Tennessee Dems want to reject voters choice

Zxereus

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2012
Tennessee Democrats reject U.S. Senate nominee Mark Clayton

Last Thursday, Democrat Mark Clayton won his party's nomination for U.S. Senate in Tennessee, but Democrats aren't celebrating.

From the state party:

Mark Clayton is associated with a known hate group in Washington, D.C., and the Tennessee Democratic Party disavows his candidacy, will not do anything to promote or support him in any way, and urges Democrats to write-in a candidate of their choice in November.

The party said in a statement last week that the only time the insurance agent has voted in a Democratic primary "was when he was voting for himself" and that Clayton won simply because he was listed first on the ballot.

Clayton, whose website displayed "bandwith limit exceeded" error messages Monday, has worked for Public Advocate of the United States, a conservative group that opposes same-sex marriage, the "furtherance of so-called 'Gay Rights,'" according to its website, and abortion rights legislation, among other initiatives.

MORE: Tennessee Democrats reject U.S. Senate nominee Mark Clayton | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Tennessee Democrats reject U.S. Senate nominee Mark Clayton

Last Thursday, Democrat Mark Clayton won his party's nomination for U.S. Senate in Tennessee, but Democrats aren't celebrating.

From the state party:

Mark Clayton is associated with a known hate group in Washington, D.C., and the Tennessee Democratic Party disavows his candidacy, will not do anything to promote or support him in any way, and urges Democrats to write-in a candidate of their choice in November.

The party said in a statement last week that the only time the insurance agent has voted in a Democratic primary "was when he was voting for himself" and that Clayton won simply because he was listed first on the ballot.

Clayton, whose website displayed "bandwith limit exceeded" error messages Monday, has worked for Public Advocate of the United States, a conservative group that opposes same-sex marriage, the "furtherance of so-called 'Gay Rights,'" according to its website, and abortion rights legislation, among other initiatives.

MORE: Tennessee Democrats reject U.S. Senate nominee Mark Clayton | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

So what? Imagine that. A party not rallying around their nominee because he's a jerk. Too much for Republicans to envision I guess. So Corker wins. He'd probably win anyway. Then again, perhaps this guy can beat him with his anti-rights stand.

Well democrats do have a lovely history of trying to stop people from voting...:)

Read the article. No one is stopping anyone from voting, they're just refusing to rally around this clown. Very unlike the Republicans that were calling Romney a liar and a vulture capitalist a few months back.

You guys I posted a thread on this earlier, the funny part was how stupid democrats are. They said that they just picked the first guy on the list. THAT is hilarious

He won the election however.

So? RINOS win elections all the time.

Well sounds to me like the Tennesse Dem structure is completely out of touch with their voters.
And we all know about how the republiklans like to touch thier constiuancy! :eusa_drool:

Does that mean that The or Thou Republiklans, I should think they would be turnin' out for a :tank: shoootin, or a bunin' :FIREdevil: of them pesky varmets,,,,,,Muslim's in our nation.

I am trying figure my Constitutional side from my Freedom lovin' side,,,,,:disagree:you know that,:nono: "it's okie-dookie if I approve of you forieners", brutes.:splat::splat:

Well sounds to me like the Tennesse Dem structure is completely out of touch with their voters.

Possible. Or perhaps the voters were unaware of the type of person they were voting for.

Then why did they vote for him?

Because perhaps they are unaware of the type of person he is.

*shurg* they voted for him, they get him. That doesn't mean other elected democrats have to embrace the voters choice.

Possible. Or perhaps the voters were unaware of the type of person they were voting for.

*shurg* they voted for him, they get him. That doesn't mean other elected democrats have to embrace the voters choice.

So do you think they were typical of Democrat voters? Just voting because of the D next to his name?

So do you think they were typical of Democrat voters? Just voting because of the D next to his name?

I could start making sweeping generalizations too.

Um.

It was the Democratic Primary. Everyone had a "D" next to their name.

Forum List

Back