Ten Tenets of Freedom

I could go with #10 a lot because I don't see why any of us should have to go and fight and die for someone else's freedom especially if it was something our government wanted. Life in American is for Americans and we should do everything in our power to help other countries win their freedom but stop short at war because our lives are important to us and should not be spent for other people's causes.

I'll bite and say the goal of government is to best support the general welfare.

Sometimes that is accomplished by getting out of the way of private enterprise and letting companies expand space travel.
Sometimes its accomplished by instituting a draft to go beat the Nazi's.
Sometimes it may be best to forcibly take lands from the Native Americans.
Sometimes its best accomplished by using the Military Industrial Complex to give that Native American land to the Railroads to connect the eastern and western ends of the continent.
Sometimes you have to use the threat of violence to force immunization on folks to get rid of small pox.
Sometimes you gotta throw out the Articles of Confederation and start all over.
The goal of the federal gubmint is to protect people from external aggressive force and fraud...That's it.

Its role was never intended to be an aggressor against those it was chartered to serve.

Thats it. Its to protect us only.

False analogies. The goal of running a business is for it to grow, whereas the goal with government is to keep it limited.

no... the object of government is for it to be SUCCESSFUL....not some Dickensian nightmare.

What does that mean to say that the object of government is to be successful? I think government is pretty successful when it is capable of enforcing the laws which is the base power of any government and when it does that wouldn't you say it is successful?

I'll bite and say the goal of government is to best support the general welfare.

Sometimes that is accomplished by getting out of the way of private enterprise and letting companies expand space travel.
Sometimes its accomplished by instituting a draft to go beat the Nazi's.
Sometimes it may be best to forcibly take lands from the Native Americans.
Sometimes its best accomplished by using the Military Industrial Complex to give that Native American land to the Railroads to connect the eastern and western ends of the continent.
Sometimes you have to use the threat of violence to force immunization on folks to get rid of small pox.
Sometimes you gotta throw out the Articles of Confederation and start all over.
Yep...there is no point in having a government if it doesn't fulfill its one and only duty...which is basically to keep the country thriving.

Though it is quite possible for individuals to have ulterior motives and overstep their authority.

The country thrives when individuals do because if the individuals that happen to compose society are not then how can you say that society is successful?

You could spend some time in a third world country...then you might actually wake up one day and be happy that you were born an American.

Otherwise, you are free to immigrate elsewhere. I'm sure there are many countries that would love to have you.

:lol:

And btw, having a moral right to what you earn? tff!
If you are so happy to be an American, why are supporting someone who is working to drastically change it into something unrecognizable?

Liberals want to make America better. They always have, and have consistently succeeded over the decades once they got the conservatives' barriers out of the way.

You are perfectly free to make yourselves better. No one has ever hindered you from doing that (at least not legally) or from pursuiing what you think is better for yourself.

False analogies. The goal of running a business is for it to grow, whereas the goal with government is to keep it limited.

no... the object of government is for it to be SUCCESSFUL....not some Dickensian nightmare.

Not sure how I missed this post, but I did.

What does it mean for the government to be successful? I would define a successful government as one that allows for the individual freedom of its citizens unhampered. In other words, a limited government is the only successful government.

Is he trying to say income tax is unconstitutional again?

I have never argued that the income tax is unconstitutional, at least not after the adoption of the 16th Amendment. It's certainly immoral, but not unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back