;
In the faith that looks through death,
In years that bring the philosophic mind.

So, now I have cried twice today and it is only 11:39 where I am!

I'll give you rep as soon as I can again.

Last edited:
No one needs a book to talk about religion. Your question is silly. How do you propose to monitor every word a kid says at recess? If parents don't want their kids listening to another kid talking about his/her religion tell their kid to play with someone else! Oh, and BTW, the SCOTUS has already rules that students in public schools have fundamental rights and freedom of speech as long as it does not disrupt the classes..

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're right, nobody needs a book to talk about religion, however, reading a Bible in the playground with others, talking about what they read is actually a Bible study, and that is essentially what this kid is doing.

Like I said, if you allow it for Christians, will you also allow it for Muslims?

Muslims believe in Christ. What's your problem? You hate Muslims and Christians? Please tell me you know that Muslims believe Christ is a prophet.

Oh you don't do you?:lol: Gotcha .....

Whoa geeze how much hate do you have.

I never said that Muslims didn't believe in Christ, what I ASKED is if the islamophobic Christians would be cool with a Koran study at recess.

Reading comprehension TD.

BTW..............go ahead and speak out in your own church about how Muslims believe in Christ, chances are, you'd get a lot of blowback from them.

Forum List

Back