Tennessee Democrats Compare Republicans To Special Olympics Children

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Link

October 12, 2004 – Democrats in a race for a state House seat in District 82, are circulating a flyer that shows a retarded child with President Bush’s face running in a track race. The headline says: “Voting for Bush Is Like Running In The Special Olympics: Even If You Win, You’re Still Retarded.”

The flyer is being distributed by Democrat Craig Fitzhugh. His opponent, Dave Dahl has issued a call to Fitzhugh to stop distributing the flyer.

According to Dahl, “Hard-ball politics is one thing and everyone expects tough battles, but using those who are born with mental disabilities for political fodder is disgusting.”

Dahl says the flyers have been distributed for at least two weeks from Fitzhugh’s campaign office in Ripley, Tennessee. It also serves as the Kerry-Edwards headquarters. “At first, I really did not believe that Fitzhugh and the Democrats would stoop to such gutter politics, but then people started bringing the flyer to me at the end of last week. I was shocked and disgusted.”

“This kind of reckless disregard for those who suffer from mental disabilities is much larger than any state representative race. This act is so atrocious and indecent that my campaign will be sending a copy of the Fitzhugh flyer to the United States Special Olympics Committee, the Special Olympics International Group and state and national advocacy groups who work with and support special needs children and adults.”

This most recent attack on Republicans as mentally handicapped is not new. On October 28, 1994, while in Virginia, then-Vice President Al Gore attacked Oliver North's Senate bid supporters as "the extreme right wing, the extra chromosome right wing." Advocates for those with Down's Syndrome, caused by an extra chromosome, were outraged.

BushOlympics.JPG

Well this is classy. Funny how weak accusations of racism and such come from the Dems with nothing solid to back it up, then they go out and openly do stupid crap like this.

"At first, I really did not believe that...the Democrats would stoop to such gutter politics".

What, in the sum total of this poor man's experience , would make him believe that the Democrats possess any scruples - any boundaries - when it comes to their quest for power? Has he been living in a cave?

musicman said:
"At first, I really did not believe that...the Democrats would stoop to such gutter politics".

What, in the sum total of this poor man's experience , would make him believe that the Democrats possess any scruples - any boundaries - when it comes to their quest for power? Has he been living in a cave?

He's using the same words Democrats would use if the situation was reversed.

Well Kerry-Edwards have already exploited the death of Christopher Reeve for their campaign, does this type of behavior really surprise anybody?

Has anyone been keeping up with all of the Republican campaign HQs being broken into nationwide? Again an indication of the fundamental differences between the two parties.

New Topics

Forum List

Back