Ten Inconvenient Truths About The National Debt: It's Worse Than You Think...

And Pauli wonders why he gets called a coward. A simple request to just explain his position, and he runs and hides. As always.

Too bad.

This coming from an Obamabot who from the avatars refuses to see how corrupt Obama is.:lol: I love your hyprocrisy you display in those avatars talking about how Romney refusing a background check but in denial that Obam has yet to produce a birth ceritificate not a forgery.

Oh and he provided you a link as well not just copy and paste and all you can do is bitch and whine but cant acknowledge how Obama has ruined our country.

Last edited:
The true debt, when accounting for all outlays, not the budget smear the federal government is allowed to perform, is roughly $56.9 trillion.

With a GDP of roughly 15 trillion.

And you provided links and back up for this number ... where?

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Here you go one. more. time.

You can find it under the header "US Total debt".

You're welcome.

heh heh

You know, I love it when you guys try and post links to evidence. It really makes me smile. Why? Well, in this case, you're trying to use "US Total Debt" in a discussion about the Federal Debt. You apparently don't realize that "US Total Debt" includes, literally, everything. Your debt. My debt. A banks debt. Companies' debts. Everything.

You can rest easy. The U.S. Government is not responsible for paying down every single penny of debt in the entire country.

You're welcome.

heh heh

You know, I love it when you guys try and post links to evidence. It really makes me smile. Why? Well, in this case, you're trying to use "US Total Debt" in a discussion about the Federal Debt. You apparently don't realize that "US Total Debt" includes, literally, everything. Your debt. My debt. A banks debt. Companies' debts. Everything.

You can rest easy. The U.S. Government is not responsible for paying down every single penny of debt in the entire country.

And you are of the impression that massive private debt does not have any translation onto public/federal debt? It does. It most certainly does. But you're not interested in why that is or a discussion on its merits. You're only interested in burying your head in the sand and believing that if this, or if that happens, someday down the road everything is to be totally fine. No issues at all.

It's the reason your not much of a discourse kind of poster. Just find the talking point you like, repeat it. Congrats

GDP does not equate to the market value of a home. Reality indeed.
I never said it did. I equate it to the income of a country, since that's what it is.

Further, our actual debt is far beyond $16T. That number, as horrendous as it is, is far below what a balance sheet would indicate if the federal government followed the same accounting standards as private business are required to follow by law.
Oh right, this magically higher number you refuse to provide evidence for. When you decide what it is, let us know.

Business are required to account for all unfunded liabilities. Not so for the federal government. Those unfunded liabilities are about to hit $120T.

The true debt, when accounting for all outlays, not the budget smear the federal government is allowed to perform, is roughly $56.9 trillion.

With a GDP of roughly 15 trillion.

You're welcome.
:clap2::clap2::lol:
Looks like she did not read that link.:lol:dont expect anything different this time.It'll go ignored again.

It appears the poster viewed the content. They just seem to be of the impression that it is of no consequence. Just like the same poster will say the unfunded liabilities are of no consequence. It's raining money in their world. :lmao:

You're welcome.

heh heh

And you are of the impression that massive private debt does not have any translation onto public/federal debt? It does. It most certainly does. But you're not interested in why that is or a discussion on its merits. You're only interested in burying your head in the sand and believing that if this, or if that happens, someday down the road everything is to be totally fine. No issues at all.

It's the reason your not much of a discourse kind of poster. Just find the talking point you like, repeat it. Congrats

The conversation in this thread has been about the National Debt. NOT US Total Debt. If you want to talk about US Total Debt and its impact on the economy, I am more than happy to do that. Just realize you are changing the topic and that means you are ignoring the very facts that say our National Debt is not an issue right now and does not need to be paid down at any point in the near future.

Near future. We've got at least two centuries in us before we need to address the fact the entire nation, including the federal government, would be considered insolvent beyond any repair if forced to follow the rules most budget balancers/report are.

It's fine, fella. You go on thinking the total US debt, public debt and the massive unfunded liabilities we have boaring down on us are of no consequence. I'd love to take up that view from the clouds. It looks a bit more urgent down here.

And when a Republican takes the White House back, the Obamabots will argue the exact opposite of what they're arguing now. Massive spending & Debt a good thing? Yeah, Obamabots have completely lost it.

GDP does not equate to the market value of a home. Reality indeed.
I never said it did. I equate it to the income of a country, since that's what it is.

Further, our actual debt is far beyond $16T. That number, as horrendous as it is, is far below what a balance sheet would indicate if the federal government followed the same accounting standards as private business are required to follow by law.
Oh right, this magically higher number you refuse to provide evidence for. When you decide what it is, let us know.

Business are required to account for all unfunded liabilities. Not so for the federal government. Those unfunded liabilities are about to hit $120T.

A Government is not a Business. They each have different rules.

Also, again, you are dropping a number and not putting a timeframe on it. $120T over 10 years? 100 years? 1,000 years? You're not explaining, you're trying to just be scary.

heh heh

The conversation in this thread has been about the National Debt. NOT US Total Debt. If you want to talk about US Total Debt and its impact on the economy, I am more than happy to do that. Just realize you are changing the topic and that means you are ignoring the very facts that say our National Debt is not an issue right now and does not need to be paid down at any point in the near future.

Then YOU haven't been reading or selectively SO. LIAR. :eusa_hand:

Also, again, you are dropping a number and not putting a timeframe on it. $120T over 10 years? 100 years? 1,000 years? You're not explaining, you're trying to just be scary.

Government IS different from business. SO? What is Government doing with RUNNING GM? The BANKS?

YOU ARE AN IDIOT and don't know nor care of Constitutional limits on GOVERNMENT. :eusa_hand:

Bush & Obama have screwed so many future generations. It really is very sad.

Ah, the Omnipotent government opine. Swell. All Heil!

An unfunded liability is a liability That is not covered by an asset of equal or greater value.

Currently, I read that in order to fix the problem, we would need an increase in total GDP right now of around 24% and maintain it, not adjusted for inflation.

Then YOU haven't been reading or selectively SO. LIAR. :eusa_hand:

National Debt is in the subject line of the thread.

:cool:

Forum List

Back