Ten Worst Places To Live

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
Are you in, or near, one? I thought I might be as unemployment here on the coast of Oregon is almost 11%. But, so far, so good??? :doubt:

Snip:

"Using a variety of criteria, including unemployment rates, health data, the number of foreclosures, crime statistics, climate and other measures of misery, WalletPop came up with its unofficial list of the 10 worst cities to live in. This list is far from comprehensive, but there are some significant reasons why these cities made the cut. Read on."

10 Worst Places to Live

Last edited:
Number 7 is horse hockey.

Living in Prince William county, VA (which has a very similar law to AZ's), I can tell you the change has been great. Many of the illegals deported themselves, those that stayed, we helped deport over the last 3 years. I'm not saying that there are no illegals in the county, but there are a lot fewer. The net effect, less overcrowding in the schools, DMV, and emergency room and slightly lower home values in some places because of decreased demand that began before the crash. But, other areas values have gone up because people didn't want to live in an all Hispanic neighborhood. Those are much fewer now.

So, Phoenix at number 7 is BS. Just sour grapes by the writer.

Oklahoma City is the unhealthiest city in the country, as measured by the American College of Sports Medicine's annual fitness index. The index looks at 30 fitness indicators, including obesity and exercise rates, death rate from cardiovascular disease, acres of park land, number of primary care physicians per capita and percentage of residents who bicycle or walk to work.

The index compares the 50 largest metro areas on a 100-point scale; Oklahoma City received a score of 24.3, making it the most sluggish city in the U.S. The obesity rate is 30.2%, four points above average. It has an exercise rate of 71% and has half as many baseball diamonds, recreation centers and dog parks as most cities. Detroit and Las Vegas also performed poorly on the fitness index.

Damn, Oklahoma can't win.... Where are all these fatties they're talking about!?! Out of all the places I have ever lived, this has to be the greatest(which is the reason I always end up back here)! Crime rate isn't bad, Recession hasn't hit us as hard as most of the country, and the people are the friendliest I have ever met.
AMAZED Abq., NM didn't make it. That place was a hell hole!

Cleveland is miseravle cold, Phoenix is horribly hot. There is no place from Astoria to Brookings that is not nice. You can't get a job there, but while you are not working, it is a nice place to enjoy yourself.

Are you in, or near, one? I thought I might be as unemployment here on the coast of Oregon is almost 11%. But, so far, so good??? :doubt:

Snip:

"Using a variety of criteria, including unemployment rates, health data, the number of foreclosures, crime statistics, climate and other measures of misery, WalletPop came up with its unofficial list of the 10 worst cities to live in. This list is far from comprehensive, but there are some significant reasons why these cities made the cut. Read on."

10 Worst Places to Live

Our area is actually pretty good. Lots of mom and pop operations still. A lot of self sufficiency.

Number 7 is horse hockey.

Living in Prince William county, VA (which has a very similar law to AZ's), I can tell you the change has been great. Many of the illegals deported themselves, those that stayed, we helped deport over the last 3 years. I'm not saying that there are no illegals in the county, but there are a lot fewer. The net effect, less overcrowding in the schools, DMV, and emergency room and slightly lower home values in some places because of decreased demand that began before the crash. But, other areas values have gone up because people didn't want to live in an all Hispanic neighborhood. Those are much fewer now.

So, Phoenix at number 7 is BS. Just sour grapes by the writer.

I live here in arizona and say what you are saying about this state is horse hockey. This city lost a lot...a lot of money with this crap and brewer telling the world we have higher crime rate than we actually have...acutally crime has gone down...is killing this state.

Arizona......its hate, but its a dry hate. By the way, why would the writer have sour grapes towards arizona?

Cleveland is miseravle cold, Phoenix is horribly hot. There is no place from Astoria to Brookings that is not nice. You can't get a job there, but while you are not working, it is a nice place to enjoy yourself.

Arizona is hot, but when I am in my back yard in shorts grilling on the bbq, thinking about taking a dip in the pool on Christmas, think about us.

By the way, my car read 119 on the high way today....dayum.

Sorry Drew Carey, I guess Cleveland doesn't rock after all.

I have a friend who recently moved out to Phoenix and he really likes it there, he'd think I'd like it too. It's inclusion on the list surprises me.

Sorry Drew Carey, I guess Cleveland doesn't rock after all.

I have a friend who recently moved out to Phoenix and he really likes it there, he'd think I'd like it too. It's inclusion on the list surprises me.

Well, on that list its because of the way we treat Hispanics....and the foreclosure rate. Personally, I bought my house in 2002 when the market had a fair value, so I am not under water..not even close.

Personally, I like it here. I hate the summers, love the winters and enjoy the scenery here. (Keep in mind, I came in from 16 years at san diego, so I was spoiled but....its nice here.)

Ten worst places to live?

1. A sewer.
2. A nursing home.
3. A bar bathroom.
4. A landfill.
5. A burnout bus.
6. Under a bridge.
7. The North Pole.
8. A mosquito infested swamp.
9. Underground in a very, very, very confined space.
10. Next door to Abba.

I live in the middle of a corn field. It's 150 yards from the middle of nowhere but it suits me just fine. Have to drive 5 miles to get a loaf of bread, or just about anything else. Nobody here but me, the wife, the deer, the raccoons, the possums, the skunks, eagles, and the coyotes. No liberal Democrats for at least 4 miles in any direction. Who could ask for more?

1. A sewer.
2. A nursing home.
3. A bar bathroom.
4. A landfill.
5. A burnout bus.
6. Under a bridge.
7. The North Pole.
10. Next door to Abba.

a shark cage
limbaugh's chair
a camping trip with conhog
tub full of snakes

1. A sewer.
2. A nursing home.
3. A bar bathroom.
4. A landfill.
5. A burnout bus.
6. Under a bridge.
7. The North Pole.
10. Next door to Abba.

Santa Troll Disagrees.

santa-troll.jpg

Forum List

Back