Ten States (107 Electoral Votes) File Bills For Pres Candidates To Prove Eligibility

I see nothing wrong with a State making laws to follow the Constitution.

However if someone has a problem with it i would have to wonder why.....

The laws listed here, IF true and accurate, are a violation of Full Faith and Credit.

But they're welcome to try. I'm sure their taxpayers will be pleased to waste millions getting shot down in Federal court.
look at the Maine law, tell me how that would be unconstitutional?

The laws listed here, IF true and accurate, are a violation of Full Faith and Credit.

But they're welcome to try. I'm sure their taxpayers will be pleased to waste millions getting shot down in Federal court.

I made it a really big if. :D

What are they, like 0-70 in court now?

yep...

The states do not have the power to prescribe qualifications for the Presidency. Last year the Supreme Court ruled that states do not have the power to enforce immigration laws, because the Constitution lays that power at the feet of the federal government. This isn't much different. Whereas a given matter is within the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal government or some federal law (like the Constitution's prescribed qualifications for the Presidency) the states do not have jurisdiction to add qualifications, or to enforce them.

I cannot find this ruling anywhere... Are you sure?

There is precedent, but if I understand correctly it's a reference to the AZ challenge? The Supreme Court has heard arguments, but the opinion has not yet been released.

Supreme Court appears divided over state laws against illegal immigration - Los Angeles Times

Thank you, that's what I remembered.

What utter frauds you right-wingers are. Utter fucking frauds.

All you have is ignorance .. and because you KNOW that you have no fucking chance what-so-fucking-ever to beat Obama at the polls .. you desperately search for gimmicks and bullshit to do what you have no chance of doing otherwise.

... and oh yeah .. I didn't vote for Obama, don't even like him .. but I'm also not a goddamn fraud who believes he should be removed by gimmick.

Why does he work so hard to hide it and his records?

Since it's WND, considering how they don't know the difference between a Supreme Court Conference and Oral Arguments - "submitted bills" probably means some janitor scribbled it on a napkin and they found it while dumpster diving for lunch.

But just in case it's even remotely based on something akin to reality.....

:rofl:
HP0027, LD 34, item 1, An Act To Require Candidates for Public Office To Provide Proof of Citizenship

that one actually exists

They got something right. :thup:

Maine doesn't allow naturalized citizens to hold any elected office? :eusa_eh:

All you have is ignorance .. and because you KNOW that you have no fucking chance what-so-fucking-ever to beat Obama at the polls .. you desperately search for gimmicks and bullshit to do what you have no chance of doing otherwise.

... and oh yeah .. I didn't vote for Obama, don't even like him .. but I'm also not a goddamn fraud who believes he should be removed by gimmick.

Why does he work so hard to hide it and his records?

Weasel Zippers Blog Archive Arizona Set to Pass Law Requiring Presidential Candidates to Prove Their Citizenship Status…

Since it's WND, considering how they don't know the difference between a Supreme Court Conference and Oral Arguments - "submitted bills" probably means some janitor scribbled it on a napkin and they found it while dumpster diving for lunch.

HP0027, LD 34, item 1, An Act To Require Candidates for Public Office To Provide Proof of Citizenship

that one actually exists

and actually, i dont see how that would violate any constitutional challenge
but then, Obama could easily satisfy that
his CoLB would qualify

his CoLB would qualify

It would fail because it's for all elected officials, but naturalized citizens may hold any office except the Presidency.

The States cannot exceed the constitutional qualifications for Federal offices.

Where does it state that naturalization papers are acceptable as proof of citizenship for all elected offices but POTUS?

How is filing a eligibility bill fraud?

Because this nation didn't start yesterday and this "test" is just bullshit to bring down Obama because the right has NOBODY that can beat him at the polls.

The best candidate you have is Romney and there is no way so-called evangelicals are going to allow that.

Bachman. Palin, birth certificate, muslim .. on and on ad nauseum.

What? You don't think anyone knows

It's nothing but grandstanding over a stupid conspiracy theory. What is so hard to wonder?

his CoLB would qualify

It would fail because it's for all elected officials, but naturalized citizens may hold any office except the Presidency.

Where does it state that naturalization papers are acceptable as proof of citizenship for all elected offices but POTUS?
thats covered

or other government-issued identification

Last edited:
Texas is first?

Great.

The Republican Platform in Texas wants to make gays "felons".

TX GOP platform: Re-criminalize sodomy, make gay marriage a felony | Raw Story

In addition to this, the Texas GOP seeks to end the state's lottery, which provides millions in funding to public education; restrict citizenship to children born in the United States whose parents are citizens; end federal sponsorship of pre-kindergarten schools; impose a jail sentence on any illegal immigrant in the state; shut down all day-labor centers; cut off all bilingual education after a student's fourth year in a U.S. public school; legalize corporal punishment in public schools; mandate that evolution and global warming be "taught as challengeable scientific theory"; and demand that Congress evict the United Nations from U.S. soil and end American membership in the global body.

In spite of this, Texas Governor Rick Perry went out of his way to extol the virtues of Mexican-Americans and at one point even filled his convention stage with dozens of minorities, essentially using them as props to promote Republican tolerance.

------------------------------------

And now they are first among nutbags. Figures.

I can tell you why.

Because the rest of the country isn't so stupid that they don't know what you're up to.

that one actually exists

I think Maine's law has a much better chance of withstanding a legal challenge, even though it has a major fault, then the Arizona law. The Arizona law attempts to define what a Natural Born Citizen is by placing requirements that the birth certificate must contain certain information and be accompanied by witness statements when: (a) some of the information required has no bearing on citizenship, and (b) no witnesses may be alive who were present at the birth.

While I think Maine's law is much better. Where Arizona's law is clearly targeted at one pers... I mean position. On the other hand, Maine's law applies ALL elected positions which is better. However it requires the presentation of a birth certificate to prove United States citizenship. Someone should inform Maine that there are a lot of Americans whose birth certificate do not prove their citizenship. For example, if "The Arnold" had run for the Governor of Maine instead of California he would not have qualified because he would not have been able to present a birth certificate showing that he was born in the United States, his birth certificate would have shown Austria. But he could have presented his naturalization papers showing citizenship.

>>>>

Texas is first?

Great.

The Republican Platform in Texas wants to make gays "felons".

TX GOP platform: Re-criminalize sodomy, make gay marriage a felony | Raw Story

In addition to this, the Texas GOP seeks to end the state's lottery, which provides millions in funding to public education; restrict citizenship to children born in the United States whose parents are citizens; end federal sponsorship of pre-kindergarten schools; impose a jail sentence on any illegal immigrant in the state; shut down all day-labor centers; cut off all bilingual education after a student's fourth year in a U.S. public school; legalize corporal punishment in public schools; mandate that evolution and global warming be "taught as challengeable scientific theory"; and demand that Congress evict the United Nations from U.S. soil and end American membership in the global body.

In spite of this, Texas Governor Rick Perry went out of his way to extol the virtues of Mexican-Americans and at one point even filled his convention stage with dozens of minorities, essentially using them as props to promote Republican tolerance.

------------------------------------

And now they are first among nutbags. Figures.

The good news for planet earth is that these knuckleheads are exposing themselves as the racist hateful morons we all know them to be.

They have NO chance in 2012 .. and they're making sure of that.

his CoLB would qualify

thats covered

or other government-issued identification

That's in reference to the driver's license. It's the BC AND a DL or other ID. BC is Column A, DL or ID is Column B.

So you're right on the COLB, so long it's enforced properly.

But it would still fail, since under any normal statutory construction it disallows naturalized citizens from running for public offices other than President.

They're either very poor drafters, or it's again...all about Obama. So they forgot everything else. ;)

No doubt once the document is provided, they will say that it is a fake :p

look at the Maine law, tell me how that would be unconstitutional?

Since it applies to all elected positions, it would unconstitutionally bar naturalized citizens from running for office since their birth certificate would not prove citizenship while their naturalization papers would. But naturalization papers are not listed as an option.

>>>>

Forum List

Back